Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Sep 24, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #4,531 of 5,138
Scratches are maybe one problem but the real problem is the headband!
Second time now that my PX8 shows that problem!
Sometimes I wonder how others use their gear.
One if my friends has managed to break four pairs of Bose QC35 within two years.
He does use them at the gym, never used the case, leaves them in the car to cook for hours, wears them in the rain etc.

I live in Sweden so temperature never reaches the point where glue will melt, and it is always raining so headphones stay indoors. Maybe that is the secret?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #4,532 of 5,138
I have a cheap stand at home and office to hang them on. I wasn't too concerned about scratches but as I have Tan I wanted to keep them as clean as possible.

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #4,533 of 5,138
One if my friends has managed to break four pairs of Bose QC35 within two years.
He does use them at the gym, never used the case, leaves them in the car to cook for hours, wears them in the rain etc.

I live in Sweden so temperature never reaches the point where glue will melt, and it is always raining so headphones stay indoors. Maybe that is the secret?
I had an old pair of Momentum 1.0s i took everywhere, I took them backpacking through 15 countries, wore them in literal storms in downpours, they were battered utterly. But still work to this day. Takes a lot to kill wired cans haha.

But yes plenty of people are careless. Depends on their disposable income i guess, for most of us £600 is a lot and the px8 will be quite precious I imagine.

Sep 24, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #4,536 of 5,138
Spotted this for Mclaren PX8 owners

0327231825.jpg

Mclarenhope.jpg

Ashbourne Fleece here

At least its affordable after buying an Mclaren PX8

Sep 24, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #4,539 of 5,138

I've read what you've written about this topic here. Even if you don't want to believe it, this is clearly a massive quality problem for B&W. My PX8s have never left the house and are always tucked away in the box. I also don't overstretch the headphones with my rather small head.
I think it's a shame that you can't just accept that there is a problem!

Sep 24, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #4,540 of 5,138
I've read what you've written about this topic here. Even if you don't want to believe it, this is clearly a massive quality problem for B&W. My PX8s have never left the house and are always tucked away in the box. I also don't overstretch the headphones with my rather small head.
I think it's a shame that you can't just accept that there is a problem!
I do accept that there is a problem.
I do not have a problem believing it.

Sep 24, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #4,542 of 5,138
Has anyone had a chance to compare the PX8 to the new PX7 S2e yet?

Because I'm considering the PX8, but since they supposedly improved something with the DSP in the PX7 S2e, making the sound supposedly better, maybe they'll be close enough to the PX8 that it won't be worth paying so much extra for the PX8.
My speculation is that they put the DSP circuit that was in the PX8 in the S2e. The last update for the px8 made it more airy, detailed and widened soundstage (and reduced mid bass for more deep thump but im a little unsure if thats just me, either way they did tune the mid bass differently), I think with the new DSP on the S2e, that tuning/soundsignature may find its way over to S2e, but because of the Carbon drivers and some other small things, the PX8 will still sound better/more detailed with lower distortion and more thump.

An example:
The difference between PX7S2e vs PX8 with the newest SW will be as big as PX7S2 vs PX8 before the SW update when it got better.

Either way those who like the px8 with the latest SW/tuning may like the S2e more.

Hope that makes sense

I may be wrong though.

Sep 26, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #4,543 of 5,138
I have received the PX7 s2e. Will try to figure out what I think about them. I have also owned the PX8 at one point as well.

Just a quick listen, they are not as good as the PX8, but that was expected. I do notice vocals are very clear on s2e.

The s2e do look good, just not as premium as PX8.

I remember the PX8 really opening up after many listens, so hopefully the s2e does as well.

Will try to get some thoughts together soon.

Sep 26, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #4,544 of 5,138
I have received the PX7 s2e. Will try to figure out what I think about them. I have also owned the PX8 at one point as well.

Just a quick listen, they are not as good as the PX8, but that was expected. I do notice vocals are very clear on s2e.

The s2e do look good, just not as premium as PX8.

I remember the PX8 really opening up after many listens, so hopefully the s2e does as well.

Will try to get some thoughts together soon.

Great stuff looking forward to your thoughts on these.

How long did it take for your PX8s to open up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back