Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #617 of 1,955
LOL, not this guy. Some of us have a hard enough time getting Wife Approval for a $400 pair of headphones (let's be honest, even $400 for headphones sounds absurd to 99% of the population).
ha, understood, do you give her approval when she buys something?

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #619 of 1,955
Dec 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #620 of 1,955
Lithium battery estimates are not really all that optimistic. People just tend to abuse them. A lot of my friends and my wife need an iPhone upgrade every year because their battery only works half the day while mine still performs like new.

Do some googling on how to care for them. I have plenty of devices with 3 or 4 year old batteries that behave similar to when I first got them. It is inconvenient, but worthwhile if you can't bear to send them in for service.

I don't think user replaceable batteries have a bright future, especially in smaller devices. Manufacturers tend to go with more seamless designs and/or larger capacity. Separately, user replaceable batteries lead to 3rd party batteries which lead to poor quality batteries which lead to explosions. Exploding headphones make for bad publicity.

I think it would have been cool for B&W to split the battery into two to balance the weight.

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #621 of 1,955
Great information on this thread. I am still searching for the perfect pair of wireless headphones. I have narrowed it down to the B&W P7, B&W p5 and the Sony MDR-1000x. Possibly looking to add the B&O H9 into the mix. Love the sound of both B&W. I am really trying to keep the B&W P7 wireless...having fit problems...a little uncomfortable. Are any of you having fit/comfort problems? How. Are you resolving them? Can anyone compare the comfort of the B&W P7 to the B&O H9?

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL. I am still working with the P7 wireless and while they are not 100% comfortable I have found the just right positioning that allows me to listen to music with them for approximately an hour and a half before needing to adjust them or take a break. Is this reasonable enough to keep them? The sound is amazing and i have tries just about all of the HP mentioned in this thread and nothing sounds anywhere close to the BOWERS & WILKINS P7 WIRELESS. All of the HP (QC35/SonyMDR-1000x/SM/and B&OH7) make their presence known to your ears. Nothing seems to be unoticbly comfortable. So...is an hour and a half long enough or should a pair of head phones be perfectly comfortible?

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #624 of 1,955
Just got a pair of the wireless P7s a few days ago. It probably only has about 20 hours of burn in but I find them very impressive sounding both in wireless and wired modes. They pair very well with the Sony WM1A. The bass is very fun and punchy with my Leckerton Audio UHA6s mk2 on high gain mode. I prefer these to the Audioquest Nighthawks.

Dec 27, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #625 of 1,955
Can anyone help compare the P7 Wireless with the sound of the B&O H7/H9? It seems people consider the B&O more comfortable while the sound may be superior on the P7? How does the sound compare between the two?

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #626 of 1,955
Also wondering about B&O h9 vs. p7... How different is the sound quality, and how is the p7 to travel with (sound leakage, etc.) 
I have the h9, and they are pretty good, but the sound quality isn't the best I've heard...

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #627 of 1,955
  Also wondering about B&O h9 vs. p7... How different is the sound quality, and how is the p7 to travel with (sound leakage, etc.) 
I have the h9, and they are pretty good, but the sound quality isn't the best I've heard...

I returned my H9's. I just ordered some  of the current wireless contenders: H9, Sony 1000x and P7 Wireless. I sent Sony and the Beoplay back. The Sony because it was heavy and the NC was resulting in hiss sounds and pressure on my eardrums which I didn't like. The H9 had horrible bass. I compared it with the H6 v2 which are great and the P7w. I decided to keep the P7 wireless.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #628 of 1,955

I returned my H9's. I just ordered some  of the current wireless contenders: H9, Sony 1000x and P7 Wireless. I sent Sony and the Beoplay back. The Sony because it was heavy and the NC was resulting in hiss sounds and pressure on my eardrums which I didn't like. The H9 had horrible bass. I compared it with the H6 v2 which are great and the P7w. I decided to keep the P7 wireless.

I am thinking about doing the same. How is it to travel with the p7? Does it have good noise isolation?  Do you miss h9's anc?

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #629 of 1,955
  I am thinking about doing the same. How is it to travel with the p7? Does it have good noise isolation?  Do you miss h9's anc?

I travel mainly with car so I can't really say. The passive isolation on the P7 is fine. The ANC on the H9 is mediocre compared to the Sony or others. I would get CIEMs if you travel a lot instead of NC headphones or very well fitting IEMs. But that is just me. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #630 of 1,955

I travel mainly with car so I can't really say. The passive isolation on the P7 is fine. The ANC on the H9 is mediocre compared to the Sony or others. I would get CIEMs if you travel a lot instead of NC headphones or very well fitting IEMs. But that is just me. 

Well, I am also traveling mainly by car too :)  Hmmm, think I have to return my h9 before its too late. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back