Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 1, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #826 of 2,912
Hello,
I want to replace my plantronics backbeat pro and I'm hesitating between 2 headphones. Either the B&W PX or the B&O H6. I will use them only in the library, street, bus (not at home as I have a K712) so noise isolation is pretty important. I found a very good deal for the B&O H6 (new for only 169 £) and I can use them with my s7 and e17k, however it does not have active noise cancelling and bluetooth is quite convenient I must say. What do you think is the best deal in my case?

PS: I listen to classical/rock, I have glasses and comfort is really important

The isolation with the PX are excellent. In quiet environments like the library, you don't even need it. The bus maybe, but the street, if you have it loud enough, you don't hear anything around you. If you must have ANC then you can activate the OFFICE mode and that will work great. If you can afford the PX, I recommend them. I use mine on the subway, street and home. I only activate the ANC when I am on subway.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #833 of 2,912
My understanding is that these headphones cannot be used passively at all, so even if used exclusively wired without NC there must always be some battery charge. Can someone please confirm if this is for sure? Because that would be a dealbreaker for me.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #835 of 2,912
My understanding is that these headphones cannot be used passively at all, so even if used exclusively wired without NC there must always be some battery charge. Can someone please confirm if this is for sure? Because that would be a dealbreaker for me.
Yup. No big deal actually. You charge your phone everyday? You can charge your headphones once a week. You buy them for bluetooth connectivity right?

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #837 of 2,912
Yes, no sound without juice. Got confirmation from B&W.
Aww, that's a shame.

Yup. No big deal actually. You charge your phone everyday? You can charge your headphones once a week. You buy them for bluetooth connectivity right?
I'm going to be using them wired almost all of the time. My main reason for soncidering them was to upgrade my worn out P7 wireds. Might just get the P7 Wireless instead.

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #838 of 2,912
Aww, that's a shame.

I'm going to be using them wired almost all of the time. My main reason for soncidering them was to upgrade my worn out P7 wireds. Might just get the P7 Wireless instead.
Ahh. Makes sense. I have a little charge station near my front door where I charge everything and usually just use my headphones on the go outside of the house. Never wired actually lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back