BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #1,188 of 1,701
My graph on Spring 2

This guy measurement is similar to crins from other IEM measurement and i like his works.

Someone said that the spring 2 sounded like in between Spring 1 orginal and mod. That appears to be true.
The original spring 1 tuning is great, but the mesh nylon damper under the grill made the other frequency especially upper mids tamed down and bass become too prominent and have dominance to other frequencies. And bass become bloated. They sounded veiled too. Mods version sounded much better for me but need to tame back upper mids a little with sponge.

Later on BQEYZ admit that the mesh nylon affected sounds too much. I had conversations with BQEYZ directly and give inputs to them.

Looks like the Spring 2 is how the Spring 1 meant to be. Still i wished that they reduce the mid bass a little and give oomph on sub bass a little. But i cant comment any further as i havent receive my Spring 2 yet.

This is the comparison graph from yorosello on Spring 2 (top), Spring 1 (middle) by crinacle and Spring 1 mod (bottom) also by crinacle.
Yorosello have similar rig with crin and his measurements seems similar with crin from comparison on other IEMs like starfield and blessing 2.

IMG_20200716_080631.jpg

Oh and about 8khz spike, i heard them but not too sibilant. They are more like soft tizziness im Spring 1. I guess they still have peak on 8khz but that one produced by piezo so more smooth not like BA peak.

Jul 15, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #1,190 of 1,701
Ugh, those 10khz dips.. Why do so many companies do that? There’s no air. I don’t find it compensated by ear canal resonance if that’s the reason for it.

With piezo seems like you need tame down high freqeuencies, they sounded "more" that they look as in you are watching BA graphs. Spring 1, NX7 pro, A6 mini, and DeeTeeSix and the pro have similar behavior. Tune them like BA, they are go wild (NX7 pro).
Plenty of air with Spring 1 actually and i believe with Spring 2 too

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #1,191 of 1,701
Maybe not lacking air so much in the case of the above graphs, but with such a steep drop the treble could have coherency issues. Fortunately, the boost before the drop isn’t huge. It also helps that it doesn’t have a huge spike after the drop like Etys for example, even with a deep fit.

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #1,194 of 1,701
Does anyone have any suggestion as to which iem you want me to compare the Spring 2 with? LZ A6 is one, but I cant think of any other iem with the same signature as it has.

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #1,198 of 1,701
Does anyone have any suggestion as to which iem you want me to compare the Spring 2 with? LZ A6 is one, but I cant think of any other iem with the same signature as it has.

B2s and P1s please, better if they are complimentary rather than identical to what you're reviewing (and they're both on my "list") :)

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #1,199 of 1,701
B2s and P1s please, better if they are complimentary rather than identical to what you're reviewing (and they're both on my "list") :)
What a coincidence, I am actually comparing the B2 and S2 now :joy:

I am using EQ with P1 though, do you still want that comparison? (EQ settings in my database)

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #1,200 of 1,701
What a coincidence, I am actually comparing the B2 and S2 now :joy:

I am using EQ with P1 though, do you still want that comparison? (EQ settings in my database)
EQd is fine - I will use my imagination / the same settings if I get it. TY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back