Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 10, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #466 of 5,212
Haha i play violin there, funny, didn't think it was that good a soundšŸ˜…šŸ˜€
Time out, you were in that session? Oh well I defer to your expertise I just enjoyed the mix because I can hear every instrument, which is rare in these orchestrations, often one section (woodwinds or the flutes sadly) usually get frowned out

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #469 of 5,212
Time out, you were in that session? Oh well I defer to your expertise I just enjoyed the mix because I can hear every instrument, which is rare in these orchestrations, often one section (woodwinds or the flutes sadly) usually get frowned out
They did this in two not long days during pandemic, first time so many got together live, i guess it captures the live feeling wellšŸ˜ƒšŸ‘šŸŽ»šŸ„‚

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #470 of 5,212
love to see the comparison with bathys ļ¼thx

hereā€™s my brief comparison of px8 and px7s2:

unlike the review i shared before, i think px8 pretty much better than px7s2 in every aspects.

All the image is bigger and smoother, so some of recording may be sounds little bit not as transparent as those of px7s2, but i'd say besides that, all the sound comes from px8 is richer, more real and puncher.

The highs of px8 even a little bit brighter on px8, but like i said before, sound signature of px7s2 is thinner, so some of records may cause the feeling that px7s2 is brighter. as for sound stage, i think they are identical in terms of left and right, but px8 have a little bit more depth.

~ This soundtrack (ꗠē”±é¢‚ by Howie Leeļ¼‰you can fell the highs go straight into the sky and bass shake your head! but you just can't have the same feeling on px7s2.

I had a discussion with some audiophile about b&w headphone, we all think their sound stage is really not huge, but the spacious they present is something far beyond the sound stage.

i like the sound of b&w, warm\rich\natural\spacious. so i never like beoplay & AirPods, etc.

s2 is a great headphone, but when I compared them side by side, some records sound digital on px7s2!

i never think i would use the word "digital" on px7s2, but that's the result, px8's sound signature is fantastic.

I've been an audiophile since junior high, and I do think you need some time and experience to feel the true liveness of b&w's sound, but once you really feel it, you will appreciate it for good.

btw Px8 is definitely more comfortable than s2, itā€™s strange because px8 is heavier.

Maybe had some grammar mistake, forget them. : )

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #471 of 5,212
love to see the comparison with bathys ļ¼thx

hereā€™s my brief comparison of px8 and px7s2:

unlike the review i shared before, i think px8 pretty much better than px7s2 in every aspects.

All the image is bigger and smoother, so some of recording may be sounds little bit not as transparent as those of px7s2, but i'd say besides that, all the sound comes from px8 is richer, more real and puncher.

The highs of px8 even a little bit brighter on px8, but like i said before, sound signature of px7s2 is thinner, so some of records may cause the feeling that px7s2 is brighter. as for sound stage, i think they are identical in terms of left and right, but px8 have a little bit more depth.

~ This soundtrack (ꗠē”±é¢‚ by Howie Leeļ¼‰you can fell the highs go straight into the sky and bass shake your head! but you just can't have the same feeling on px7s2.

I had a discussion with some audiophile about b&w headphone, we all think their sound stage is really not huge, but the spacious they present is something far beyond the sound stage.

i like the sound of b&w, warm\rich\natural\spacious. so i never like beoplay & AirPods, etc.

s2 is a great headphone, but when I compared them side by side, some records sound digital on px7s2!

i never think i would use the word "digital" on px7s2, but that's the result, px8's sound signature is fantastic.

I've been an audiophile since junior high, and I do think you need some time and experience to feel the true liveness of b&w's sound, but once you really feel it, you will appreciate it for good.

btw Px8 is definitely more comfortable than s2, itā€™s strange because px8 is heavier.

Maybe had some grammar mistake, forget them. : )

@Yinsfleur thank you for sharing!!!
It seems that B&W nail it, need to sell my PX7 S2 quickly šŸ˜…

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #473 of 5,212
I ordered the PX8 and will use it with my iPhone 14 Pro(AAC) format.

one question..

if I then connect the PX8 to my Macbook via the USB C cable and the music source is Apple Music, which is the Apple Lossless format.
Is the sound audibly better? šŸŽ¶
Iā€™ve been switching back and forth all day between cabled and not cabled and itā€™s a bit better but I canā€™t say itā€™s night and day. They did a great job tuning them

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #475 of 5,212

Attachments

• B0866DFC-6B2B-45B1-8549-2B718D507709.jpeg
    B0866DFC-6B2B-45B1-8549-2B718D507709.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 10, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #477 of 5,212
Many have used the word ā€œnaturalā€ a lot in impressions and I agree completely. Voices to me, either or male or female, have a body to them and sound very human. I think this along with the punchy and impactful mid-bass and full-bodied mids lends to a very nice-sounding package and a pleasant listen. Itā€™s so very addictive and enjoyable.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #478 of 5,212
Many have used the word ā€œnaturalā€ a lot in impressions and I agree completely. Voices to me, either or male or female, have a body to them and sound very human. I think this along with the punchy and impactful mid-bass and full-bodied mids lends to a very nice-sounding package and a pleasant listen. Itā€™s so very addictive and enjoyable.
Thatā€™s a really good way of putting it. I can hear the vocals as they are. They donā€™t sound processed or unnatural. Iā€™ve heard more breaths, cracks, imperfections, and little extremely small growls in voices that I have never heard in a pair of anc cans before these.

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #479 of 5,212
What pandemic? lol at least in my area (Tennessee) they stopped caring in like June of 2020. Was interesting. Anyways Iā€™m not opening that can of worms. Iā€™m just glad the world is reopening fully finally.

haha as a dr that hurt my soul, but at least the worst is behind us with respect to that. Instead the universe gave us Russia-Ukraine to cause angst hahaha

Oct 10, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #480 of 5,212
haha as a dr that hurt my soul, but at least the worst is behind us with respect to that. Instead the universe gave us Russia-Ukraine to cause angst hahaha
Which is why I bought Px8ā€™s lol the world is soul crushing and I want to escape into the sonic nirvana of these magnificent cans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back