Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Jan 10, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #1,456 of 2,022
Thanks for the replies. I will try and get the receipt somehow...

Can you guys hear a rubbing sound at least when the earcups are moving? It sounds like the rubber in the decoupling mechanism... I fail to believe that my unit is THIS defective?!

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #1,457 of 2,022
I picked up a pair of the P9s and I am returning them. As much as I love the look and portability, the mid bass is ovewhelming and muddies the lower end of lower ranged vocals and higher range bass notes. I really wanted to like these, and they are good when the vocals and instruments aren’t hitting those frequency ranges, but I can’t justify keeping these for the occasional songs that work well with them.

I currently have the Focal Utopias, Shure 846s, and PM-3s (PM-3s are also going back due to lack of clarity—I’ve been spoiled by the Focals and the SE846s), and they all resolve the problematic frequency range much better. As much as I hate jamming ear buds into my ears, the SE846 will have to remain my travel headset for the time being.

I put in a pre-order for the Sennheiser HD 820s, but they don’t look very portable, just potentially good for listening to music next to a significant other in bed.

As an owner of a pair of 803 D3s, I’m surprised at the overloading of bass in the P9s considering they were designed by the same team. I’m looking forward to (hoping for) a P10 that is more neutral.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #1,459 of 2,022
Hello
is it possible to use it in the train without disturbing the neighbors?
Thanks.
h.
I tried them on a propeller plane next to my girlfriend, and she didn´t hear my music. However, due to the semi open cans, it was very difficult to hear anything at all.. I used them on the train once, and my neighbours didn´t seem to get affected by my music.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #1,460 of 2,022
I tried them on a propeller plane next to my girlfriend, and she didn´t hear my music. However, due to the semi open cans, it was very difficult to hear anything at all.. I used them on the train once, and my neighbours didn´t seem to get affected by my music.
Thank you so much
I will listen to it next Tuesday linked to my Cowon Plenue P1
for now I'm using my old P5
h.

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,466 of 2,022
Great news. Hopefully anyone that’s registered their P9s will get an email from them officially soon. I bought a recertified pair and I was told I would be eligible for the free cable as well

A new B&W iPhone app today with support for " P9 lightning cable" That's got to be great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back