Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 25, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #1,261 of 5,138
I can going and speaking about ALL this (pseudo) reviews you're mentioning but I don't wasting time in unnecessary exercise.

I like px8 very much, and I choosing this headphone more than the Bathys and my 5909 (with personal reasons, of course), but I'm sorry if I don't saying that everything is great about this headphone.
It’s not that you’re saying anything negative (I don’t actually think you are) it’s that your statements (they aren’t fast or transient in the low end) don’t match up with what anyone, professional or otherwise has said about these headphones. Again, it’s not like I’m criticizing you, I just am fascinated by your “ear” so to speak as it’s miles off others

Oct 25, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #1,263 of 5,138
It’s not that you’re saying anything negative (I don’t actually think you are) it’s that your statements (they aren’t fast or transient in the low end) don’t match up with what anyone, professional or otherwise has said about these headphones. Again, it’s not like I’m criticizing you, I just am fascinated by your “ear” so to speak as it’s miles off others

I don't speak about how professional or not this people are, because my opinion isn't really very good in general about majority of px8 'reviews' I see until today, and isn't necessarily because they aren't agreeing with me. Sometimes they're agreeing with my opinions in general and I still thinking is a poor review.

I must clarifying that the tightness of the bass isn't very good, except if you use EQ for less bass quantity / amplitude. When you decreasing the bass, the transient response is clearly better.

How is their opinion any less pseudo than yours?

Many things I can saying but I'm not wasting time answering this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,264 of 5,138
Sound is presented more in front like very nice speakers? And great for rock, female vocals and acoustic guitars? Sounds like I'm really going to like these.

Oct 25, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,265 of 5,138
Sound is presented more in front like very nice speakers? And great for rock, female vocals and acoustic guitars? Sounds like I'm really going to like these.
That is my impression so far. Bowers & Wilkins never tried to tune their headphones for neutral, monitor-like listening, but here they created something really nice that I have not heard since the P7w. And this time is actually better, to my ears.

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #1,266 of 5,138
For the people that thinking I'm very critical often of the px8, this is a very good track (with correct EQ for me, of course) that I love listening in this headphone: Kate Bush's "Love And Anger".

Kate Bush is really, really unique singer (very long time before K-pop and J-pop even when this genres are completely different from the music of excellent Kate Bush) and some people love her music and others don't liking at all or hating here voice (is polarising). Kate Bush is making me thinking of me in this thread when I looking some of the replies of my posts and the "likes" people giving my posts and "likes" people giving other posts, many "likes" that are responding my posts. This is always very interesting for me but very predictable, really.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #1,267 of 5,138
That is my impression so far. Bowers & Wilkins never tried to tune their headphones for neutral, monitor-like listening, but here they created something really nice that I have not heard since the P7w. And this time is actually better, to my ears.
I tried a listening session with the famed P7W the other night and although still very good, I prefer the overall tuning of the Px8. It’s such an easy listen. To me with these headphones, the sound disappears and you just hear the music. It’s like an antidote at the end of the day for the craziness of life.

I even spent a separate night with the P9 to compare and it’s still a champ. I’m not getting rid of them ever.

At the end of the day, you either like the B&W headphone sound signature or you don’t. I feel If you had to use half or more of the EQ setting range in opposite directions to adjust the Px8 to your liking, it may not be the phone for you.

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #1,268 of 5,138
I tried a listening session with the famed P7W the other night and although still very good, I prefer the overall tuning of the Px8. It’s such an easy listen. To me with these headphones, the sound disappears and you just hear the music. It’s like an antidote at the end of the day for the craziness of life.

I even spent a separate night with the P9 to compare and it’s still a champ. I’m not getting rid of them ever.

At the end of the day, you either like the B&W headphone sound signature or you don’t. I feel If you had to use half or more of the EQ setting range in opposite directions to adjust the Px8 to your liking, it may not be the phone for you.
I loved my P7w until the clamp force and the hard headband gave me a headache :)
The P9 is still a great and beautiful headphone but even though I like bass this was sometimes over the top for me. Also my big head didnt love the fit of these either.
PX8, as of now, seems like it hits the sweet spot for me. And I completely agree, if you need to fiddle around with the EQ too much, then better buy something else (coming from someone who tried new EQ settings on the Sony WH-1000 series more often than what can be considered healthy)

Oct 25, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,269 of 5,138
For the people that thinking I'm very critical often of the px8, this is a very good track (with correct EQ for me, of course) that I love listening in this headphone: Kate Bush's "Love And Anger".

Kate Bush is really, really unique singer (very long time before K-pop and J-pop even when this genres are completely different from the music of excellent Kate Bush) and some people love her music and others don't liking at all or hating here voice (is polarising). Kate Bush is making me thinking of me in this thread when I looking some of the replies of my posts and the "likes" people giving my posts and "likes" people giving other posts, many "likes" that are responding my posts. This is always very interesting for me but very predictable, really.
Yeah Kate Bush is something else. I really like some of her songs, and some I can barely listen to. Good test for any audio setup.

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #1,270 of 5,138
Some pictures if you are interested :)
PXL_20221025_194814575.jpg
PXL_20221025_194923387.jpg
PXL_20221025_194948660.jpg
PXL_20221025_195005329.jpg
PXL_20221025_195019932.jpg
PXL_20221025_195058279.jpg

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #1,271 of 5,138
Can anyone comment on suitability of the Px8 for classical music, especially solo piano or chamber music like string quartets?

Oct 25, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #1,272 of 5,138
Can anyone comment on suitability of the Px8 for classical music, especially solo piano or chamber music like string quartets?
I like it a lot. I throw a lot of piano at it. Also the cheesy vitamin string quartet covers lmao…and orchestral music. Piano has a very natural tone to it. It’s quite easy to listen to… In a general sense you’re not gonna get an extremely wide holographic sound stage where it feels like the music is coming from all around you but instrument separation is very aggressive, and I can absolutely clearly feel every instrument in the mix. It’s just presented in front of me instead of around me.

Oct 25, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #1,274 of 5,138
For intimate classical I really enjoy PX8. For piano and strings I find timbre a priority, it's why I didn't like the Elegia or Bathys for classical too much. PX8 has a very natural timbre and is really quite good for classical imo.

Large orchestras benefit from the wider soundstage of an open back of course, or even what Bathys offers. So its pros and cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back