Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 12, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #601 of 5,138
I have not used Roon before, but wouldn't the question be is Roon supported on iOS? You are talking about listening to Roon tracks from an iOS device via Bluetooth right? Sorry, just trying to understand the question.
Yes currently I can stream Roon over BT to my Bose NC700 using my iPhone or iPad, directly from the iPhone/iPad speakers, through a Sonos system using the Roon app on my IOS system, and I can stream with Roon through Astell & Kern devices. So my question would be can I stream using my Roon app (the remote app) to the PX8 headphones as I currently do with the Bose headphones or would the B&W app not let me do that? Hopefully this makes sense.

Also is it possible to steam from the iTunes app using BT to the PX8?

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #602 of 5,138
Yes currently I can stream Roon over BT to my Bose NC700 using my iPhone or iPad, directly from the iPhone/iPad speakers, through a Sonos system using the Roon app on my IOS system, and I can stream with Roon through Astell & Kern devices. So my question would be can I stream using my Roon app (the remote app) to the PX8 headphones as I currently do with the Bose headphones or would the B&W app not let me do that? Hopefully this makes sense.

Some others might chime in here, but you aren't required to use the B&W app when listening to your headphones. I actually only use the app for some of the sound settings. I don't use it for music service integration at all. I do stream direct from both itunes and apple music.

Oct 12, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #603 of 5,138

I've not used Roon, but bluetooth is the protocol that is used to stream to the headphones. You don't need to use the B&W app to stream music. You can stream with any app that can play music via bluetooth.

Oct 12, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #604 of 5,138
Some others might chime in here, but you aren't required to use the B&W app when listening to your headphones. I actually only use the app for some of the sound settings. I don't use it for music service integration at all. I do stream direct from both itunes and apple music.
Thank you. Your answer is very helpful! Now to pull the trigger on the PX8

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #606 of 5,138
A new collab, color or limited edition of the PX8? 🧐 Sounds exciting!
IMG_2910.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #613 of 5,138
A new collab, color or limited edition of the PX8? 🧐 Sounds exciting!
IMG_2910.jpg
Yeah, reminds me of what Master & Dynamic did with their AMG edition of the MW75, which I own actually. I have the Tan PX8 on order but the retailer is waiting for stock. If this is indeed a special edition PX8, I'm very curious.

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #614 of 5,138

Users who are viewing this thread

Back