Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Jan 31, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #962 of 2,022
Mine the left ear cup creaks when it moves. It's gotten so distracting I have stopped using them. I'm exchanging them at Best Buy and getting the geek squad warranty this time. My original P7s made the geek squad warranty pay for itself. The sound is so good though. I got the P7w over the weekend so I'm not missing the P9 too bad.

I had a similar problem. Try pushing the earpiece back into the frame opening, as far as it can go. Mine was fine after that.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #963 of 2,022
Disappointed to hear that there are quality control issues for a premium headphone like this. I'm hoping mine lasts 10+ years, hope that isn't unrealistic.

Sometimes it is just bad luck and you get a problem unit. I have never experienced any issues at all, plus I sell every headphone at about one year as I thirst to try new sound signatures.

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #964 of 2,022
Mine the left ear cup creaks when it moves. It's gotten so distracting I have stopped using them. I'm exchanging them at Best Buy and getting the geek squad warranty this time. My original P7s made the geek squad warranty pay for itself. The sound is so good though. I got the P7w over the weekend so I'm not missing the P9 too bad.

On my p9s the right cup creaks.But only when im moving them.Is this something to worry about?

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #965 of 2,022
On my p9s the right cup creaks.But only when im moving them.Is this something to worry about?

Only if it bothers you.  Mine creaked just moving my head and completely ruined the music.  I am swapping them for another pair today.  Reading that you have this issue and Beagle did as well is making me wonder if I should just give up on them and stick with the P7 Wireless.  I tried Beagle's suggestion.  It definitely made a difference, but I could still hear it when I put them on and tried listening for a few minutes.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #967 of 2,022
I picked up my second pair tonight.  No creaks and I'm again blown away by these things.  I can deal with a wire if it delivers sound like this!  Hopefully these don't start creaking.  I did spring for the warranty through Best Buy though.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #968 of 2,022
Asked bowers & wilkins about the squeaking earcups.Here is their answer:

As with all new products, initially the material will be quite stiff and should loosen over time. Earcups squeaking is not something we have heard of before, but nevertheless it shouldn’t really be anything to worry about.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #969 of 2,022
Asked bowers & wilkins about the squeaking earcups.Here is their answer:

As with all new products, initially the material will be quite stiff and should loosen over time. Earcups squeaking is not something we have heard of before, but nevertheless it shouldn’t really be anything to worry about.

I wasn't worried about them lasting. I was worried about not enjoying headphones that cost me $900!!!

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #970 of 2,022
So I got my P9's two days ago and can't believe I paid $1000 Canadian for a pair of headphones hahaha

I have the B&O H6 & H9, QC35, and P7 Wireless as well right now and although none are near the price of the P9's, nothing comes close to the sound. In a perfect world I would probably take a touch less bass but I can't take them off my head I love them so much. I do wish they were black and I don't like the top headband material (plastic?). They also leak more than any of the other closed headphones I've ever owned but with the sound that comes out of them I just don'r care about these minor flaws.  :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #971 of 2,022

Quote:
I don't have any creaks in mine so I would say that yours are defective.

Quote:
  I picked up my second pair tonight.  No creaks and I'm again blown away by these things.  I can deal with a wire if it delivers sound like this!  Hopefully these don't start creaking.  I did spring for the warranty through Best Buy though.

Maybe they need a CREEK headphone amp?

(sorry)

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #972 of 2,022
  They also leak more than any of the other closed headphones I've ever owned ...

I thought the P9 was considered semi-open? If so, that would explain the sound leakage. Glad you are enjoying them so much.

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #973 of 2,022
Hello, I fall in love with the P9 design. I'd like to know some stuff : the problem is that :
1) I need lots of bass/sub bass (rap) : can the P9 deliver it ?
2) I'm used to active noise cancelling (Sony mdr-1000x) : does the P9 offers enough passive isolation for me to listen to rap in a car/train ?

Thanks for your answers,

Eric

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #974 of 2,022
  Hello, I fall in love with the P9 design. I'd like to know some stuff : the problem is that :
1) I need lots of bass/sub bass (rap) : can the P9 deliver it ?
2) I'm used to active noise cancelling (Sony mdr-1000x) : does the P9 offers enough passive isolation for me to listen to rap in a car/train ?

Thanks for your answers,

Eric

I'm curious myself what people will say about these things Eric. The semi-open design does make me think that you may get sound leakage if you are using these on a train, but that I guess depends how loud you like your music.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #975 of 2,022
  I'm curious myself what people will say about these things Eric. The semi-open design does make me think that you may get sound leakage if you are using these on a train, but that I guess depends how loud you like your music.

Thank you :) I would use it mostly in a car/camping car where there are a lot of bassy noise produced. I never listen very loud, I don't want to be deaf someday (I'm a musician).
Do you own a P9 ? If so, could tell me if the P9 can deliver lot of sub bass/bass please ?

Regards,

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back