Bowers & Wilkins PI7
May 21, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #346 of 1,155
I am getting very anxious as I ordered the PI7 from Touch of Morden and it has been a month and no where in sight. They couldn't give me a straight answer on when it will be shipped and denied my request for canceling the order for a refund.

Any brothers here in the same boat? Is Touch of Morden legit?

May 22, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #347 of 1,155
I am getting very anxious as I ordered the PI7 from Touch of Morden and it has been a month and no where in sight. They couldn't give me a straight answer on when it will be shipped and denied my request for canceling the order for a refund.

Before ordering mine last week I called at several stores and asked them about stock. Retailers were supposed to get stock by mid-may so they were accepting orders. However, that date has since been changed to june at the last minute.

May 22, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #348 of 1,155

Yes they are legit. I looked them up before I ordered and they are an authorized online retailer for B&W.

I ordered mine from Touch of Modern on April 25th. It shipped May 10 and I got it May 14. They actually sent the PO to B&W a week after I ordered and when it had not shipped after another week, I reached out to them and they escalated it to their team. It shipped the next day directly from a Sound United warehouse in CA and took a while to get to me due to FedEx having to reprint a label and it stopping in 10 states on its way to me in NY. Took 3 weeks total and I enjoyed it for 3 days before sending it back to B&W this week (pretty sure I got one of the defective ones but not really Touch of Modern's fault). B&W did authorize my repair/replacement request under warranty. It looks like these have been selling out quickly so I think it is a supply issue to be honest. I keep seeing these go out of stock within a few days. Hope you get yours soon (still waiting for B&W to process my replacement).

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #349 of 1,155
Yes they are legit. I looked them up before I ordered and they are an authorized online retailer for B&W.

I ordered mine from Touch of Modern on April 25th. It shipped May 10 and I got it May 14. They actually sent the PO to B&W a week after I ordered and when it had not shipped after another week, I reached out to them and they escalated it to their team. It shipped the next day directly from a Sound United warehouse in CA and took a while to get to me due to FedEx having to reprint a label and it stopping in 10 states on its way to me in NY. Took 3 weeks total and I enjoyed it for 3 days before sending it back to B&W this week (pretty sure I got one of the defective ones but not really Touch of Modern's fault). B&W did authorize my repair/replacement request under warranty. It looks like these have been selling out quickly so I think it is a supply issue to be honest. I keep seeing these go out of stock within a few days. Hope you get yours soon (still waiting for B&W to process my replacement).
Bummer. I ordered on April 25th as well.......

May 25, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #351 of 1,155
I ordered mine from BestBuy and like two days later is was sold out so I imagine there is a lack of supply
Definitely! When I was looking to order a charcoal one around 10 days back, it was out of stock everywhere in the UK too except from Audio Sanctuary. So yes either these are selling tremendously well or retailers are getting very few units.

May 25, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #352 of 1,155
Definitely! When I was looking to order a charcoal one around 10 days back, it was out of stock everywhere in the UK too except from Audio Sanctuary. So yes either these are selling tremendously well or retailers are getting very few units.
Or both. They sell out pretty quickly on B&W's own site as well. Probably why my replacement is taking so long.

May 25, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #353 of 1,155
I realised what's the problem with these, once you put ANC it completely muddles everything which i honestly didn't expect at this price, boomy, tunnel sound with very artificial treble.
With ANC off it is way better and closer to what is expected, still, nowhere near a 200 dollar decent iem level of clarity and naturalness.
Whats worse is, whoever these official reviewers are, OMG, so full of crap🤣
Not a single one mentions anymore there is quite a sound difference b/n ANC On/Off, only one in fact said it was so much worst when off because bass dropped , oh dear.. At least he noticed something 😏

May 25, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #354 of 1,155
I realised what's the problem with these, once you put ANC it completely muddles everything which i honestly didn't expect at this price, boomy, tunnel sound with very artificial treble.
With ANC off it is way better and closer to what is expected, still, nowhere near a 200 dollar decent iem level of clarity and naturalness.
Not a single one mentions anymore there is quite a sound difference b/n ANC On/Off, only one in fact said it was so much worst when off because bass dropped , oh dear.. At least he noticed something 😏
I have not noticed anything you are describing. Actually I used to have a PX and I NEVER listened to music with ANC on because of how much worse it sounded to me, One of the first things that struck me when I tried the ANC on the Pi7 was that the sound hardly changes. All that is noticeable is a small bass boost when ANC is on.

May 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #355 of 1,155
I have not noticed anything you are describing. Actually I used to have a PX and I NEVER listened to music with ANC on because of how much worse it sounded to me, One of the first things that struck me when I tried the ANC on the Pi7 was that the sound hardly changes. All that is noticeable is a small bass boost when ANC is on.
I am on a Galaxy SE5g FE, it sounds bloated and tunnel like on a lot of tracks, occasionally really good on some, if you are on an Iphone thing's will be very different and even on another Android something like Dolby Atmos doesn't always help.
PX 7 had very similar tunnel like sound and an artificial soundstage too.
It is understandable that ANC have sound issues due to technology limitations, but it is disappointing to hear these changes with a clear click with a follow up of increase of bass for the worst, it is an inherent decease of most such products.
Sony wf-1000xm4 is the next hope but i doubt will get something different than another bloated bass set

May 25, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #356 of 1,155
I am on a Galaxy SE5g FE, it sounds bloated and tunnel like on a lot of tracks, occasionally really good on some, if you are on an Iphone thing's will be very different and even on another Android something like Dolby Atmos doesn't always help.
PX 7 had very similar tunnel like sound and an artificial soundstage too.
It is understandable that ANC have sound issues due to technology limitations, but it is disappointing to hear these changes with a clear click with a follow up of increase of bass for the worst, it is an inherent decease of most such products.
Sony wf-1000xm4 is the next hope but i doubt will get something different than another bloated bass set
I am on an Xperia 1 ii, have the PI7 since a bit and I cannot be happier. ANC for me does not change even a little the sound. And I would be happy if that would happen because I love to tune the bass up. Mine sound great and I cannot be happier. Still have some minor issues fixable with an upgrade.

Does your phone support APTX (HD or Adaptative)?, maybe you can try them streaming from the case to see if your sound source has some issues.

May 25, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #357 of 1,155
I am on an Xperia 1 ii, have the PI7 since a bit and I cannot be happier. ANC for me does not change even a little the sound. And I would be happy if that would happen because I love to tune the bass up. Mine sound great and I cannot be happier. Still have some minor issues fixable with an upgrade.

Does your phone support APTX (HD or Adaptative)?, maybe you can try them streaming from the case to see if your sound source has some issues.
Same experience as you with the Pi7 😁

May 25, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #359 of 1,155

Yes, aptx, there's an audible switch b/n on and off also when you press the auto anc on and off too

May 25, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #360 of 1,155
Yes, I immediately noticed a distinct difference between ANC off and on as soon as I received the PI7s. As you say, elevated bass and a bit of a tunnel effect, although I think the tunnel effect is just a part of the elevated upper bass. I found that different tips (spinfit or xelastec) improve the treble and open up the sound. I don't find the treble artificial with ANC on.

I always listen to them with ANC on but I use Wavelet to adjust the fr to my taste. Overall, I think the PI7s sound very good with ANC on or off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back