Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #2,748 of 2,912
Based on the name alone... If this headphone takes everything great about the P7 and combines it with everything great about the PX... This could be really special.

Think it’s just a rebranding thing. Saw that they have plastic/carbon arms, not fan of that. Hope they update the app, also for PX users, with more functionality.

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #2,750 of 2,912
Think it’s just a rebranding thing. Saw that they have plastic/carbon arms, not fan of that. Hope they update the app, also for PX users, with more functionality.

Well they also announced the PX5, which appears to be an on-ear wireless/ANC version of the P5's. Not saying they sound the same, but they've replaced the P5 with the PX5 on their site. This leads me to believe the PX7 could be wireless/ANC like the PX but sound more like the P7.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #2,751 of 2,912
I wouldn't lump carbon fiber (they're specifically referring to the same stuff used in sports cars) and "plastic" commonly used in headphones, in the same category. Real carbon fiber is stronger than steel and far lighter. It's also a more costly than steel. I don't think this is a re-brand they are trying to cheap out on. I think they received tons of feedback on the weight of the headphones and related stability, so they re-engineered them, whilst still using premium materials. Same with the earcups/earpads. There is a more traditional design that is likely more comfortable than the PX is (which were not that comfortable for me and many others). I ended up returning them becuase weight, stability, and comfort were issues for me, even though they sounded damn good (ANC off).

Well they also announced the PX5, which appears to be an on-ear wireless/ANC version of the P5's. Not saying they sound the same, but they've replaced the P5 with the PX5 on their site. This leads me to believe the PX7 could be wireless/ANC like the PX but sound more like the P7.
I think you're probably right. They updated the earcups/earpads to a more traditional design with thicker padding, which was an issue with the PX. The cup design also appears to be more along the lines of what the 1000XM3 shape is. Hopefully, this time around they sound better with ANC on.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #2,754 of 2,912
iu
I own PX, and I hope these will be a bit more powerful, with a bit more bass. As for looks I prefer the PX.

I agree from the pics my PX looks less bulky. I go for sound every time over looks. Of course there was a time when I had AKG k1000’s. So I’ve ‘jumped the shark” on looking good with headphones on :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #2,755 of 2,912
And here I am just bought the px 1 week ago :triportsad:

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #2,756 of 2,912
And here I am just bought the px 1 week ago :triportsad:
Can't you just return it since it's just a week ago?

Though frankly speaking, I'm not liking the new look of PX7, looks more bulbous but I'll reserve judgement till I see it in person. Though, I do like the usage of carbon fiber in place of aluminium.

So the new cans have a larger driver than the PX? How big are the PXs again?

Sep 21, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #2,758 of 2,912
Can't you just return it since it's just a week ago?

Though frankly speaking, I'm not liking the new look of PX7, looks more bulbous but I'll reserve judgement till I see it in person. Though, I do like the usage of carbon fiber in place of aluminium.

So the new cans have a larger driver than the PX? How big are the PXs again?

I don’t have them sold officially where I live , i bought them while on a business trip abroad , after doing extensive research ,not only on the performance reviews , but also the customers feedback on Amazon to see if they have long term reliability issues as I won’t have the luxury of after sales services , so frankly speaking to the buy the newly released PX7 would be a high risk for me but I can’t help but feel a bit of buyers remorse after their announcement

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #2,759 of 2,912
I got my PX a month ago. While it always stings to have an updated model come right after you just got the previous one I'm not too sad about it. Looks-wise I much prefer the PX and I guess ill have to wait and see what the PX7 sounds like, but for now, I'm just gonna keep the PX.

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #2,760 of 2,912
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back