Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 3, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #183 of 5,212
I hear you, but I don't want to walk around with more than one device. Too much hassle, bulk, weight, etc. Also why I don't really have portable headphone amps/dacs, they just end up gathering dust. Also why I'm still pissed most high-end phones don't have a headphone jack nowadays. Such a dumb move, and you know it was purely to start pushing wireless audio so they can make more money.

Oh agreed whenever I'm out and about doing work etc, I just use my phone and a wireless solution. In those settings I'm not really a hundred percent listening to music intently and modern wireless solutions are great.

But if I'm at home, on a train, or on a walk, I'll just use my DAP and leave my phone in my bag or at home.

Oct 3, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #192 of 5,212
That color choice is stunning. I went dark/black worried about staining. But that lighter color really show off the design and high end materials!
I too worried about the staining but at last I still picked Tan, it just looks gorgeous, these gadgets are destined to be used , if it gets dirty so be it , black is just so dull and the Tan just stand out like a fashionable item, besides black just look so similar to the px7 in a glance.

Oct 3, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #193 of 5,212
Could somebody compare them to the original PX? I still have them as my street cans. I bought them after the massive price drop, and for what I paid, I like them. I may be due for an upgrade, so I would love a comparison. Thank you!
Had some free time today to do a comparison and it was much faster than what I guessed it would be. I started with the PX8s and then listened to the same tracks on the PX and you could tell right away that the PXs were the older baby sibling. The music definition is much cleaner/clearer than the PXs along with the mids being more pronounced on the PX8s. I actually didn't want to listen to music on the PXs much after a few songs (and I have spent a lot of time enjoying the PXs in the past). Along with the clarity, the comfort and quality is much better on the PX8s. I have the latter edition PXs that don't quite clamp as hard as the originals, but would can definitely notice the difference in clamping along with the softer, more comfortable ear pads. Let me know if you need me to follow up with a specific track or if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #195 of 5,212
They look even better in a "real" environment than the photos from B&W imo.
Still debating between the S2 and these but that color combo is gorgeous.
I think you need to hear it to decide
I’ve been listening in a shop with qc45,700,xm5,px7s2 for more than an hour before I pulled the trigger on px8, it does sound better
The closest to the px8 Is px7, but px8 is much more open and has a better bass, mid is clearer, if you compare both at the same time you will know.
I’d say s2 is good too but 8 is just better, they do cost a lot more though so that’s why I say hear it yourself and decide if you want to put more money for the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back