Bowers & Wilkins PX Noise-Cancelling Over-ears
Oct 30, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #781 of 2,912
Auditioned. The overall sound is distant, like in a large concert hall. Drums sound fine but the singers voice is far away down on the stage. Wouldn't spend on these, have the B&W signature sound changed with the new owners?

This is very similar to what I experienced with distant sound with the PX. I thought I might have had a bad pair (because there were other issues),

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #784 of 2,912
Does anyone know if a new firmware has been pushed down to these? Mine have suddenly broken :triportsad:

They were perfect up until yesterday (even the wear sensor), but then they suddenly switched off after a few minutes of listening. This morning, they are doing it constantly. Turning the power back on manually and pressing the play button on the headphones starts the music again each time.

I have charged the battery and reset the headphones via the app. I'll try a different source tonight, but interested to see if anyone else was suffering the same problem.

The app shows I am on version 1.052 and I have not knowingly updated.

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #785 of 2,912
Happened to me some time, same behavior, I noticed after the third reset that with the position sensor off it stopped misworking.
I contacted support that suggested sending them in for a check but I’m well into the 60 days “no question asked- money back” so I decided that if the upcoming firmware won’t solve this, they’ll go back.

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #786 of 2,912
Happened to me some time, same behavior, I noticed after the third reset that with the position sensor off it stopped misworking.
I contacted support that suggested sending them in for a check but I’m well into the 60 days “no question asked- money back” so I decided that if the upcoming firmware won’t solve this, they’ll go back.

Thanks. I'll give them a go with the wear sensor off later to see if that solves it.

It will be a shame if that is the cause and they don't sort it out. The wear sensor has been really good for me up until now and a real convenience on a wireless headphone that I put on for 20 minutes, take off for 5 minutes and then put on for another 10 minutes on my commute!

I guess I'll just have to go back to flicking the switch each time, no real hardship!

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #787 of 2,912
Thanks. I'll give them a go with the wear sensor off later to see if that solves it.

It will be a shame if that is the cause and they don't sort it out. The wear sensor has been really good for me up until now and a real convenience on a wireless headphone that I put on for 20 minutes, take off for 5 minutes and then put on for another 10 minutes on my commute!

I guess I'll just have to go back to flicking the switch each time, no real hardship!
Mine actually was stopping playing music and wasn't showing as a bluetooth receiver in the Music app, but was still on. When it did that, it happened many times in few min, and turning it off and on not always solved. These were the times I decided to reset it. After I got the sensor off, that didn’t happen anymore. Looks like yours has a similar behavior

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #788 of 2,912
Mine actually was stopping playing music and wasn't showing as a bluetooth receiver in the Music app, but was still on. When it did that, it happened many times in few min, and turning it off and on not always solved. These were the times I decided to reset it. After I got the sensor off, that didn’t happen anymore. Looks like yours has a similar behavior

How did you know it was still on, were there lights on the headphones? Mine appear to be off - no lights showing and pulling the power switch gives me the two 'jingles', one to indicate power on, one to indicate bluetooth pair.

One thing I noticed yesterday is that when I took the headphones off my head, the solid blue light would disappear after two minutes and be replaced with a white flashing light in standby. Today, once the blue light goes off, there is no flashing light but the headphones are clearly still in standby because the switch on automatically when I put them on my head. I am sure this is hiw it was before (i.e. no white flashing light in standby), but I can't be sure!

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #790 of 2,912
Yes, the first time I checked, I didn’t check for the light, but when I did, it was on. In fact I had to move the switch twice, to have them back working, and to hear the “connected” sound in them

Thanks for your help.

I have now turned the wear sensor off, and they have been connected and playing face down on my desk for the past 20 minutes and I couldn't get them to work for more than a couple of minutes at a time this morning.

I'll try them again with the wear sensor on, actually on my head at lunchtime to see if the various resets have had any effect, but otherwise I'll switch it off awaiting the new firmware. So strange that it suddenly started happening after weeks of reliable use.

Oct 31, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #793 of 2,912
Ah yeah, that's not reliable with that sensor on, but still reliable enough that most of the time it works.
Let me know if it keeps working now, mine does

I have just used them for an hour with the wear sensor back on and they have been perfect. I took them off about five times during that hour and each time the music paused when I expected and started again immediately I put them back on.

I am still not as confident as I was before about them, but I'll stay with them!

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #795 of 2,912
The PX is back in stock on the US B&W Site!

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headphones/Wireless-Headphones/Wireless-Headphones/px-headphones.html

Still torn between the PX and the Senn HD1 :thinking:
If you mean the HD1 over ear, I'd suggest going for the PX. The HD1 (same hardware as the Momentum 2.0) is nearing 3 years old iirc. They sound great, but have pretty poor connection from my experience. They use BT4.0 (pretty old technology now) and don't have an option to listen via BT with ANC off. To top it off, the ANC isn't very strong and can't be adjusted.

Their MSRP is 650 CAD compared to the PX which are 480 CAD. Unless the HD1 came down in price quite a bit (which they occasionally do), I'd go for the more futureproof PX or PXC550 if you're attached to Sennheiser.

The HD1 do have a great, warm sound signature, but it's not worth all the other shortcomings imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back