Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Feb 28, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,036 of 2,022
It's true that I keep switching primarily between these two headphones: they're very different, and each brings me joy. Thé P9 is more versatile though, as I can carry it outside and listen straight from a smartphone. However if you're planning to use them at home only, this point is moot.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #1,037 of 2,022
I read your shout out, but I'd recommend you'd give the hex a try. Anyway, can you expand or clarify on what you were saying about the p9's vocals. I'm finding the occasional track with the singer's voice is very low, but I don't think it's bass intrusion.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #1,039 of 2,022
Yes, the drivers are angled toward the back of your head.

I just sold my Z7's after buying the P9's.  And then the P7W inspired me to sell every other headphone I have aside from the P9.  Then I picked up AirPods and now I feel like I am 100% set.  I love this trio.  P9 at my desk at work.  AirPods when I'm out and about and want to hear some ambient sound, and P7W when I'm traveling or in bed.  Usually use the P9 through a NuForce Icon IDO, but I also have Dragonfly Red and they sound great on both.

Check out the classifieds for my M2W, P7 wired, and MM400's. :)

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #1,041 of 2,022
can i ask please how the p9 compares to p7 wireless

also how p9 compares to audeze lcd2

thanks

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,042 of 2,022

thanks

I remember getting the P7W and thought they were the best sound I ever heard in a pair of headphones - and this is even wireless.

Close after, I bought the P9's and they just take that awesome sound even further. Even richer and fuller sound. Thats the best way I can describe them. If I listen to the same song on both the P9 wins - but the P7W are by no means bad. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #1,043 of 2,022

thanks

To me they are both the best I've ever used. The P7W has a big better bass I think. The P9 is a bit more refined and has a tad better detail and separation. I really enjoy using both.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #1,044 of 2,022

thanks

I have both and love both but when it comes to comparing just sound there is no comparison, the P9's win in every way. The P7W have other benefits like price, weight, no wires and probably comfort while still sounding great as well.

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,046 of 2,022
Until you try something like Senn HD 800s
smily_headphones1.gif

Also x2 the price of the P9's - at least here in Denmark. Question is, are the worth twice the money?

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #1,047 of 2,022
Until you try something like Senn HD 800s :)
remember the sennheiser hd800s is an open back headphones while some say the p9s are closed back..two different sound signature entirely..
I own both actually and must say the p9 is truly a work of art audio wise...no adjective can succinctly describe their supreme efficacy from my position...i hasten to add...*it all a matter of personal preference*...Enjoy!

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,048 of 2,022
Also x2 the price of the P9's - at least here in Denmark. Question is, are the worth twice the money?

I own p7 wireless and was in love the way they sound wired.
Then I tried the P9 for a while and found it to be generally similar to p7 I overall feel but with a bit more clarity and finesse while the bass hump was a bit of a negative.
So imho the P9 was not worth the more than twice the price of P7W.

The HD 800s is a totally different league. Yes it's open and imho it's perfect for home. The P7W is great for taking to work and for travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back