Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Jul 13, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,236 of 2,912
Well folks I had initially posted about an issue where sound stopped coming out of the left ear cup. That issue fixed itself after a couple of days but has since then resurfaced.

I love the sound of this thing, I love the looks of this thing but the software is just killing me.

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #2,237 of 2,912
Office, Street, Plane is the scaling of NC.
Voice/sound passtrough has a different option you need to set.
And I have it completly off, since it's idiotic for me.
I want my soundproof bubble while walking through the city, driving a bike or working.

Jul 13, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #2,238 of 2,912
I think the NC is the least good thing about the PX; fortunately it's one thing I don't really care about.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #2,239 of 2,912
No problem. One of the most enjoyable albums I have ever used for headphone listening is from Phutureprimitive, and it is called Sub-conscious. I would start there. Bandcamp has the full albums to preview in decent quality and available as Flac, ALAC, or MP3 if you like it and you download any album you buy numerous times plus use their streaming app so if you don't use Bandcamp (but I suspect that you do) it is worth checking.
Sub Conscious is incredible, I immediately listened to their second album Kinetic and was hugely disappointed. Too much dubstep for my taste.
Currently listening to Rainforest Reverberation by Bluetech with the morning coffee outside in the sun.:ok_hand:

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #2,240 of 2,912
Sub Conscious is incredible, I immediately listened to their second album Kinetic and was hugely disappointed. Too much dubstep for my taste.
Currently listening to Rainforest Reverberation by Bluetech with the morning coffee outside in the sun.:ok_hand:
Yes Sub Conscious is fantastic I agree, one of my favourites. Do try Pitch Black out and there is an Indo-Canadian Adham Shaikh who has put out some really interesting and headphone worthy world fusion electronica. The album Collective is worth checking out, but it isn't for everybody as there is an ethnic thing going on and I know not everybody groves to different ethnic sounds. Glad that you are enjoying some new tunes. I'm looking forward to visiting Germany someday.

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,241 of 2,912
I’m writing this not to refute or lessen any of the posts concerning the comfort (or lack thereof) of the PX, but simply as an example of how one can never be truly aware of a cans’ pro’s and cons until one has used them
I own a lot of headphones (not listed in my profile) and the P9 (which was my first B&W) is one that I love, especially when I’m in the mood for its particular sound. But I never use it when out as I simply find it too bulky.
I didn’t need yet another pair, but after reading about their intent with the Px, I ordered a pair for a reasonably good price. Also, I’m not overly interested in either wireless or nc, so I should be getting that much more from the battery using it cabled.
I did try the Bluetooth on my iPad Pro and it was impressive, but like I said, not really interested in it, primarily as I use two iPod classics to listen on-the-go.
So it arrives. I wasn’t overjoyed with the aesthetics, as the headband arches out a little too much from my head, but it lands just, barely, on the right side for me to get past that.
First evening using it I thought they sounded awful. I’ve never had cause to feel one way or the other about burning in as I’ve not experienced anything that I could attribute to that supposed process. However, the next day after a short break from listening, the sound was transformed, and nothing short of stunning. Two weeks further along I shake my head with wonder every time I listen. I’ve been using them out with my shanling M0 and it’s astonishing that such a sound quality is possible,.
But to my reason for posting - the comfort.
I hadn’t read any of this thread prior to buying but if I had it’s possible I wouldn’t have ordered a pair.
I can not fault the comfort in any way, and this really surprises me given the comments here and some of my previous experience with different headphones.
A few years back I had the Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium and loved the sound but couldn’t tolerate the grip on my head.
I tried the Sine and again thought the sound was amazing, but couldn’t wear them for more than say fifteen minutes. Just horrible, and I don’t understand why Audeze never released some different earpads. I say that as I bought a pair of beyerdynamic dt1350 and again, the pressure on my ears was unbearable. But after reading up on them I ordered the T51 earpads, and just like that, solved!
So I have often fallen in line with a lot of folks feelings re comfort of various cans.
But definitely not the Px. They are just right in every respect. Seeing the headband with the curved underside I thought it might be a problem but no.
They fit so well on my head and even after a couple of hours I’m still okay.
I don’t doubt for a second that for many they are problematic, but for me it is simply an example of just how individual this experience can be.
This is part of the joy of ordering from Amazon; I knew beforehand that if the cabled battery life didn’t match up to their claim of 50 hours, that I could return them. For others perhaps, they could order to check the comfort and fit.
But the sound quality is fantastic. Best portable pair I’ve ever owned.
Be well.

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #2,248 of 2,912
Yes Sub Conscious is fantastic I agree, one of my favourites. Do try Pitch Black out and there is an Indo-Canadian Adham Shaikh who has put out some really interesting and headphone worthy world fusion electronica. The album Collective is worth checking out, but it isn't for everybody as there is an ethnic thing going on and I know not everybody groves to different ethnic sounds. Glad that you are enjoying some new tunes. I'm looking forward to visiting Germany someday.
Will check them out.

We have a lot of nice electronic artists here:

And an absolute lounge classic (technically from Austria, but who cares):

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #2,249 of 2,912
Will check them out.

We have a lot of nice electronic artists here:

And an absolute lounge classic (technically from Austria, but who cares):

Going to check these out tonight once I have some down time and I can actually enjoy listening.

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,250 of 2,912
I'm confused by the LED on the PX.

I know that flashing green means charging and a solid green means that they are fully charged. But I'm stumped by some of the other colours.

When I take my PX off my head, it seems to be a solid dark blue which stops until I put the phones back on (or at least I'm guessing as I can't see it). But sometimes I get an alternating blue and light blue (aquamarine, teal) that I don't understand. Is this the PX looking for a device?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back