BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #1,126 of 1,701
true your personal results cannot not be generalized but data is still data : knowing that you cannot differentiate spring1 from spring2 in a blind test, is a data point that alone is not very significant but if the next 3 or 4 reviewers cannot either differentiate them, there is a high probability i will not either and therefore i should not think about upgrading from my spring1 to spring2

Did you perform the grill mod on your Spring 1 by the way? Mine was not modded so I would imagine the blind test would probably be a lot more interesting between a grill modded Spring 1 vs Spring 2. Anyways, someone will probably measure the Spring 2 soon so maybe you could wait until then and compare the FR graphs: that is likely more conclusive than anything I have to say.

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #1,127 of 1,701
I decided to skip the spring 2 since the configuration is only slightly different than the spring 1.

Honestly, it's odd how some chifi companies would call this a brand new version while some, like KZ or TFZ perhaps, would just do this upgrade/retuning and continue selling it as the spring 1.

Come on BQ6!

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #1,128 of 1,701
Honestly, it's odd how some chifi companies would call this a brand new version while some, like KZ or TFZ perhaps, would just do this upgrade/retuning and continue selling it as the spring 1.

Come on BQ6!

So true! KZ would quietly revise that without even batting an eye.

I’m with you on the BQ6. Bring it on BQEYZ!

Jun 16, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #1,129 of 1,701
Did you perform the grill mod on your Spring 1 by the way? Mine was not modded so I would imagine the blind test would probably be a lot more interesting between a grill modded Spring 1 vs Spring 2. Anyways, someone will probably measure the Spring 2 soon so maybe you could wait until then and compare the FR graphs: that is likely more conclusive than anything I have to say.
yes i tried the grill mod but did not like the sound it was too harsh, i put the grill back.

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #1,130 of 1,701
yes i tried the grill mod but did not like the sound it was too harsh, i put the grill back.

Did you find the unmodded Spring 1 to be bright at all? I never found it to be bright or harsh and I use it at work almost daily.

Two days after using Spring 2, I can tell you it’s certainly brighter than Spring 1 but not by a whole lot imo: I can tolerate brighter IEMs than the Spring 2. My guess is the brightness of Spring 2 is probably somewhere in between a grill modded Spring 1 vs an unmodded one. I have noticed people noting drastic differences after the mod for Spring 1 so this is my best guess. I don’t plan on modding the Spring 1 to find out because I like it the way it is :)

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,134 of 1,701
The BQ3s are terrible, on vocals. Tried two units, from two vendors, same results for both

A more accurate car analogy would be to read the HP and Torque at the flywheel. On paper the Dodge Charger Hellcat sounds like a performance vehicle. The truth is, the Hellcat is a beast at the track; it's kryptonite is a windy street. But you wouldn't know about the day to day struggles, without someone actually test driving the car.
I do not like the BQ3 at all. Far too bassy and dark.

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #1,135 of 1,701
One year later, has that changed our remained the same?

Still there on my best $50 IEM category. Together with kz ZSX, TRN BA5, Jade Audio EA3, etc. I like KB100 forwarded and detailed mids completed by great imaging. The Spring 1 (and 2 probably - yet to come) is spiritual successor of KB100 with great mids and great technicalities.
My Spring 2 is somewhere in the sea currently. It will take longer than usual i think.

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #1,136 of 1,701
Which are the other four?

Of the stuff that I own, IMO, based on my sonic preferences, my genres, fit, build quality, and/or bang for the buck:

Audiosense T800
Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 (v1 beryllium)
Blon BL-03 (modded)
Tin Audio T2

Top 6-10:
Blon Cardinal
Toneking NineTail
KZ ZS7
iBasso IT01
Sony MH755 (modded)

There’s plenty of stuff I don’t own or have never heard. So take my list for a grain of salt. I’m just 1 person.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,137 of 1,701
Of the stuff that I own, IMO, based on my sonic preferences, my genres, fit, build quality, and/or bang for the buck:

Audiosense T800
Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 (v1 beryllium)
Blon BL-03 (modded)
Tin Audio T2

Top 6-10:
Blon Cardinal
Toneking NineTail
KZ ZS7
iBasso IT01
Sony MH755 (modded)

There’s plenty of stuff I don’t own or have never heard. So take my list for a grain of salt. I’m just 1 person.

You are worth 100 person.

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,140 of 1,701
I ordered a Spring 2 during the 0618 sale, and just got notification that my shipment made it past customs and is in transit within my country. So, I hopefully should be able to offer some initial thoughts on Spring 2 this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back