Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 15, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #706 of 5,215
Hi team, I’ve been following this thread for the last month. It’s been super valuable! So thank you all.

I was hoping to clarify one thing - am I correct in my understanding that connecting a creative W4 to an iPhone via dongle and then streaming to the PX8’s from Tidal, will allow me to listen at AptX quality?
Yes. It would be worthy of testing with your ears, you may be just as happy without the dongle combo and going with AAC from your iPhone.

Oct 15, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #707 of 5,215
I had my mother and father in law try the ML and PX8s and both preferred the PX8. Their test track of choice was summer wind.

My fiancee preferred the ML.

Oct 15, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #709 of 5,215
I just got my black pair of exchange cans in and uh yeah they def look better to me lol
I also received my PX8 yesterday and I am delighted with them. I will tell my impressions when I have listened to different types of music but the first impressions are very good. The build quality is unbeatable. Very comfortable.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 9.20.12 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 9.20.12 AM.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 9.20.12 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-15 at 9.20.12 AM (1).jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #711 of 5,215
Are the px8 fun,exiting and musical? Because when you want to use anc,its not much of that analyctical listening you want to do,since its propably noisy around you.Its more about enjoing the music. 😊
Just because everyone here keeps calling them fun and exciting doesn’t mean they aren’t analytical in their own way… They are very detailed as well. It’s just the sound signature skews exciting I can still pick out everything.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #712 of 5,215
Man, keep listing to these PX8 wiht a big grin… Morgen James Dream On, PMJ Don‘t stop believin, KLF, MUSE new album Will of the Peopple, War Pigs, Supper’s Ready and... and …. these are a true B&W headphone again after all those years off waiting. They really excel at Drums, EGuitars and female Voices…

And they need a burn in to smoth up at the bottom end. First had to dial back the bass by to points as it was a bit to stiff but now dialled them back.

B

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #713 of 5,215
Man, keep listing to these PX8 wiht a big grin… Morgen James Dream On, PMJ Don‘t stop believin, KLF, MUSE new album Will of the Peopple, War Pigs, Supper’s Ready and... and …. these are a true B&W headphone again after all those years off waiting. They really excel at Drums, EGuitars and female Voices…

And they need a burn in to smoth up at the bottom end. First had to dial back the bass by to points as it was a bit to stiff but now dialled them back.

B
Hello fellow PMJ enjoyer lol I’ve seen them 3x in concert including the original tour many many moons ago where Scott literally shouted out to the crowd to give him piano songs to play, and everyone just shouted out random songs, that he just on the Spot put them together into a medley, and it was insane

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #714 of 5,215
I have 2 days now exclusively using the Bathys. And before I returning the PX8 on Monday, and because I see now the more nice black colour model is available in Europe, I'm doing one last test between Bathys and PX8 in case I changing my opinion. This time, in difference with first comparison some days ago, I'm using EQ in both headphones for my preference in sound. I using 10 different test tracks.

This time, the decision is little more quickly than before, in all the 10 tracks, even with EQ, I'm preferring the Bathys, so I will returning the tan colour PX8 and not ordering the black.

One more thing I testing is the transparency mode that I using more often than ANC. Here again the Bathys is clearly better, with really almost 100% natural volume of the sounds around. The PX8 is more quiet, similar like transparency mode in ML 5909, and this isn't exactly good for my necessities where I want playing music in mid volume but still hearing what's happening outside. With 5909 (and now PX8) I must playing music more quiet than I want so I can hearing the outside noises well.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #715 of 5,215
I have 2 days now exclusively using the Bathys. And before I returning the PX8 on Monday, and because I see now the more nice black colour model is available in Europe, I'm doing one last test between Bathys and PX8 in case I changing my opinion. This time, in difference with first comparison some days ago, I'm using EQ in both headphones for my preference in sound. I using 10 different test tracks.

This time, the decision is little more quickly than before, in all the 10 tracks, even with EQ, I'm preferring the Bathys, so I will returning the tan colour PX8 and not ordering the black.

One more thing I testing is the transparency mode that I using more often than ANC. Here again the Bathys is clearly better, with really almost 100% natural volume of the sounds around. The PX8 is more quiet, similar like transparency mode in ML 5909, and this isn't exactly good for my necessities where I want playing music in mid volume but still hearing what's happening outside. With 5909 (and now PX8) I must playing music more quiet than I want so I can hearing the outside noises well.
What were your EQ settings for each model?

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #716 of 5,215
What were your EQ settings for each model?
Bathys:
-1dB, -2dB, +2dB, +3dB, +1dB (5 options in 5 bands EQ)

PX8:
Bass -2dB, treble +2dB (only 2 options, bass and treble)

Oct 15, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #717 of 5,215
I prefer px8 to Bathys. Detail in the Bathys chat.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #720 of 5,215
Can anyone comment on if these cans would be good to use in the gym? Like, would they easily fall off the head if you're doing a lot quick movements or running/jumping around a lot?
Probably not good for that use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back