BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 4, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #181 of 1,701
The KB100 is a special edition made exclusively for Penon Audio, so no other seller is going to be able to sell it (at least not officially).
Wow, Penon must have a lot of pull in the IEM world. An exclusive edition? I didnt realize Penon Audio was that powerful to get a manufacturer to do that or maybe they were best friends...already.

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #184 of 1,701
True but the size of the company Massdrop is huge. I'm assuming Penon is a small mom and pop shop.
The people at Penon have a lot of contacts within the Chinese headphone industry, I don't know how big they are, but they have a lot of products in their inventory, and I don't think this is the only exclusive they have done.

May 6, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #185 of 1,701
Probably not so much about size in number of employees but more about volume of sales. I'd say Penon does a huge amount of business. If they sell a couple hundred every time something new gets released (and that is probably pretty conservative) they likely have the attention of the makers.

May 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #187 of 1,701
Received my Bqeyz KB100 this week, after three days of playtime, these earphones are not the routine chifi stuff. It's USP is fatigue free listening. Smooth+almost balanced tone+timbre makes listening sessions quite fascinating. Balanced/Neutral signature lovers should definitely gives this a try. Treble is slightly mellowed with silver plated cable I got from penon as a free gift. Stock cable performs better those earhooks are a pain. I've been using them Spiral dots+my audio modded smartphone. They soundly totally V-shaped with stock ear tips. Tip rolling and vent taping allows tweaking SS to one's liking. Spiral dots elevate mid+soundstage considerably over stock tips and secure seal gives bass oomph and rumble.

Coming from CCA, KZ, and that under $20 piezo maniac these have a different feel to it. C10 seems closest in terms of signature and performance but KB100 beats it in the low end. Piezomainacs although sound more airy+have natural-esque mids than KB100. Zsn is a different beast and pound for pound it doesn't stand a chance against any one of the above listed IEMs. But I still love them to the bits because of the fun factor and the price to quality ratio. They're not perfect but enchanting.

Although these are my initial impressions and it may change after cable rolling as I might swap it for a cable with mic. Overall, for $50, it's punt worth taking. Don't how it fares against T2 or T2pro but BQEYZ is a brand which I will always have on my watchlist. They have something unique about them.

May 15, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #189 of 1,701
Haven't heard about any poop IEM from BQEYZ.

May 15, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #191 of 1,701
May 15, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #192 of 1,701
Received my Bqeyz KB100 this week, after three days of playtime, these earphones are not the routine chifi stuff. It's USP is fatigue free listening. Smooth+almost balanced tone+timbre makes listening sessions quite fascinating. Balanced/Neutral signature lovers should definitely gives this a try. Treble is slightly mellowed with silver plated cable I got from penon as a free gift. Stock cable performs better those earhooks are a pain. I've been using them Spiral dots+my audio modded smartphone. They soundly totally V-shaped with stock ear tips. Tip rolling and vent taping allows tweaking SS to one's liking. Spiral dots elevate mid+soundstage considerably over stock tips and secure seal gives bass oomph and rumble.

Coming from CCA, KZ, and that under $20 piezo maniac these have a different feel to it. C10 seems closest in terms of signature and performance but KB100 beats it in the low end. Piezomainacs although sound more airy+have natural-esque mids than KB100. Zsn is a different beast and pound for pound it doesn't stand a chance against any one of the above listed IEMs. But I still love them to the bits because of the fun factor and the price to quality ratio. They're not perfect but enchanting.

Although these are my initial impressions and it may change after cable rolling as I might swap it for a cable with mic. Overall, for $50, it's punt worth taking. Don't how it fares against T2 or T2pro but BQEYZ is a brand which I will always have on my watchlist. They have something unique about them.
I actually like the stock bqeyz cables. Very light and comfortable. No idea what they measure, but they sound fine.

How is the comfort of that model? Just curious as its a different shell then the 2 I have.

May 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #193 of 1,701
I actually like the stock bqeyz cables. Very light and comfortable. No idea what they measure, but they sound fine.

How is the comfort of that model? Just curious as its a different shell then the 2 I have.

They're light and comfortable. With ML spiral dots I get a perfect seal. The open vents play a critical role in ensuring how you get a seal. If sealing both holes, then it gets awkward initially but never painful. For my moderately sized ears, they're just fine.

May 17, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #194 of 1,701
Haven't heard about any poop IEM from BQEYZ.

Without giving away things I probably shouldn't, BQEYZ was an OEM for several other companies before they started selling under their own name. I know I have at least two products that were made by them and sold under other names. I think this gave them time to cut their teeth and any dogs they were going to release along the way probably got somebody else's name attached to them. Probably a smart way to do it as it makes you look like you hit a home run on your first at bat this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back