Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #1,591 of 1,955
Oh right. My confusion/concern lies with this: is there a wired only P7 that's currently being sold that is different to the original P7 that they stopped producing? Or if i order this am i safe in the knowledge that that's the one i'm getting?

Sorry for all the questions.
It's fulfilled by Amazon...if it's not as described..(or as you expect)...just return it. I picked up my P7 wireless in the Amazon warehouse for 300.

Bern

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,592 of 1,955
Are there any P7W users who have tried DSR9BT and WH1000XM3?
Been using P7W for a couple of years and I would like to look for something that's more comfortable and equal/better sounding. Also, P7W starts to hurt after a couple of hours. I do like quality bass and don't really care too much for noise cancelling feature but I wouldn't mind having it, either. Above all, SQ is most important.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #1,593 of 1,955
Are there any P7W users who have tried DSR9BT and WH1000XM3?
Been using P7W for a couple of years and I would like to look for something that's more comfortable and equal/better sounding. Also, P7W starts to hurt after a couple of hours. I do like quality bass and don't really care too much for noise cancelling feature but I wouldn't mind having it, either. Above all, SQ is most important.
My biggest complaint about the P7W is comfort. I do like their build, sound, and ease of use.
Bern

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #1,594 of 1,955
Your going to really struggle to best the soubd quality of the p7w from my research, they absolutely nailed it to my ears.

I am interested in the nura headphones however, whether they are better than the p7w I have no idea. Reviews sound promising, but if the reviews are from people who have never heard quality HP's it may bot mean much...

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,595 of 1,955
Your going to really struggle to best the soubd quality of the p7w from my research, they absolutely nailed it to my ears.
Yep, I've been through quite a few wireless headphones and the P7W's are still the best sounding to my ears. I've tried or owned the B&O H9's, B&W PX's, Audio Technica DSR9BT's, Sony WH1000MX2's, Bose 35II's, and I now own the Audeze Mobius. The sound quality of the P7W's is still my favorite.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,596 of 1,955
Yep, I've been through quite a few wireless headphones and the P7W's are still the best sounding to my ears. I've tried or owned the B&O H9's, B&W PX's, Audio Technica DSR9BT's, Sony WH1000MX2's, Bose 35II's, and I now own the Audeze Mobius. The sound quality of the P7W's is still my favorite.
Better than Mobius? Wow. I've owned both. Certainly very different sound signatures.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #1,597 of 1,955
Better than Mobius? Wow. I've owned both. Certainly very different sound signatures.
The Mobius sounds good but for music listening only I prefer the P7W

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,598 of 1,955
is anyone else getting a pain on the top of their head when listening to the P7's for long periods? for some reason it starts to develope a sore spot ontop of my head where the headband sits. maybe im doing this wrong? its the only headphone thats doing this to me :frowning2: not getting it with anything else after similar listening sessions.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,599 of 1,955
is anyone else getting a pain on the top of their head when listening to the P7's for long periods? for some reason it starts to develope a sore spot ontop of my head where the headband sits. maybe im doing this wrong? its the only headphone thats doing this to me :frowning2: not getting it with anything else after similar listening sessions.

Yep. This is the only thing they got wrong with these headphones. The headband comfort sucks.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,600 of 1,955
Yep. This is the only thing they got wrong with these headphones. The headband comfort sucks.
is there any way to fix it ? :S if its not possible i might need to sell them.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,601 of 1,955
is there any way to fix it ? :S if its not possible i might need to sell them.

Not that I’ve found. Sometimes I wear a baseball cap while listening, which reduces the pressure caused by the headband. I can’t believe the design made it through their testing process. The band needs to be wider and flatter. Beautifully made, functionally poor.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,602 of 1,955
Not that I’ve found. Sometimes I wear a baseball cap while listening, which reduces the pressure caused by the headband. I can’t believe the design made it through their testing process. The band needs to be wider and flatter. Beautifully made, functionally poor.
i'm gonna see if i could put some kind of silk rag and wrap it around the headband to give it more padding :frowning2:

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,603 of 1,955
Nov 6, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #1,605 of 1,955
Please do. I’d love to know if this solves the problem.
If you look more on that amazon site, they have some leather padded ones. but they're a bit more expensive. i might opt for that since its leather :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back