Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
May 18, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #1,576 of 1,955
I seem to have troubles clearing memory and entering pairing mode. My phone that was paired with p7 died and I'm trying to clearc memory and pair new device, however it's not working.
To pair I turn on headphones, then press and hold power button for 2 seconds, however they just turn off.
To clear memory I turn on headphones, then hold volume + power button (tried both vol up and down and also tried from turned off state).
Also tried the reboot button under the cushion on the right headphone.

What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #1,577 of 1,955
Had the same problem after mobile phone switch and I noticed how strong is the first bluetooth device memory position on P7. It didn't pair with Windows even after RESET and lot of bt stack cleaning, until I read the guide, pressed volume+power and then it was ok.. So nothing else to advise besides clearing any bluetooth info after memory reset or making sure to really press volume+power for a reasonable time.

May 18, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #1,578 of 1,955
Thanks. Does it matter if it's volume up or down? Do you need to turn it on before clearing the memory?
I'll try again with the memory clean up, hope it works.

Upd: I think I have finally solved it. Thanks again for help.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #1,579 of 1,955
I am sorry if that was already mentioned somewhere in the thread but I could not find it:)
Is it possible to connect P7w to a PC with USB cable and listen to music wired that way? Something like sennheiser momentum AEBT has (and b&w PX probably)? I mean I would like to use builded in DAC but not wireless. Or the only way is to use audio cable from external DAC/ motherboard? :)
Thanks!

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,583 of 1,955
Has anyone ever figured out if the batteries can be replaced with reasonable effort? I could not find any disassembly tutorials.

Not yet important, but would be good to have for reference.

I'm also curious about this. How difficult would it be to change batteries?

Aug 9, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,584 of 1,955
I’m a new owner of these cans.

Wanted a new “downstairs with the missus” headphones for those times I can’t go off to my man cave and listen to the desktop system.

I was using a pair of Yamaha MT220s out of my iPad Pro, but I have gone off these a bit, quite a dull boring sound now compared to what I’m used to (desktop rig is a DT990 Premium from a NAD D3020 and BF Caiman II DAC).

Fancied a wireless pair not only so I don’t have to be tethered but also for the odd bit travelling.

Chose these over the PX based on loads of comments.

They are very nice aren’t they? Very close indeed to the upstairs system, obviously its a different signature - less open sounding, less bright, but definitely bassier. However, they do sound really excellent for closed, let alone wireless headphones. I don’t feel i’m really missing out by not being upstairs. Count me as a fan. Anyone wanna buy any MT220s? :)

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #1,585 of 1,955
Quick question,
I found a B & W P7 on Amazon, it has options for both wired and wireless. I want the original wired one but i'm a bit suspicious as i thought it had been discontinued. Are there still dealers that have it/ is it legit?

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #1,586 of 1,955
Quick question,
I found a B & W P7 on Amazon, it has options for both wired and wireless. I want the original wired one but i'm a bit suspicious as i thought it had been discontinued. Are there still dealers that have it/ is it legit?
The wireless had the option of being wired (battery ran down...personal choice). The wired P7 is just that...wired. Sounds like they are selling a P7 Wireless.

Bern

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,587 of 1,955
The wireless had the option of being wired (battery ran down...personal choice). The wired P7 is just that...wired. Sounds like they are selling a P7 Wireless.

Bern

Yeah but there's a price difference between the two. I know the Wireless comes with an optional wire, but that seems like pure deception - which i doubt as B & W seem to be listed on the page. Here it is. Also the original wired P7 has a different sound, hence why i'm after it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F6PRSMW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #1,588 of 1,955
Yes, the wireless unit was and is more expensive than the wired only version. In my opinion, the wireless has a better overall sound with the added benefit of being wireless. They work very well and I love them. Top quality.

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #1,589 of 1,955
There are 2 on there... Wired (350usd) and wireless (400usd).

The wireless have a cable included which you plug in by removing the earpad and connecting the cable and replacing earpad. The wired ones have a soldered cable, no battery, dac or Bluetooth circuitry.

Hth

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #1,590 of 1,955
Yes, the wireless unit was and is more expensive than the wired only version. In my opinion, the wireless has a better overall sound with the added benefit of being wireless. They work very well and I love them. Top quality.

Oh right. My confusion/concern lies with this: is there a wired only P7 that's currently being sold that is different to the original P7 that they stopped producing? Or if i order this am i safe in the knowledge that that's the one i'm getting?

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back