BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 25, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #211 of 1,701
Are the kb1 and kb100 two different iems?

different, they use same shell but coated with different paint color. but tuning is different. KB100 has more forwards mids. Its an exclusive item made for Penon audio, just like KZ ZS7 thing.
Its not on for sale on every store

May 25, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #214 of 1,701
Just eqed my zs7 to the kb100 frequency response in equalizer app. And you are absolutely right! Its a 10/10 match with the tonality I was looking for.
Is this the new way to try an iem before you buy? This is possible? Can one iem mimic the sound of another via an equalizer app?

Why not just change the sound in an equalizer and listen without buying more iems?

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #215 of 1,701
KB 100 is totally worth your monies. @gourab1995 although I don't have T2 or ZS7 or KC2 to compare with, I can safely say that KB100 won't disappoint you. They work well for all genres and never ever you'd feel it's a Chi-Fi IEM. Wide bore tips accentuate their stage and make mids more robust. I'd get KC2 when it'll be on sale as it's very similar to KB100. Since I'm from a coastal city managing BAs is a pain. Intend to use them in 2-3 months of winter.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #216 of 1,701
Lol. I doubt the KB100 will ever go on sale. It's only being sold by one person. Penon Audio.

Yeah looks like I'm gonna wait till the 11.11 sale. By then, a KZ "ZS12" might be out. Till then I shall be content with what I have.

Is this the new way to try an iem before you buy? This is possible? Can one iem mimic the sound of another via an equalizer app?

Why not just change the sound in an equalizer and listen without buying more iems?

Like I mentioned before it does not truly give out the sound of the iem I am mimicking. This is confirmed when I tune the zs7 and tin T2 to sound like the Kc2 via eq. They sound very similar but far from same, their respective technical abilities make all the difference.

It will although give a good idea of how much bass is present, how forward the mids are and how strident or recessed the highs (basically the overall presentation in terms of frequency response only) are and that's about it.

Also it depends on how well the iem respond to eq. The ZS7 responds to an eq very well, so I like to carry out the comparison from the ZS7 as source.

KB 100 is totally worth your monies. @gourab1995 although I don't have T2 or ZS7 or KC2 to compare with, I can safely say that KB100 won't disappoint you. They work well for all genres and never ever you'd feel it's a Chi-Fi IEM. Wide bore tips accentuate their stage and make mids more robust. I'd get KC2 when it'll be on sale as it's very similar to KB100. Since I'm from a coastal city managing BAs is a pain. Intend to use them in 2-3 months of winter.

I will also put up the frequency graph for k2 in equalizer apo and check out the difference from the kb100's eq.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #217 of 1,701
Just created the eq going from zs7 to k2. Immediate difference from zs7 is again a more balanced presentation. Still a v shape. Although I notice the mid bass more than the sub bass this time. The highs are a little leaner. Mids are still a bit Recessed. But not as much as the zs7.

It's almost like some one took sandpaper and sanded the frequency response of the ZS7 from the top and made it moderately aggressive in bass with less obscure high frequencies, thus making the mids slightly more visible. Giving it a smoother sound. If I had to put it simply: Better for the purpose of listening to music. Although zs7 might be better still for musicians. This time while tuning, K2 was closer to the zs7 than to the Tin T2. Unlike kb100 which is closer to the Tin T2.

Going from the k2 to the kb100. I still love the kb100s presentation more because of the prominent sub bass presence (more like a lack of mid bass in the kb100). Also mids are highlighted better on the kb100 while not sounding too forward. Highs are pretty similar. A tad bit aggressive on the K2 giving a drier presentation in the kb100.

Like @Dani157 said you'd never feel it's a Chifi iem. The highs on all the three bqeyz iems compared are excellent.

That said I'm sticking with my decision to get the kb100. Because of the forward mids and that perfect balance between the low and middle frequencies. And just that its 10/10 a match with my desired sound profile. Thank you again to all the people who have contributed to helping me decide.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #219 of 1,701
Wow. Wake up and see a lot of movement in this thread. Nice to see. BQEYZ really has me excited for chifi. I think Im also going to have to buy the KB100. Anyone have a comparison to c10? I would expect it to be overall better, but was wondering if it was a great allrounder like the c10 is.

I have both, they're have mid bass bleed like other budget chifi, but in KB100 they have more control. Seems like tighter but not by much. Mids are where KB100 really shines above C10, clearer, more forward. C10 not as harsh as previous KZs, but KB100 are smoother in every way. Soundstage maybe C10 are not left behind but talking about precise imaging, KB100 have really precise great imaging, 1 of their best advantage for me.

Edit : oh yeah, KB100 can be a good all rounder too.

May 25, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #220 of 1,701
Wow. Wake up and see a lot of movement in this thread. Nice to see. BQEYZ really has me excited for chifi. I think Im also going to have to buy the KB100. Anyone have a comparison to c10? I would expect it to be overall better, but was wondering if it was a great allrounder like the c10 is.

Yep better than c10. KB100 just handle everything you throw at it. From Indian classical to jazz to metal to pop just about everything. Never ever they sound obnoxious. C10 is smooth but kb100 is a step up especially in the lower region. Midbass is where it trumps C10 and thus overall a better performer.

Edit - Agree with @DynamicEars view here

May 25, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #222 of 1,701
I bought the Moondrop Crescent instead of the KB100 as I already have too many earphones that probably sound similar. Even though the KB100 is no doubt better by a large margin. I'll buy it another time or wait until their new models come out.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #223 of 1,701
I have both the T2 and the KB100, and I can confirm that the K100 is basically an upgraded T2. And of top of that, it’s better built, from the cable to the shells and specially their MMCX connectors, which are the weak points of the T2.

Yeah, KB100 is the best bang for the buck in ChiFi under $50. I like the sound signature better than T2. Clean sound, tight bass, great mids, nice treble, solid build.

The cable is crap because a blind person made the ear guides, but that’s easily remedied with a different cable.

D38D5ED9-6622-48B4-98D8-3A3FAFA1ACC6.jpeg

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #224 of 1,701
Yeah, KB100 is the best bang for the buck in ChiFi under $50. I like the sound signature better than T2. Clean sound, tight bass, great mids, nice treble, solid build.

The cable is crap because a blind person made the ear guides, but that’s easily remedied with a different cable.

My KB100 cable was fine, but my
BQEYZ BQ3 cable ear guides came both formed the wrong direction, but it was an easy fix with a blow dryer and now it’s fine, I also have a couple cables that I bought off AliExpress that fit great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back