Bowers & Wilkins PI7
May 13, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #241 of 1,155
Thank you for that. Since I have to re-order anyway can you (or anyone :) ) comment on what size might be between the two offered in the box with the P17? Would it be a medium for SpinFit? The smaller of the two are ok but a bit loose. The larger is very large for my ears. I appreciate the help.
My pi7 came with three eartips in the box. The medium one that I used (the default eartips) would be a small with Spinfit 100 or 145.

May 13, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #242 of 1,155
Sounds like they are using a master/slave configuration when using both earbuds based on their response. If true, that would explain the faster battery drain on one side. Does seem strange and not the way I thought it would work though.
TWS with Samsung phones are most definitely using Master/Slave connections instead of tws+ connections to each ear buds. Samsung DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY PHONES supporting tws+ connections. It is a problem on Samsung's end.

May 13, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #243 of 1,155
TWS with Samsung phones are most definitely using Master/Slave connections instead of tws+ connections to each ear buds. Samsung DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY PHONES supporting tws+ connections. It is a problem on Samsung's end.
I don't know what phone @JamesAC (originally posted B&W's response) is using but I stopped using Samsung phones myself recently due to them dropping the headphone jack and not supporting aptX HD/adaptive (in favor of their propreitary Scalable codec). Currently using a LG V60 and OnePlus 8T but curious if B&W's response is specific to certain devices or if they are using master/slave when both earbuds are in use for all devices. While Samsung may not support TWS+, it does not necessarily mean non-Samsung phones will behave differently. I assume Apple devices likely have the same issue since I am guessing they don't use Qualcomm chips?

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #244 of 1,155
I don't know what phone @JamesAC (originally posted B&W's response) is using but I stopped using Samsung phones myself recently due to them dropping the headphone jack and not supporting aptX HD/adaptive or LDAC. Currently using a LG V60 and OnePlus 8T but curious if B&W's response is specific to certain devices or if they are using master/slave when both earbuds are in use for all devices. While Samsung may not support TWS+, it does not necessarily mean non-Samsung phones will behave differently. I assume Apple devices likely have the same issue since I am guessing they don't use Qualcomm chips?
Samsung phones Do support LDAC. You just have to activate it in the Bluetooth device setting.

May 13, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #245 of 1,155
I actually couldn’t get any of my spinfits to fit my ears outside of the large cp500 and large cp100. I’ll be using the stock tips for the time being.
Spinfits open up the sound nicely but they are too slippery for me. Try the final audio tips from audio 46. Similar to spin fits but with a grippier texture. I had to use a m and a l in the spinfits but the medium finals provided a perfect secure fit. Highly recommend.

May 13, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #246 of 1,155
Samsung phones Do support LDAC. You just have to activate it in the Bluetooth device setting.
Sorry yes i didnt mean to write LDAC. I edited my post. That doesnt change the point of my response to you though.

May 13, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #247 of 1,155
Spinfits open up the sound nicely but they are too slippery for me. Try the final audio tips from audio 46. Similar to spin fits but with a grippier texture. I had to use a m and a l in the spinfits but the medium finals provided a perfect secure fit. Highly recommend.
I was just looking at those Final Audio E tips (I have both M and L in my cart). I currently use CP100z M for Senn MTWs and L for MW07 Go. Have a few packs of the CP360 M/L but I never really liked them. Also use CP800 M on all my Shure IEMs. I was going to try the CP100z M (12.25mm wide x. 8.7mm deep) on the PI7 when they finally come tomorrow (knock on wood since I ordered 3 weeks ago and they finally made it to NJ from CA...next stop NY hopefully).

Audio46 measures the Final Audio E tips M at 9.5mm x 11 mm. Are they really that much narrower vs. Spinfits? If so, may order both M and L (L for my MW07 Go). Agree that Spinfits become very slippery over time and I went a size up to make sure my MW07 Go stay in my ears (use them for outdoor work, exercise, etc.).

May 13, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #248 of 1,155
I was just looking at those Final Audio E tips (I have both M and L in my cart). I currently use CP100z M for Senn MTWs and L for MW07 Go. Have a few packs of the CP360 M/L but I never really liked them. Also use CP800 M on all my Shure IEMs. I was going to try the CP100z M (12.25mm wide x. 8.7mm deep) on the PI7 when they finally come tomorrow (knock on wood since I ordered 3 weeks ago and they finally made it to NJ from CA...next stop NY hopefully).

Audio46 measures the Final Audio E tips M at 9.5mm x 11 mm. Are they really that much narrower vs. Spinfits? If so, may order both M and L (L for my MW07 Go). Agree that Spinfits become very slippery over time and I went a size up to make sure my MW07 Go stay in my ears (use them for outdoor work, exercise, etc.).
As best I can tell the final audios M are as least as big as the spinfits 360s M. Seem slightly bigger maybe. I was using a M and L spinfit but the M for the final audio worked better.

May 13, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #249 of 1,155
Neat, you can bypass AAC for apple Bluetooth and use whatever the case does for wireless via their usb and 3.5 wireless transmission tech. 6782F3DF-ADE2-43A3-ADD4-B19A8418DD77.jpegD4C83D4B-A87B-46C3-A2DD-6A7CC0E39CF5.jpeg

May 14, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #250 of 1,155
As best I can tell the final audios M are as least as big as the spinfits 360s M. Seem slightly bigger maybe. I was using a M and L spinfit but the M for the final audio worked better.
Got it. Thanks. May just order the M for now. Appreciate your help.

May 14, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #251 of 1,155
Neat, you can bypass AAC for apple Bluetooth and use whatever the case does for wireless via their usb and 3.5 wireless transmission tech.
Is it any better coming out of the Micro iDSD Signature?

May 14, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #252 of 1,155
Is it any better coming out of the Micro iDSD Signature?
Nah, it actually clips a little even at normal volume since the Sig puts out too much power even on low gain. IEMatch fixes it however. It’s fine off my sp400 desktop amp. Though it’s not easy to a/b test wireless vs desktop amp so I’m gonna say probably not a noticeable difference.

May 14, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #254 of 1,155
Just ordered an Xperia 1 ii, I’ll let you guys know how these sound driven from that vs the iPhone, and if it matches the case In SQ

Im going to order some spinfits for these, does anyone know which nozzle diameter to use? Thanks
well, grats. Just a couple of tips:

* Try out the app "USB Audio Player Pro" and in the config set it with the HiRes Audio Driver, then in the "Internal HiRes Driver audio" settings, check the "Use with Bluetooth output". And do not activate the "Dolby Audio" plugin of the xperia. You will get a bit more Volumen. You can activate "Bit Perfect" also if you use its Tidal Integration with MQA streams if you are a bit perfect fan.
* If you are going to stream from other sources (apps like Spotify/Tidal/etc), try out Dolby Audio and try the equalizer. That should also boost a bit the volume on the PI7.

I've been checking different audio codecs with the PI7 and you were right, APTX sounds way better than AAC. I also installed the SBC XQ Patch in my Linux computer just to try it out. SBC XQ is a patch to send bigger bitrates to SBC capable devices (almost everyone), this article speak about it http://soundexpert.org/articles/-/blogs/audio-quality-of-sbc-xq-bluetooth-audio-codec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back