Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth In Ear Monitors - Discussion Thread
May 21, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #31 of 85
Hey @Salsera is this the retail box?

And these have matching eartips too. Matching with the controller's 2nc color.

Yeah, i missed those comply tips on this pic. My first impression is fairly good, but it does have some limitations, like range and if there is a wall in between, then forget it.

SQ is good, but has mid bass bolt, but its not bad for a first attempt, and Just look at its price!!

I hope one day Brainwavz will make a waterproof Bluetooth earphone with better range so that i can use these while am bathing.
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #32 of 85
  Hey @Salsera is this the retail box?

And these have matching eartips too. Matching with the controller's 2nc color.

Yeah, i missed those comply tips on this pic. My first impression is fairly good, but it does have some limitations, like range and if there is a wall in between, then forget it.

SQ is good, but has mid bass bolt, but its not bad for a first attempt, and Just look at its price!!

I hope one day Brainwavz will make a waterproof Bluetooth earphone with better range so that i can use these while am bathing.
biggrin.gif

Yes, it is the retail box :)

May 21, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #34 of 85
  I wound like to share that while playing Real Racing 3 i discovered that streaming is delayed in the range of 0.5-0.8 seconds.
  I wonder if this has been discovered.

And mid bass is really prominent and slightly boomy, thankfully EQing helps.

May 31, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #35 of 85
My review is finally up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13264

May 31, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #36 of 85
Seems im super late to the party here. I'm only getting my review sample of the Blu-100 tomorrow! Not expecting anything breakthrough from a 50 dollar bluetooth headphone but I would love to see if they sound good enough that I'd be happy using the paired with my smartphone. Seems opinions of them have been mixed so far.

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #37 of 85
I have a retail version of Blu-100.

It randomly loses connection with my Android phone (Oneplus One), when the phone is left in my pants' pocket and I walk around outside.  My outdoor environment is an urban townhouse community that is NOT too crowded. I tried the Blu-100 twice, at night and at 4PM in the afternoon, and got same (annoying) amount of drop-outs. (Outdoor) connection was improved significantly when I held my phone close to Blu-100/my head. 

When I am indoor, connection is stable and consistent (moving/standing still/phone proximity does not change much indoor). I can still make connection drop by covering my phone with my hand, but the drop-outs are not as annoying as outdoor. 

Is the outdoor drop-outs caused by interference of other bluetooth devices? I would think that most people are not at home at 4PM (so there should be less interference). Also I don't live in a crowded apartment.

My Blu-100 and phone were fully charged when I tested Blu-100.

I had Sleek SA-6 with Kleer Wireless before and wireless connection was a lot better. 

I don't think I am the only one having connection problems. Shotgunshane and Brooko had that too: http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13156
http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13091

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #38 of 85

It randomly loses connection with my Android phone (Oneplus One), when the phone is left in my pants' pocket and I walk around outside.  My outdoor environment is an urban townhouse community that is NOT too crowded. I tried the Blu-100 twice, at night and at 4PM in the afternoon, and got same (annoying) amount of drop-outs. (Outdoor) connection was improved significantly when I held my phone close to Blu-100/my head. 

When I am indoor, connection is stable and consistent (moving/standing still/phone proximity does not change much indoor). I can still make connection drop by covering my phone with my hand, but the drop-outs are not as annoying as outdoor. 

Is the outdoor drop-outs caused by interference of other bluetooth devices? I would think that most people are not at home at 4PM (so there should be less interference). Also I don't live in a crowded apartment.

I had Sleek SA-6 with Kleer Wireless before and wireless connection was a lot better. 

I don't think I am the only one having connection problems. Shotgunshane and Brooko had that too: http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13156

oddly enough i took them out for the first time to my local park to do some basketball shooting drills. and i found that when i strapped my ipod on my leg/arm (arm/leg band) underneath clothing it seems to cut out more often than as opposed on a ground next to my bag (3-5 feet away).

not sure why that is (its closer to me even though its underneath a layer of clothing, but when its on the ground (even a fair distance away (i'm less likely to experience drop outs)

i think another reason could be attributed to the battery life (i find once the battery goes below say 40% or so, its more likely to cut out)--> totally not objective but thats just what i found.

but i do hear drop outs every now and then though

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #39 of 85

oddly enough i took them out for the first time to my local park to do some basketball shooting drills. and i found that when i strapped my ipod on my leg/arm (arm/leg band) underneath clothing it seems to cut out more often than as opposed on a ground next to my bag (3-5 feet away).

not sure why that is (its closer to me even though its underneath a layer of clothing, but when its on the ground (even a fair distance away (i'm less likely to experience drop outs)

i think another reason could be attributed to the battery life (i find once the battery goes below say 40% or so, its more likely to cut out)--> totally not objective but thats just what i found.

but i do hear drop outs every now and then though

I honstly don't seem to have experienced any issues other than a choppy signal when I stuff my source (an iPod Touch) into my pocket. From my expeirence the drop-outs happen because the antenna (or whatever is used to transmit the Bluetooth signal) is covered by the pocket, and without a clear line of sight to the BLU-100, they drop out. This happened on a couple of Bluetooth earphones I've tried.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #40 of 85
I honstly don't seem to have experienced any issues other than a choppy signal when I stuff my source (an iPod Touch) into my pocket. From my expeirence the drop-outs happen because the antenna (or whatever is used to transmit the Bluetooth signal) is covered by the pocket, and without a clear line of sight to the BLU-100, they drop out. This happened on a couple of Bluetooth earphones I've tried.

In my case, even when my phone is inside my pant's pocket, as long as I am indoor, connection is solid. When I walk outside with phone in pocket though, I have many annoying drop-outs. I also tried using an arm-band (closer to headphones and less blockage) outside and drop-outs were still significant.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #41 of 85

In my case, even when my phone is inside my pant's pocket, as long as I am indoor, connection is solid. When I walk outside with phone in pocket though, I have many annoying drop-outs. I also tried using an arm-band (closer to headphones and less blockage) outside and drop-outs were still significant.

Hmm...that seems more like an interference problem. Then again, I tested the BLU-100 oustide for a walk with no problems. Do you use a phone? It could be something with the radio signals coming from the phone that's causing the EMI.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #42 of 85

Mine happened more when a lot of people were around (assuming a lot of bluetooth signals).  It's one of the issues with bluetooth I guess.  When the dropouts get constant, it gets pretty annoying.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #43 of 85
I just tested it a 3rd time with armband outdoor. Same annoying amount of drop-outs. More drop outs with more armband movements. I could consistently reproduce drop outs by twisting my body, when I was outside.

But that did not happen indoor. No matter how I twisted my body and moved armband the same way (as outdoor), drop outs rarely occured. My guess is that walls of room reflect back bluetooth signal and kind of amplify the signal, which would be otherwise lost in outdoor environment.

Bluetooth signal transduction may be too weak with Blu-100 - I am guessing.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #44 of 85
I just tested it a 3rd time with armband outdoor. Same annoying amount of drop-outs. More drop outs with more armband movements. I could consistently reproduce drop outs by twisting my body, when I was outside.

But that did not happen indoor. No matter how I twisted my body and moved armband the same way (as outdoor), drop outs rarely occured. My guess is that walls of room reflect back bluetooth signal and kind of amplify the signal, which would be otherwise lost in outdoor environment.

Bluetooth signal transduction may be too weak with Blu-100 - I am guessing.

Normally if you're BLU-100 (or any other bluetooth device) works in doors, be it near to the source or far away, in or not in your pocket/bag, but has issues outside, this is usually down to some sort of interference from either the environment or something else. Usually if you can get bluetooth devices to work fine in one environment and not in the other, then something is interfering with the signal from your source device to your earphones.

Try turning your wifi off when outdoors. Usually phones which have wifi on, but not connected to any wifi network, will try to continually search for networks, this can cause signal interference with bluetooth.

Check also your apps, apps that need to sync a lot or use GPS even in the background will run interference. I would recommend as a control test to simply turn off mobile data and gps and then go out and see if you still get the same problem with your earphones. You may also want to turn off anonymous reporting in your android setting.

Along with the above suggestions, you may want to remove any case you might have on the phone to see if that changes anything.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #45 of 85
I am done with my review, i hope its okay!!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-blu-100-bluetooth-iems/reviews/13294

Users who are viewing this thread

Back