Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Nov 14, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,130 of 2,912
Nov 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #1,132 of 2,912
First post! Question for you guys. Does your PX control the master media volume on your device? I'm using an LG V30 and volume on the HP is controlled independently from the phone's media volume. I have a pair of Jabra Pulse for working out which control the volume on the phone when lowered or raised. I also auditioned a pair of WH-1000X which did not control the volume on the phone. I always find it's a hit and miss with this type of stuff on android. I had a Galaxy S8+ paired with a P7W and the volume on the HP controlled the level on the phone.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,135 of 2,912
First post! Question for you guys. Does your PX control the master media volume on your device? I'm using an LG V30 and volume on the HP is controlled independently from the phone's media volume. I have a pair of Jabra Pulse for working out which control the volume on the phone when lowered or raised. I also auditioned a pair of WH-1000X which did not control the volume on the phone. I always find it's a hit and miss with this type of stuff on android. I had a Galaxy S8+ paired with a P7W and the volume on the HP controlled the level on the phone.

I was a bit puzzled by this as most BT speaker controls control the master volume setting on the playback device. On the PXs I was a bit underwhelmed at first at the lack of volume with it maxed out on my phone until I realized it would go louder using the controls on the headphones.

Is it better to have the master volume on the playback device maxed out and then use the PX volume controls to set to a suitable level?

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #1,136 of 2,912
I was a bit puzzled by this as most BT speaker controls control the master volume setting on the playback device. On the PXs I was a bit underwhelmed at first at the lack of volume with it maxed out on my phone until I realized it would go louder using the controls on the headphones.

Is it better to have the master volume on the playback device maxed out and then use the PX volume controls to set to a suitable level?
On iOS the volume on my iPhone 7 is the same as the volume buttons on the PX.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #1,137 of 2,912

So you're saying your PX do not control the master volume on your phone? I was maxing the volume out on my phone and adjusting the level on the HP. It's just more convenient than to have to pull the phone out of my pocket to control the volume. Don't know if it's the better way to do it though.

On another note, after a factory reset of my phone, my jabra's once again control the phone volume but the PX do not.

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,139 of 2,912

I go with full volume source so I can better regulate the playback volume with the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back