Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #1,623 of 1,955
i hear the cracks when switching the songs (as the driver/windows is turning off audio when no music plays) and getting irritated by this only now. Would like better (software?) solution.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,624 of 1,955
Have you tried headphones with another player and the player with other headphones to see if is the headphones or the player as the cause?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #1,625 of 1,955
it's popping when startin and stopping song (not so annoying), on different players + mobile. seeking in song is painful but not always, right now it's not cracking, maybe need to discharge it a bit. when i do too much seeking, sound will get completelly choppy - need to restart. players fading function helps.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #1,628 of 1,955
I had these and was unhappy with functionality, I went back to wireless Sennheiser Momentum over ears, just as good sound. Now on sale at around £190, absolute bargain. I enjoy using these better than the P7. If you want a great wired over ear then try the Meze 99 classics, absolutely love these...

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,632 of 1,955
The biggest problem for me with the P7 was getting the correct fit over the ears. I personally found any movement altered the sound too much and was difficult to find a constant position while wearing them. Any head movement unsettled them.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #1,633 of 1,955
Anyone else able to compare these to the H6 2nd Gen sound wise? I’ve been considering replacing for a long time because I’ve never been so wishy washy about how I’ve felt towards any product I’ve purchased before. Like a 10 month period of being unable to decide if I love them or not. I know I like them, a good amount, but with all the options out there for $400ish closed headphones I’ve never been able to find the peace of mind.

I think the H6 has good sound quality but being kind of an ametuer I’m still uncertain if they’re for me. Some days I love them, other days “meh”. I think there’s just something missing in their sound for me. I’ve read some comparisons but I feel like there aren’t many considering how similar they seem. Are they more of the same? Or are they better quality? I got my H6 for a good price.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #1,634 of 1,955
Anyone else able to compare these to the H6 2nd Gen sound wise? I’ve been considering replacing for a long time because I’ve never been so wishy washy about how I’ve felt towards any product I’ve purchased before. Like a 10 month period of being unable to decide if I love them or not. I know I like them, a good amount, but with all the options out there for $400ish closed headphones I’ve never been able to find the peace of mind.

I think the H6 has good sound quality but being kind of an ametuer I’m still uncertain if they’re for me. Some days I love them, other days “meh”. I think there’s just something missing in their sound for me. I’ve read some comparisons but I feel like there aren’t many considering how similar they seem. Are they more of the same? Or are they better quality? I got my H6 for a good price.

I've had the H6 G2 and the WIRED P7. Here's what I found.

P7 has a more competent, refined overall sound. The bass is more emphasized and teeters on being boomy, but it is very immersive and powerful. Mids on P7 are fairly neutral, but bass and treble definitely overshadow them. Treble is tight and brilliant, never too sibilant. Build quality is much better than the H6 Gen 2, comfort is slightly worse.

H6 Gen 2 is much more low-key. The bass is sleepier and this headphone is much more rhythmically challenged. It is simply weak sounding in my opinion. The mids are also distant and indistinctive. Treble is not as good as the P7.

Pros/Cons:

P7
Pros: Immersive sound. Great build. Powerful bass.
Cons: Questionable comfort. Somewhat boomy bass.

H6 G2
Pros: Comfy. Warm sound.
Cons: Bass lacks command. Mids are yawn-y. Durability.

I personally prefer the P7 by quite a bit. P7 is more immersive, energetic, rhythmic sound. H6 is more relaxed sounding.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #1,635 of 1,955
I've had the H6 G2 and the WIRED P7. Here's what I found.

P7 has a more competent, refined overall sound. The bass is more emphasized and teeters on being boomy, but it is very immersive and powerful. Mids on P7 are fairly neutral, but bass and treble definitely overshadow them. Treble is tight and brilliant, never too sibilant. Build quality is much better than the H6 Gen 2, comfort is slightly worse.

H6 Gen 2 is much more low-key. The bass is sleepier and this headphone is much more rhythmically challenged. It is simply weak sounding in my opinion. The mids are also distant and indistinctive. Treble is not as good as the P7.

Pros/Cons:

P7
Pros: Immersive sound. Great build. Powerful bass.
Cons: Questionable comfort. Somewhat boomy bass.

H6 G2
Pros: Comfy. Warm sound.
Cons: Bass lacks command. Mids are yawn-y. Durability.

I personally prefer the P7 by quite a bit. P7 is more immersive, energetic, rhythmic sound. H6 is more relaxed sounding.
Thanks for your response. Not the answer I wanted to hear lol but I did ask, after all. Noting wrong with relaxed either, I tend to prefer something not too v shaped or bright, but I wouldn’t call them too relaxed or weak. I love the airy treble of the H6, and I like sound that isn’t in your face. And the cheapest I could get a P7 is $320 from B&W’s website, for a refurbished pair. That’s $70 more than I paid for my H6 which were brand new. Are they really $70 better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back