Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Dec 18, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,501 of 2,912
This might prove useful to others here - the devices I use with my PX are an LG V20, Macbook Pro, and Dell 7470. After I updated the PX's last I had an issue with the Dell producing static if I turned the volume up from anything other than the min on the side of the PX's. This has been driving me nuts and even resorted to a full factory reset and updated nearly every Dell/Intel/Realtek driver I could on my PC. Then I realized I was missing something I had originally downloaded to help my PX's connect.

I utilized the B&W Bluetooth Utility for the T7 to help my PX's connect originally and now it was nowhere to be found. I reinstalled the utility then plugged the PX in via USB. Then unplugged the PX's after trying to play audio via USB. Then went back to streaming via BT and problem solved....no more static!

Here's the link to the BT utility: http://bowersandwilkinsus.custhelp.com/app/home/p/117

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,502 of 2,912
Hi everyone...
I have had my PX wireless for a couple of weeks now. I noticed that my Pixel 2 misreports the battery level. It either shows 100% or 70%. The B&W app and BatON show correct levels. Has anyone else noticed this on Android?

The other thing is, the app sometimes asks me to upgrade to 1.066, although that is already on the headphones... Really odd. Only happens now and then.

Dec 18, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #1,503 of 2,912
I've been bothered by one really annoying "feature" of these headphones. If your wear sensor is disabled and you have no active audio sessions going, your headphones will essentially turn off after 2 minutes. (Technically, they go into "standby" as per the manual, but they'll only be able to come out of this mode with the wear sensor enabled.) With the wear sensor turned on, I believe the standby timer gets disabled until you take the headphones off, but the auto-resuming makes this feature too annoying to leave on for me. I've alleviated the problem by keeping Spotify open (which seems to trick the headphones into staying on) but I think this really needs to be a toggle in settings.

EDIT: Actually, the Spotify trick is no longer working for me. Hmm, this might be a dealbreaker, actually. What good are these headphones if I have to reconnect them every 2 minutes?

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,505 of 2,912
Hi everyone...
I have had my PX wireless for a couple of weeks now. I noticed that my Pixel 2 misreports the battery level. It either shows 100% or 70%. The B&W app and BatON show correct levels. Has anyone else noticed this on Android?

I see the same on the iPhone, must be an issue in the PX bluetooth implementation.

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,506 of 2,912
I contacted B&W about it and after going through the usual drill of resetting and reconnecting they told me to send them in for repair. A waste of time me thinks, this is either a firmware issue or the Bluetooth stack on the phone. Fingers crossed they will nail it in the next firmware...

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,508 of 2,912
I purchased B&W PXs from a local audio shop - they actually had them available for audition, unlike our local Best Buy. I compared them to Sony and Bose headphones. The B&W had, IMHO, the best sound. Comfort was ok - not as good as Sony or Bose, but the sound won.

I view ANC headphones as a compromise - they make it possible for me to listen to music where I otherwise could not. So, no, they aren’t as good as the Focal Clears that I auditioned, but I am happy with the PXs.

Dec 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,509 of 2,912
I'll chime in as well here. I'd been using the 1000xM2's for a week ($270 from Target after coupons etc) before nabbing the PXs from Amazon Warehouse for $240.

Sources - Astell&Kern AK300 (APTX HD), iPhone 7 (AAC), Macbook Pro Retina (APTX)

The difference was like switching from mono to stereo. The soundstage envelopes you in the PX versus the 1000xM2's narrow almost-tiny sound. The vocals are clear and a bit forward on the PX while sounding a bit recessed in the 1000xM2. I found myself turning up the volume on the 1000xM2 to compensate. This is with ANC disabled on both. With ANC enabled (max) on both, they are much closer, but the PXs still sound better.

The Sony's are definitely more comfortable but they do get hot after a bit. The PX do not get hot but do feel a bit sore after an extended session. Hot ears or sore jaw line - pick your poison (I'm hoping the PX's break in and get more comfy).

The ANC in the 1000xm2 is better but does cause a cabin/bubble feeling (your brain is telling you to pop your ears when you don't need to). The PX seems to allow enough noise in that it doesn't cause this effect for me.

I'll be returning the 1000xm2.

Dec 20, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,510 of 2,912
I'll chime in as well here. I'd been using the 1000xM2's for a week ($270 from Target after coupons etc) before nabbing the PXs from Amazon Warehouse for $240.

Sources - Astell&Kern AK300 (APTX HD), iPhone 7 (AAC), Macbook Pro Retina (APTX)

The difference was like switching from mono to stereo. The soundstage envelopes you in the PX versus the 1000xM2's narrow almost-tiny sound. The vocals are clear and a bit forward on the PX while sounding a bit recessed in the 1000xM2. I found myself turning up the volume on the 1000xM2 to compensate. This is with ANC disabled on both. With ANC enabled (max) on both, they are much closer, but the PXs still sound better.

The Sony's are definitely more comfortable but they do get hot after a bit. The PX do not get hot but do feel a bit sore after an extended session. Hot ears or sore jaw line - pick your poison (I'm hoping the PX's break in and get more comfy).

The ANC in the 1000xm2 is better but does cause a cabin/bubble feeling (your brain is telling you to pop your ears when you don't need to). The PX seems to allow enough noise in that it doesn't cause this effect for me.

Amazon warehouse for $240!!!!!! Dang what a steal! Congrats!

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #1,511 of 2,912
Amazon warehouse for $240!!!!!! Dang what a steal! Congrats!

Auditioned the 1000xm2 today. Much better sound than the PX, seriously.

Dec 21, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #1,514 of 2,912
Wow, I am surprised you think they sound better, not even close IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back