Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 14, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,141 of 2,912
So you're saying your PX do not control the master volume on your phone? I was maxing the volume out on my phone and adjusting the level on the HP. It's just more convenient than to have to pull the phone out of my pocket to control the volume. Don't know if it's the better way to do it though.

On another note, after a factory reset of my phone, my jabra's once again control the phone volume but the PX do not.

Yes, the PX does not control any volume setting on my phone. Like you I just set the phone BT volume to max and control in on the headphones. Strange as my Soundlink does change the volume setting on my phone. Mind you it's a 3.5 year old HTC One M8 so rather old BT wise.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,142 of 2,912
Yes, the PX does not control any volume setting on my phone. Like you I just set the phone BT volume to max and control in on the headphones. Strange as my Soundlink does change the volume setting on my phone. Mind you it's a 3.5 year old HTC One M8 so rather old BT wise.

Just one of the inconsistencies of UX when using and Android. That being said, I still wouldn't go back to iOS. Just wish manufactures would make bettr use of the android API's.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,143 of 2,912
Well... I tried to update the firmware and now my PXs don't work.

Anyone have the link to the updated firmware so I can download and update via USB?

Unfortunately there is no desktop updater (yet). Did you hard reset it? volume down plus Bluetooth or the reset hole under the right earcup

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,144 of 2,912
It controls my PC volume when connected via USB but other than that the volume controls in bluetooth mode seem to be internal to the headphone.

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,145 of 2,912
It took 4 attempts for me to successfully update using the Android app, it kept giving an error during transfer. Once it fails the app will no longer prompt to update, instead suggesting the PC/Mac app, but if you clear the app data it lets you try again. Finally worked after disabling ANC and wear sensor and having the phone on charge throughout the process, not sure if that's actually required or just chance it worked that time.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,146 of 2,912
Mine updated flawlessly with my Galaxy S7 edge, however I can’t detect any improvements so far.

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #1,150 of 2,912
It took 4 attempts for me to successfully update using the Android app, it kept giving an error during transfer. Once it fails the app will no longer prompt to update, instead suggesting the PC/Mac app, but if you clear the app data it lets you try again. Finally worked after disabling ANC and wear sensor and having the phone on charge throughout the process, not sure if that's actually required or just chance it worked that time.

I was hoping it would work the same way for me but when I cleared the app data and connected to the app it recognized my HP as having the new firmware and consequently did not give an option to update.

From the app cannot you perform a reset?

Tried that too. No luck.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #1,154 of 2,912
When I updated my firmware, I got a message saying it failed and to use the USB tool, after the update progress bar reached the end. I simply restarted the app and then it said "update successful" along with the new 1.062 version. So I assume the update happened and that failure message was just a false alarm?

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #1,155 of 2,912
When I updated my firmware, I got a message saying it failed and to use the USB tool, after the update progress bar reached the end. I simply restarted the app and then it said "update successful" along with the new 1.062 version. So I assume the update happened and that failure message was just a false alarm?

That's exactly what happened to me except I hear no audio now no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back