Bowers and Wilkins PX - anyone long term owners have opinions on them?
Feb 22, 2023 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

codythelucario

Head-Fier
I just got the PX for my birthday two weeks ago. The sound signature was kinda muddy but I'm wondering if i gave these headphones a fair chance considering the amount of people both praising it and recommending against it.

I also did end up EQing it with AutoEQ on my S22 Ultra and the Peace APO app on my Zephyrus laptop, to the harman curve, and they sounded much better tuning wise

Just wondering, did the sound ever improve over time? should I give it more time to burn in to my brain to hear the quality of the sound?

If not, should I go ahead and buy the Momentum 3's that are $40 more than the PX, which I bought for about 200?

Feb 25, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 4
I love them. I like the comfort - the best cans to match my small head. I found them a little boomy/airy in the bass. But the mid is decent and not too harsh on the treble.
I also had the Sennheiser Momentum 3s which I sold to get the PX. I dont regret that.
Acutally, Ive been using the Momentum In-ear 2s for a while now. Wondering if I should upgrade to the 3.
Similarly, the new PX model looks like its an improvement on the originals, but for me probably not enough to justify a trade-in for me

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 4
to me, I guess it sounds a bit veiled compared to the sennehisers especially with ANC on. I also find the bass to be boomy as well but since i mostly listen to modern rap it actually benefitted the music here.

I don't like how the ANC degrades sound quality but for $200 NEW and sold by Amazon i can't complain tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back