Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Dec 21, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,516 of 2,912
I do have 2 problems with these though, one the sensors are garbage and I had to turn off. Just turning my head or bending over on the least sensitive setting and the music stops almost everytime. Also, damn they are uncomfortable which is weird as the P7W were very comfortable. But the sound trumps all and they will be staying.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #1,518 of 2,912
I do have 2 problems with these though, one the sensors are garbage and I had to turn off. Just turning my head or bending over on the least sensitive setting and the music stops almost everytime. Also, damn they are uncomfortable which is weird as the P7W were very comfortable. But the sound trumps all and they will be staying.

Do you have it set to "Less" or "More"? The labeling is completely counterintuitive with the "More" setting being less sensitive. I've disabled it on mine and prefer to use the buttons.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,519 of 2,912
With the sensor off, do you get the problem of the headphones turning off when you pause your music for more than two minutes?

I haven't noticed yet, I rarely pause my music for that long.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,520 of 2,912
Do you have it set to "Less" or "More"? The labeling is completely counterintuitive with the "More" setting being less sensitive. I've disabled it on mine and prefer to use the buttons.
I had it on more, on middle setting they paused sitting still in a chair holding my breath!

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1,521 of 2,912
I haven't noticed yet, I rarely pause my music for that long.
Weird, I noticed immediately and find it insufferable. When the wear sensor is on, the headphones never go into standby while you’re actually wearing them. And if they’re already in standby, you’re able to wake them up and reconnect them to the last device simply by putting them on. Neither of these works with the sensor disabled. After pausing for 2 minutes, you’ll resume only to find your music blaring through your speakers. The only option is to power cycle the headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,522 of 2,912
I know I love that feature but the music pausing all the time is the worst. Maybe a FW update will resolve, fingers crossed.

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #1,523 of 2,912
I had problems with the wear sensor on a few occasions the first days. But now, a few weeks later I never have problems. Don’t know what’s different but it works perfectly for me now.
I use the medium setting.

I wonder how the sensor works? Where in the cup is the sensor? Is it detecting the distance to the ear or is it measuring something else like the air pressure?
Maybe the shape of your ears is affecting how sensitive it is? And how much movement there is in the jawline and ears when you tilt your head, opening your mouth and other movements?
It seems to work better for some people than others.

Dec 21, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #1,524 of 2,912
Does anyone have ran into the issue where after two minutes, while playing music, the PX just goes to standby? I had my wearing sensors set toe low sensitivity. Switching it off completely fixes it. But it is strange that somehow the music is playing and it goes to standby. Defective unit?

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #1,525 of 2,912
Hi everyone,
Really interested in these as a new pair of cans. I hope Tyll will post a review soon. Wonder how they compare to the new bose ( no aptx hd) and sony m2 version (which has aptx hd like the bowers).
My iphone does not have aptx hd so not sure how much it matters. I dont have a bluetooth noise canceller at this time. I want to try some at an apple store (are b&w sold there?) to see what the sq is like through ios...
Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back