BrainWavz Alpha or SoundMagic PL11 ?
Jun 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cloud-S

New Head-Fier
Which is better between the brainwavz Alpha (not pro), and soundmagic PL11 ?
Almost the same in quality or is there some considerable difference? SM has better accessories. What would you prefer??

Jun 18, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
For about US$14~16, alpha Brainwavz is in the same line of fire as the SoundMAGIC PL11 and PL20. PL20 is good on detail but lean on bass while PL11 is more bass oriented. Both has better soundstage and detail than alpha. However, alpha has better bass performance and sweeter vocal. SQ wise, I consider them to be just about the same. It is definitely one for the basshead with small budget.

This is what clieos states. I have the feeling that alpha have better sound but i never tested them.

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 8
PL11 offers a little more balance in SQ. If you have no obvious preference of what kind of sound you are looking for, PL11 is probably the safer choice between the two.

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
So very nice to see such a true heavyweight chipping in, no matter what the level. An example for us all :)

Thank you dgriffter, very kind of you.
cool.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #8 of 8
Didn't mean to necro an old thread but just got the Soundmagic PL11 earlier this year and wow so much bass for so small money lol Black Sabbath, Led Zep and Deep Purple? Oh ya! Been using them as my 24/7 in transit IEMs and for something cheap they are rather comfy (for me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back