Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 17, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #871 of 5,138
Just received PX8 tan, can’t wait to use it with my Fiio M11 Ltd Plus DAP
Folks have commented that the black is even more aesthetically pleasing in person than photos. Do you find that to be true with the tan colorway as well?

Thanks, as I am strongly considering a purchase of the PX8 and am on the fence about which to get.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #872 of 5,138
Folks have commented that the black is even more aesthetically pleasing in person than photos. Do you find that to be true with the tan colorway as well?

Thanks, as I am strongly considering a purchase of the PX8 and am on the fence about which to get.
I think I might be the only person on here who has had both colors… It honestly depends on your personal style. The black is very sleek and modern looking. The tan has a very high end retro feel to them… Think incredibly expensive 1970s wood paneled furniture.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #873 of 5,138
Well I certainly like them more than my Apple AirPods Max. The MW75's are a bit more neutral, less rich sounding than the Px8 (to my ears).

If all three were on a store shelf, and I got to audition them before making a purchase, I would probably want the Px8's over the other two for sure! I even considered selling the APMs, but I doubt I'd get much for them. I did BTW give my PX7s to my daughter this weekend :smile_phones:. Someone has to save her from a Beats obsession!

But in the end, I felt a bit guilty about the expenditure just before I need to look towards X-Max gifts for the family. So that is a factor I'm a little embarrassed to admit. In the future when it comes time to replace my existing headphones I will be looking at B&W headphones again!
I just sold my APM and got about half of what I paid for it. Not unexpected I think, after a year and half of heavy use, I will take it. If you look at it like that, then you can just rationalize like it's buying a pair at the price point of an Px7 S2 :sunglasses: Good on you though for your priorities!

Lmao I’ve done this so many times…bought the expensive as hell item and then a few days later been like “hold on can I reallllllyyyyyy justify how much I just spent” feel guilty, and return. It happens lol
Oh boy I should join in on this too because I've just gone today and splashed out on an audio setup I probably shouldn't have, but hopefully won't regret come a few days later. :grin:

Oct 17, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #875 of 5,138
Extremely curious as well for detailed comparisons between the AirPods Max and PX8’s. Perhaps I am in the minority however I do not find the Max particularly comfortable. ANC is important to me as I will only be using these cans for airline flights.

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #876 of 5,138
Can I make a request for the session lol??

Can you throw on a heavy orchestra track? Might I suggest the music from the attached picture, as the mix on this particular suite is insanely good. Like. Stupid nasty great lol. Specifically the phantom of the opera suite from this.
I just wanted to give my thanks for this album rec. I've listened to it a couple times now and there are points where it sends me those satisfying chills; I'm sure all of us that follow these forums look for and can appreciate :) Much obliged!

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #877 of 5,138
I just wanted to give my thanks for this album rec. I've listened to it a couple times now and there are points where it sends me those satisfying chills; I'm sure all of us that follow these forums look for and can appreciate :) Much obliged!
It’s such a good album lol. Also one of the people in this forum played on it so double cool I suppose

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #878 of 5,138
Has anyone here tried the Sennheiser momentum wireless 4? I know its not in the same league but curious how it compares to the PX8 anyway. One of the trusted reviewers here in Australia tells me he thinks they sound better than the PX7 s2 due to being more neutral. I consider them the value king of the current crop of ANC headphones as they are slightly cheaper than the other big brands but still have better ANC than the boutique brands like B&W, Focal, ML, yet better sound than the rest like Sony, Bose, Apple, and the 60hr battery life is just a big fat cherry on top. I wish they kept the leather earpads/headband of the momentum 3 though, they kinda look and feel less premium now.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #879 of 5,138

I’m so tired of black headphones. I know the tan is going to age faster than the black, but ugh…I can’t do black again. I’m not sure if the PX8 will be my daily driver can, on account of them being so damn expensive, so if they’re just going to stay at home I might as well go for the tan model.

Oct 17, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #880 of 5,138
Has anyone here tried the Sennheiser momentum wireless 4? I know its not in the same league but curious how it compares to the PX8 anyway. One of the trusted reviewers here in Australia tells me he thinks they sound better than the PX7 s2 due to being more neutral. I consider them the value king of the current crop of ANC headphones as they are slightly cheaper than the other big brands but still have better ANC than the boutique brands like B&W, Focal, ML, yet better sound than the rest like Sony, Bose, Apple, and the 60hr battery life is just a big fat cherry on top. I wish they kept the leather earpads/headband of the momentum 3 though, they kinda look and feel less premium now.
Actually, these were the headphones I had directly before I bought the Px8. So the good is that the ANC is pretty much as good as it’s going to get… Short of Sony. battery life is definitely as advertised.

Sound is pretty good I would say it’s a little bloated in the lower range. The bass is a tad bit over bearing but you can EQ that down… Clarity is pretty solid. I mean these were great headphones until I listened To the Px8. So take that for what you will build quality was a tad bit suspect on these like… There’s a lot of plastic. Also, this is just a personal opinion, but the touch buttons by know where the hell out of me because I reposition my headphones a lot, and it would constantly trigger things.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #881 of 5,138
I think I said it here before, so might be repeating myself. I can't believe how much my new PX7's are improved sound and comfort wise, over my PX's.
I was disappointed in the original PX, so it kept me from upgrading; took the recent $150 price drop motivate me.
I'm glad I did.
If the PX8's are a big step up from this, then I'll be looking at them someday...
👍

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #883 of 5,138
Extremely curious as well for detailed comparisons between the AirPods Max and PX8’s. Perhaps I am in the minority however I do not find the Max particularly comfortable. ANC is important to me as I will only be using these cans for airline flights.
As much as I love my B&Ws, my go to can for that use case would not be a pair of 700 dollar leather and steel headphones with below-stellar ANC.
I use my B&Ws at home and in the office and sometimes on the go, but when flying I bring my Sonys.

If I could have only one headphone AND wanted to use them frequently outside airplanes I would of course stick with B&W…

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #884 of 5,138
Mine go back to B&W UK today. I actually preferred the sound of my AirPods Max but I am 53 and have the audio accommodation set up with those and that maybe made the difference between simple EQing. They sounded cleaner and more detailed to me. They’re also paid for a long time ago and I don’t need a second pair of very good ANC headphones.

Beautiful build quality on these though.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #885 of 5,138
another side note question… Does anyone know if buying from the bw website in europe from Spain https://www.bowerswilkins.com/es-es/ the items come from uk? I can’t find a dealer here in Portugal with the px8 so my doubt is if I will have to pay taxes because of the post brexit uk….
I’m also based in Portugal and I’ve just purchased the PX8 from B&W online store (uk) and the final price will be 699€, any customs cost is supported by the shipper.
I’ve ordered last Friday and they should arrive today or tomorrow, only thing you’ll have to do is to provide DHL (when asked) your name, VAT nr, proof of order and payment, one email and it’s done. Any doubt PM me glad to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back