BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #316 of 1,701
So I decided to measure the BQEYZ stock cables. Heres what I found.

BQEYZ 4 core 3.5 w/mic R- 0.790 R+ 0.815 L - 0.926 L+ 0.870
BQEYZ 4 core 3.5 R- 0.760 R+ 0.737 L- 0.762 L+ 0.870

Also interestingly enough I found that the negative/grnd pin to be opposite of other manufacturers like KZ. KZ for instance has the bottom pin as the negative/grnd. BQEYZ uses the top pin. Im not sure if its been mentioned before but that means that 3rd party cables need to be reformed the opposite way(with a hair dryer) or have the ear guides removed so that they can be plugged in the correct way.

Anyway if Im wrong about this @Slater or somebody can let me know, and I will delete this.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #317 of 1,701
So I decided to measure the BQEYZ stock cables. Heres what I found.

BQEYZ 4 core 3.5 w/mic R- 0.790 R+ 0.815 L - 0.926 L+ 0.870
BQEYZ 4 core 3.5 R- 0.760 R+ 0.737 L- 0.762 L+ 0.870

Also interestingly enough I found that the negative/grnd pin to be opposite of other manufacturers like KZ. KZ for instance has the bottom pin as the negative/grnd. BQEYZ uses the top pin. Im not sure if its been mentioned before but that means that 3rd party cables need to be reformed the opposite way(with a hair dryer) or have the ear guides removed so that they can be plugged in the correct way.

Anyway if Im wrong about this @Slater or somebody can let me know, and I will delete this.

You are correct; BQEYZ is the opposite pin design of KZ, TRN, and others.

If you don’t want to reform the earguides, an alternate option is to pop open the shell and flip the 2-pin socket 180 degrees.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #318 of 1,701
You are correct; BQEYZ is the opposite pin design of KZ, TRN, and others.

If you don’t want to reform the earguides, an alternate option is to pop open the shell and flip the 2-pin socket 180 degrees.
Thanks for confirming for me. I am still learning and sometimes lack confidence.

How easy is it to open the shells? I think its easier to just cut the forms off personally, but to each their own. Also I honestly believe the stock cable to be actually really light and comfortable.

Jun 17, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #319 of 1,701
Thanks for confirming for me. I am still learning and sometimes lack confidence.

How easy is it to open the shells? I think its easier to just cut the forms off personally, but to each their own. Also I honestly believe the stock cable to be actually really light and comfortable.

I’ve only ever opened the K2, and it wasn’t too bad. Obviously it’s not as easy to remove as IEMs with screw-on backs (ZS6, ZS7, ZSN, ZS10 Pro, etc).

It’s also a good idea to re-glue it when done so it stays on securely.

Like you said though, it may be easier to just cut off the ear guides. Then you can turn the cable any way you want. I remove the ear guides on almost all of my cables, so it’s easy for me to use them on all of my IEMs

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #320 of 1,701
The figure I’ve seen thrown around in this thread is $100
It'd be a great face off between Bqeyz and Tin Hifi planars. Both aggressively priced ~$100. If there's any brand in Chi-Fi I'd take a gamble with it'd be Bqeyz.

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #321 of 1,701
We welcome BQEYZ here.

Every single one of their offerings has consistently been good, and they offer a variety of sound tunings (so that pretty much everyone can find one they like).
I remember someone saying a while back that the different BQEYZ models/earphones all sound the "same". Thanks for clarifying that they dont.

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #322 of 1,701
Bqeyz has a very limited set of offerings at the moment. If it's any help the Kc2 are the cheapest I found on AliExpress. Going for around 35 USD. That is there if you like a cold sounding iem.
I should have mentioned I prefer warm, natural sounding but fun and lively iems. Not cold ones. :frowning2:

Why do some people like to make their ears feel like they're drinking a cold beer?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #323 of 1,701
I should have mentioned I prefer warm, natural sounding but fun and lively iems. Not cold ones. :frowning2:

Why do some people like to make their ears feel like they're drinking a cold beer?

Actually, you do already own what you are looking for. Unless you want something that images better, then it makes your search worthy, and the kb100 worthy as well in that list. The zs7 ticks a lot boxes.
Also I will admit the zs7 bass is still more "fun" than the kb100. On the naturalness, zs7 is not a very strong contender.

Also I love a cold sound once a while (the tin T2) it still amazes me with its super sparkly treble and presentation.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #326 of 1,701
Just picked up a pair of the BQ3 for under $36 Prime free shipping at Amazon, thanks to the $10 coupon applied at checkout:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7FK51B/

Not a bad price for US customers wanting to get it quickly.

upload_2019-6-28_13-48-40.png

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #328 of 1,701
Yea. That's a steal honestly. Peeps should get in on that, if they don't already have one.

My KB1 has been a couple hundred miles away for 4 days now. Should have it anytime to compare to BQ3 and KC2.

Yup, I put in an order. I have the KC2 and really dig them, and have been interested in the BQ3 for a while and couldn’t pass up this deal.

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #329 of 1,701
Been listening to kc2 all day yesterday and all day today. Female vocals and Jazz with some good old fashioned rock and roll here and there. Really good signature.

Will be interested on your take of the BQ3. Took me awhile to warm up to them, but love them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back