Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,516 of 1,955
Not much about sound there, can't trust it. Also she is a liberal who drops politics into sound article, and such people are irrational. Just like I don't trust your nickname created to promote that article. I guess you're her. Next..

While I admit that I don’t care that much for the Verge - too media heavy and too content light - I do tend to agree with the majority of the headphones reviews Vlad writes in that they’re pretty much bang on for the audience he writes for.

If Vlad likes a headphone then I’ll generally try it out, and I do get more hits than misses.

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,518 of 1,955
Hi everyone...I recently purchased the P7W and have two questions. I am using them while studying for exams and find that after a few hours they become uncomfortable on the top of my head. I've tried adjusting the headband but they seem sloppy then. Any suggestions? Also, I use a Mac and I find that if I listen to Spotify or iTunes, then go to Safari, Chrome, etc to listen to a video or lecture I have to unpair them and then pair again to get sound. Has anyone experienced this? Just the nature of the headphones or is there a way to fix this?

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,519 of 1,955
Hi everyone...I recently purchased the P7W and have two questions. I am using them while studying for exams and find that after a few hours they become uncomfortable on the top of my head. I've tried adjusting the headband but they seem sloppy then. Any suggestions? Also, I use a Mac and I find that if I listen to Spotify or iTunes, then go to Safari, Chrome, etc to listen to a video or lecture I have to unpair them and then pair again to get sound. Has anyone experienced this? Just the nature of the headphones or is there a way to fix this?
I can"t address your 2nd question, but I am pretty sure your head comfort problem will soften in the coming months. In the meantime wearing a baseball cap while listening could help.

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #1,520 of 1,955
Nov 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,521 of 1,955
I added "Edit after 55 hours of burn in" to my "PX impressions" post.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bow...elling-over-ears.861606/page-80#post-13853794

----------------------------------------

CONCLUSION:
I started return process for PX from Amazon.

I really tried to like PX, I've ignored negative comments and decided to buy and experience myself. I passed through all burn in process as recommended. After all burn in trials, there wans't "huge" improvement. There was some but not enough to change my mind. I still prefer P7W sound. P7W has a mildly V shaped frequency response which is funnier while PX has less bass and treble dynamics. PX also has some kind of tube effect on sound which I really hated. P7W has a great PRAT* feeling that PX doesn't have and I think this tube effect blocks it in PX. (*PRAT: Pace Rhythm and Timing. It means the toe tapability factor of the music.)

If you guys having difficulty choosing between P7W and PX and like mildly V shaped sound instead of more flat one, go for P7W. I think P7W will have nice discounts around as a discontinued product.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,522 of 1,955
I owned the P7W and then returned it (Z1R replaced it as my closed back to pair with the Utopia). If there are any killer deals please post on this thread. I loved it enough to buy it again on a good deal

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,523 of 1,955
I owned the P7W and then returned it (Z1R replaced it as my closed back to pair with the Utopia). If there are any killer deals please post on this thread. I loved it enough to buy it again on a good deal
You definitely should've keep your P7W's. I have Z1R's as well and they serve two different needs. I can' t see myself parting ways with either of them.

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #1,524 of 1,955
I added "Edit after 55 hours of burn in" to my "PX impressions" post.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bow...elling-over-ears.861606/page-80#post-13853794

CONCLUSION:
I started return process for PX from Amazon.

I really tried to like PX, I've ignored negative comments and decided to buy and experience myself. I passed through all burn in process as recommended. After all burn in trials, there wans't "huge" improvement. There was some but not enough to change my mind. I still prefer P7W sound. P7W has a mildly V shaped frequency response which is funnier while PX has less bass and treble dynamics. PX also has some kind of tube effect on sound which I really hated. P7W has a great PRAT* feeling that PX doesn't have and I think this tube effect blocks it in PX. (*PRAT: Pace Rhythm and Timing. It means the toe tapability factor of the music.)

If you guys having difficulty choosing between P7W and PX and like mildly V shaped sound instead of more flat one, go for P7W. I think P7W will have nice discounts around as a discontinued product.

thank you for your input. like you, I really wanted to love the PX especially it got me on the aesthetics side. I love the way it's shape and construct and also the colors that are available for it. like you, I struggled with the PX's sound signature. although flat response would be the most ideal frequency with a lot of audiophiles are looking for, it is not cutting out for me. don't get me wrong, I have a few cans with a flat response. although the details on them are really nice, I find them dull unless I do some tweaking on the frequencies. in short, they were not fun unless you make them fun on the EQ. not sure if replacing the pads with the P7 would make the PX sound less muffled and a bit more bassy. but anyways, its still quite disappointing to some degree. I'm sure the PX would should shine on some specific genres, but the P7 seems to be an all-arounder when it comes to multiple music genres. I could forgive the Px for not as portable or foldable as the P7s, but the signature is just too different for my taste of music nowadays. yeah, I'm hoping that they would have the same sale they had last year with the wireless P7s for around $250. too bad I was unemployed at that time and no spare cash to burn.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,525 of 1,955
You definitely should've keep your P7W's. I have Z1R's as well and they serve two different needs. I can' t see myself parting ways with either of them.

I agree. I actually tried the Z1R as my portable headphone untill a girl told me that I looked like an alien. It is not really cool for outside use imo.

I am going to try out the Mr. Speakers Aeon as a portable headphone :p

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,527 of 1,955
It's a shame that they discontinued the P7W. Truly wonderful headphones.

Yes they are. I’ve just had about an hours headtime with them, and I’m seriously thinking about picking up a spare pair just in case my current ones go south, especially when a lot of people are saying that their replacement, the PX, is inferior in terms of SQ.

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #1,529 of 1,955
It's a shame that they discontinued the P7W. Truly wonderful headphones.

Downright infuriating, actually. Why would they discontinue what was widely considered to be the best-sounding set of wireless cans on the market? All reports make it clear the PX is NOT the P7 with ANC. I want a future with the P7 in it. What if mine are lost? Stolen? Destroyed? What about those of us hoping for future P7 versions with later Bluetooth chip revisions? Or perhaps a more comfortable headband? Instead B&W tosses them out entirely for something clearly not as good if SQ is your primary concern. LAME.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #1,530 of 1,955
Yes they are. I’ve just had about an hours headtime with them, and I’m seriously thinking about picking up a spare pair just in case my current ones go south, especially when a lot of people are saying that their replacement, the PX, is inferior in terms of SQ.

Call me insane but I did pick up a spare pair for half price new in damaged box from Amazon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back