Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Sep 30, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #121 of 5,212
I think the PCMag review is somewhat helpful to people that want a lot of ANC power. It doesn't really help me since what I wanted to know was the sound performance relative to other TOTL headphones and the S2s. But at the end of the day the best thing to do is to order from some place with a good return policy.

Sep 30, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #123 of 5,212
Im guessing the earpads will be way too small like all other ANC-cans I've tested... :frowning2:
Yep, they're small. The PX7 S2 was 56x38mm or so, and the PX8 should be identical.

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #124 of 5,212
Yep, they're small. The PX7 S2 was 56x38mm or so, and the PX8 should be identical.
How does that compare to the px7 s1

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #125 of 5,212
Yeah I'm not paying that price for something that is only going to support basic AptX on my Galaxy Ultra. No LDAC and no AptX Lossless for upcoming phones either. I'll pass for this round of updates.
yep. I believe it's because Samsung is pushing for their own scalable codec. So dumb.

Sep 30, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #126 of 5,212
From what general location did you place an order? I assume the PX8 hasn't been released in the USA for actual shipping as of yet?
I called B&W today with a technical question. The person said it would be several days to a couple of weeks before they knew when they would be shipping. This is USA I think. Edit. They shipped. Eating my words with a glass of Zinfandel😂

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #129 of 5,212
How does that compare to the px7 s1
The S1 is quite a bit bigger. And with aftermarket lambskin pads they're very comfortable.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #130 of 5,212
Oct 1, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #131 of 5,212
"we hope we can start in the next weeks, maybe end of October or beginning of November, but we can`t promise !"

Unfortunate that T+A are having issues getting the new T launched. Originally it was August, then September, then October and now maybe November. They are inevitably going to be compared to the Px8, ML5909, B&O H95 and Focal's Bathys (those launch on October 4th). Would be nice to have them all out in the wild to get some shootout feedback leading into the holidays.

To me, the T has the capability of being a standout not just because of price, as long as the wired performance compares to other non BT wired $1K+ closed backs. If so, it would be offering customers a single solution that can truly shine with an external source DAP/DAC/AMP when they want and the convenience of BT when they are at their most on the go. I'm thinking BT while on the plane or even moving around and getting things done but then paired with an M17 or Mojo2+Cayin C9 when just sitting in one spot for a while inside or out on a porch. I think it would be a mistake for T+A to market them as a primarily a premium BT headphone if the wired performance proves to be that good. Right now we know that the 5909 offers a truly wired, passive analog operation mode (albeit using their proprietary USB-C to 3.5mm cables) and its not yet clear if the Bathys will or not (the Px8 and H95 do not have such a mode).

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #132 of 5,212
Clearly I’m excited about the PX8 headphones. Does anyone think the specs. Of the PX7 S2 vs the PX8 are a bit too similar for the price difference?

https://www.ecoustics.com/products/bowers-wilkins-px8-wireless-anc-headphones/

I do have PX7’s and the PX8s on the way. while build quality/material upgrades are nice, I really am hoping the PX8‘s sound quality justify the price. I’ll also be comparing them to my Master & Dynamics MW75 that I think sound great!

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #135 of 5,212
Waiting some comparisons to the S2s, MW75,H95s , 5909s etc etc..

Hoping to give you guys a comparison to the ML5909. Currently my favorites tied with my blessings. Big caveat obviously that I don't have much in depth exposure to top of the line wired alternatives. Yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back