Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #856 of 2,912
If you're not going to amp it, I think the PX will sound better than the P7.

There will be a battery icon on whatever device you're connected to.

As for battery, sounds more likely you'll wear out the headband before the battery.
I'll be using it wired 99.9% of the time so relying on the phones themselves for the battery levels. Also it seems the band on the PX looks more durable than the P7 design.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #857 of 2,912
I'll be using it wired 99.9% of the time so relying on the phones themselves for the battery levels. Also it seems the band on the PX looks more durable than the P7 design.
Why would you use these headphones 99% wired? I mean, you have so many more options of other headphones that are not bluetooth and probably offer better quality sound too.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #858 of 2,912
Why would you use these headphones 99% wired? I mean, you have so many more options of other headphones that are not bluetooth and probably offer better quality sound too.
Just a personal choice tbh. And I love the B&W sound quality/signature, and the build quality/design.

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #859 of 2,912
Just a personal choice tbh. And I love the B&W sound quality/signature, and the build quality/design.

There's always the P9 if you want the ultimate B&W experience without getting their 800 series speakers.

Also the PX can be wired via USB -C... that should bypass your computer soundcard and send the signal directly to the PX's internal dac/ amp.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #861 of 2,912
Haha I wish, it's a little out of my budget. Might have tried to stretch it if they had it in black!

I didn't like the color of the P9 at first, but the brown leather probably does a good job at matching the walnut finish of the Eames lounge recliner chair that one would be sitting in while enjoying the P9's. (I don't have P9's or an Eames lounge chair unfortunately)

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #862 of 2,912
I would like to know about the sound signature of this particular pair. How is it for classical/acoustic ? Because generally B&W is more bass oriented and lacks in treble but not sure about the PX.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #867 of 2,912
I am shocked Canada has them in stock before other countries lol
According to their website, Bay Bloor Radio doesn't have them in stock (listed as coming soon), although I haven't been in store to check. I'll try later this week. I can't find any other Canadian retailer that actually has them (Amazon.ca has them listen as shipping within 2-4 weeks. I wouldn't call that readily in stock).

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #868 of 2,912
According to their website, Bay Bloor Radio doesn't have them in stock (listed as coming soon), although I haven't been in store to check. I'll try later this week. I can't find any other Canadian retailer that actually has them (Amazon.ca has them listen as shipping within 2-4 weeks. I wouldn't call that readily in stock).
Yeah even though bbr says coming soon, you can call and ask if they have them in stock.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #870 of 2,912
Yeah even though bbr says coming soon, you can call and ask if they have them in stock.

Good to know. I just purchased off Amazon, although it seems that it will be some time before they'll arrive. I might pop into Bay-Bloor Radio to see if I can pick them up and cancel my Amazon order.

Interesting. I just received a notification on the app that new PX firmware is available literally 10 minutes ago.

Seems like all the inital reports were right. Firmware update at the beginning of November. Have you had a chance to test it out yet? Is the "Smart" features working more as intended? Anything else you notice off the bat?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back