Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Jan 31, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #3,076 of 5,160
I completely agree. I wasn't advocating not buying nice headphones or chairs. I was defending them as things don't always have to be value for money to make them enjoyable to have.
I think it should always be about if you personally feel that you get enough personal value/enjoyment/satisfaction out of the money you spend and the product you receive. It's not so much about whether product XY is worth the money alone. For example, I personally think my 2700€ MacBook Pro gives me exactly that value, that productivity and enjoyment while using it even though many people will probably say that it is a vastly overpriced laptop. It's all relative. In my specific case, I just meant that I had the feeling to get a better experience and more overall (again personal) value with the M4 in comparison to the three times more expensive Px8 - that's all. That does not mean that the Px8 are noth worth the price for others of course. And nothing wrong with that if that's the case :)

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #3,077 of 5,160
I think it should always be about if you personally feel that you get enough personal value/enjoyment/satisfaction out of the money you spend and the product you receive. It's not so much about whether product XY is worth the money alone. For example, I personally think my 2700€ MacBook Pro gives me exactly that value, that productivity and enjoyment while using it even though many people will probably say that it is a vastly overpriced laptop. It's all relative. In my specific case, I just meant that I had the feeling to get a better experience and more overall (again personal) value with the M4 in comparison to the three times more expensive Px8 - that's all. That does not mean that the Px8 are noth worth the price for others of course. And nothing wrong with that if that's the case :)
Agree.
I think to the general population, most of us lurking around these forums are borderline insane for spending more than 100-200$ on a pair of headphones.
But to me, it is all about how much you use them. My PX8 stay on my head 4-5 hours per day, every day. So if they are ever so slightly more comfy, or with a sound signature that I ´prefer just a little bit over most others, they are worth it. In fact, if I broke or lost mine I would probably buy new ones immediately.

That said, I definitely don't tell my wife the price of my toys.

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #3,078 of 5,160
Agree.
I think to the general population, most of us lurking around these forums are borderline insane for spending more than 100-200$ on a pair of headphones.
But to me, it is all about how much you use them. My PX8 stay on my head 4-5 hours per day, every day. So if they are ever so slightly more comfy, or with a sound signature that I ´prefer just a little bit over most others, they are worth it. In fact, if I broke or lost mine I would probably buy new ones immediately.

That said, I definitely don't tell my wife the price of my toys.
Yeah, for two years I felt that the Airpods Max were worth every penny of the 607€ I once paid for them, so that's that.

That said, I've just purchased the new 2nd gen Beyerdynamic Xelento Remote, so yeaaah. I'm sure they will be worth the price, haha.

Jan 31, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #3,080 of 5,160
Would Px8 owners who have had the Px7 S2 feel that the Px7 S2 is an appropriate headphone for a girlfriend/spouse, or is it not worth the $375 USD?
It is definitely “worth“ its price tag, if said girlfriend appreciates the fit and sound signature. In my experience, however, most of my comfort issues with headphones are nonexistent for my wife due to her smaller head. Also the Px7s2 is an objectively comfortable headphone, almost as good as PX8 in this regard. And much, much classier looking than all things Bose/Sony etc.

Jan 31, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #3,081 of 5,160
As long as she has small ears and a smaller head it should be fine. I have both and I find the px7 s2 to be very comfortable. Well worth the money from a sound perspective

Jan 31, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #3,084 of 5,160
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #3,085 of 5,160
Feb 1, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #3,087 of 5,160
Another comparison video review:

I enjoyed that. Again seems like they all excel In different areas and it comes down to which of those is more important to the individual. I'm keen to check the Bathys out now just to compare with my PX8. Definitely not interested in changing them as I'm more than happy but keen to hear the different soundstages etc.

Feb 1, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #3,088 of 5,160
I enjoyed that. Again seems like they all excel In different areas and it comes down to which of those is more important to the individual. I'm keen to check the Bathys out now just to compare with my PX8. Definitely not interested in changing them as I'm more than happy but keen to hear the different soundstages etc.
Wow she thinks the Bathys does vocals really well. Interesting, pretty different to my opinion, I think if timbre is important for people in terms of vocals this won't be true. Imo the biggest weakness of Focal headphones is timbre. So interesting she sees this as a strong point. I personally much prefer vocals on PX8 but prefer the Bathys treble region, so opposite to her. Just goes to show how variable we all our and in the end..You gotta listen for yourself

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #3,089 of 5,160
Hello! I just started my journey down the deep rabbit hole of hifi and have spent many hours geeking out and learning a lot since I bought my pair of Px8s. Now I have some questions for the more experienced audiophile. I recently found out that they support 24bit/48kHz with their internal DAC. Now I wonder, if I connect it to an external DAC supporting 24/192 would the signal bypass the internal DAC since it's already converted?

Also, I'm an iPhone user, would the Lightning to USB-C (male) cable be able to transfer digital audio signals to the Px8 internal DAC? Or would I have to go for the lightning to USB-C (female) that is needed for the Creative BT-W4 and such?

Thank you for helping a noob out :)

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #3,090 of 5,160
Hello! I just started my journey down the deep rabbit hole of hifi and have spent many hours geeking out and learning a lot since I bought my pair of Px8s. Now I have some questions for the more experienced audiophile. I recently found out that they support 24bit/48kHz with their internal DAC. Now I wonder, if I connect it to an external DAC supporting 24/192 would the signal bypass the internal DAC since it's already converted?

Also, I'm an iPhone user, would the Lightning to USB-C (male) cable be able to transfer digital audio signals to the Px8 internal DAC? Or would I have to go for the lightning to USB-C (female) that is needed for the Creative BT-W4 and such?

Thank you for helping a noob out :)
I think if you might be "double DACing" in that scenario as there is a DAC in the lightning plug I believe. I might be wrong though. USB-C to USB-C on the PX-8 is straight through for sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back