Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Apr 25, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #1,966 of 2,022
When the soft alcantara case won’t give the P9’s the protection they deserve.
It calls for the P9 hard shell case 👍
IMG_0371.jpegIMG_0373.jpeg
Is this something still for sale, perchance? I wasn't aware that there was a case like this available.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #1,967 of 2,022
Is this something still for sale, perchance? I wasn't aware that there was a case like this available.
It’s a custom combo, the beyer badge is just stuck on with double sided tape it pulls off and you can apply the bower adhesive backed badge in its place looks very professional 👍
IMG_0374.jpegIMG_0375.jpeg

Apr 26, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #1,968 of 2,022
It’s a custom combo, the beyer badge is just stuck on with double sided tape it pulls off and you can apply the bower adhesive backed badge in its place looks very professional 👍
Ah hahaha nice..l should’ve have known, I have a few of those Beyer cases for my Beyer headphones. 😅

Apr 30, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,970 of 2,022
Listening to the P9's playing Sara Bareilles' Brave Enough: Live at the Variety Playhouse. Headphones driven by Schiit Asgard DAC/Amp. I hate to admit it but I wish my Px8's sounded more like the P9's. Anyone out there have both sets? What are your thoughts on the sound between the two? Yes, yes, I know BT vs. cabled isn't probably a fair comparison. But I'm wondering if some sort of frequency tweaking for the Px8 could help with its heavier bass. For some music I'm finding the Px8 a bit too rich for long term listening.

May 1, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #1,971 of 2,022
Listening to the P9's playing Sara Bareilles' Brave Enough: Live at the Variety Playhouse. Headphones driven by Schiit Asgard DAC/Amp. I hate to admit it but I wish my Px8's sounded more like the P9's. Anyone out there have both sets? What are your thoughts on the sound between the two? Yes, yes, I know BT vs. cabled isn't probably a fair comparison. But I'm wondering if some sort of frequency tweaking for the Px8 could help with its heavier bass. For some music I'm finding the Px8 a bit too rich for long term listening.
I've got both too, and yes I agree. There is some hidden magic in the P9s, a combination of the spaciousness, instrument seperation and timbre that really gives a wow factor with certain tracks for me. PX8 just can't do that, it definately feels a lot more compact straight away and lacks the imaging chops of the P9.

I think it's just a BT headphone thing, I also thought the Bathys were far less accomplished than their full size counterpart the Celestee. Must be due to constraints on space and the need to fit all the extra bits in the cups.

That said I've taken P9 away with me a lot, it's easy to pack and take about with you. Coupled with a bluetooth dongle, an iFi Go Blu, and it is one incredible companion for the road.

May 1, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #1,972 of 2,022
I've got both too, and yes I agree. There is some hidden magic in the P9s, a combination of the spaciousness, instrument seperation and timbre that really gives a wow factor with certain tracks for me. PX8 just can't do that, it definately feels a lot more compact straight away and lacks the imaging chops of the P9.

I think it's just a BT headphone thing, I also thought the Bathys were far less accomplished than their full size counterpart the Celestee. Must be due to constraints on space and the need to fit all the extra bits in the cups.

That said I've taken P9 away with me a lot, it's easy to pack and take about with you. Coupled with a bluetooth dongle, an iFi Go Blu, and it is one incredible companion for the road.
Thanks for the great idea of just taking the P9's on the road. I used to of course. :smile_cat: I'll check out the iFi Go Blu! Everyone don't get me wrong about my feelings on the Px8 headphones. I still think they are great headphones. Besides they make me look so coooool! In my own mind.:jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #1,974 of 2,022
So…
Having owned all B&W headphones to date except the P9 I am now using the PX8 as my daily driver. Overall loving it and it is a clear notch above the PX7, P7 etc.

But. I found a pair of P9s used, for 300$.
They look like they are in good condition.

What do I need to really get the best out of these, or at least match and outperform PX8? I am an iPhone and iPad user so some kind of portable DAC that works with those devices would be best…

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #1,975 of 2,022
So…
Having owned all B&W headphones to date except the P9 I am now using the PX8 as my daily driver. Overall loving it and it is a clear notch above the PX7, P7 etc.

What do I need to really get the best out of these, or at least match and outperform PX8? I am an iPhone and iPad user so some kind of portable DAC that works with those devices would be best…
Amongst portables I have tried, Mojo 2 has good synergy with P9s

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #1,976 of 2,022
So…

It might be worth getting the P9 lightning cable if you primarily use iPhone/iPad

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,978 of 2,022
Is there a B&W lightening cable for the P9? Did it come with the original kit? I wonder if anyone makes a P9 to USB-C cable???
As far as I understand, this was not part of the early deliveries but came later as Apple removed the 3,5mm jack.
Can be purchased from B&W.

A USB-C option - not sure.

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,980 of 2,022
Is there a B&W lightening cable for the P9? Did it come with the original kit? I wonder if anyone makes a P9 to USB-C cable???
No, but you can use a Lightning-to-USB-C adapter made specifically for audio devices. Anker makes one that I've tested with my Audeze EL-8 with Lightning-terminated Cipher cable, and it worked great on my iPad Air 2022 which has USB-C. I think Apple now makes an official one as well, too.

EDIT: Here is the Anker cable I've used successfully with other Lightning-terminated headphone cables:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HVBYDYY/

And here is Apple's, though I admit I have not tested this, this one supports charging as well:
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...f8016e0446c318f8aa9bab24f915ddb66a412d64a34a0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back