Bourbon or Scotch
Nov 10, 2002 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 108
I'm a JD person, I love it, but it's my primary because I can't afford my favorite all the time, which is Chevas Regal. Only drink from bottle or an 8oz glass with ice cubes.
smily_headphones1.gif

*high fives miller*

Nov 10, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 108
Quote:

Originally posted by x1lexure
It really makes sense to drink something that can destroy your liver/life even in moderation. There's no such thing as a responsible drinker.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INANE CONTRIBUTION TO THIS THREAD, YOU HAVE SURELY SAVED ME FROM A LIFE OF DT'S AND CIRRHOSIS.

Ahem. As far as the poll goes, I can't really say I like any of the brown liquors. Doesn't anyone else shudder at the sweet yet bitter flavour? If we're talking hard booze, I'll go for gin.

Nov 10, 2002 at 9:45 PM Post #20 of 108
i used to think i liked scotch, but now i just think i am allergic to it.

for me the choice is easy:
meyers jamaican rum
italian or french wine
german or czech pilsner beer

rarely all three at the same time.
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 108
Elipsis-

Thank you for firmly stating your beliefs, but let me just tell you something. If you truely took to heart what I had to say, and realistically looked at the facts you would realize. (I believe.) That drinking liquor or any alcoholic drink and doing drugs for that matter is not a smart choice. Nor is it a well thought out choice. I will probably never change you or others minds because you are so deeply rooted to your beliefs, but I have to try. Having had a alcoholic grandma and hearing all the stories and facts has changed me to a point where I have to reach out. Drinking is taught to you by your peers and family. As a teen I have realized that. And I'm trying to take a stand and stop it. Yes yes I know all of you are adults and can make your own choices...

Nov 10, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #22 of 108
Good to know all those tax dollars for the D.A.R.E. program are working.

wink.gif

ok,
erix

Nov 10, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #24 of 108
x1,
sorry bro, but your objections smell of a thread crap and/or hijack. of course you get to express your opinions, and i'm sorry about your grandma. but people drink for all kinds of reasons: to be social, to get rid of stress, for the taste, peer pressure, self-destructiveness, and yes, alcoholism. personally the culture of abstinance in the u.s. i believe leads to more excess for those who choose to drink or do drugs. if we in the u.s. had a more balanced approach to intoxication i think there would be less abuse. people are simply taught to abstain or binge, and moderation is ignored as a myth. it isn't.

Nov 11, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #25 of 108
If I was going to start a new thread I would but I'm not going to. You don't have to be sorry about my Grandma. It was not your fault.

All those thing you name...they do not outway the cons of drinking. You can't make an arguement with that kind of junk.

And I just wish people would acctually look at someones opinion and take it seriously. I have. I thought clearheadedly about what everyone has said and came up with something against every point. I believe that no one has yet to do that to my point correct?

Nov 11, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #26 of 108
And about abstinence.

You think that people actually take such things seiously? It's always moderation, moderation. If abstinence leads to excess then shouldn't moderation too?

I'm done now. I'l read what you write but won't respond if that makes you happy. Because none of you are taking a serious look at what I'm saying, instead you throw me off as a thread crapper.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CRAPPED SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Nov 11, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #27 of 108
Quote:

If I was going to start a new thread I would but I'm not going to. You don't have to be sorry about my Grandma. It was not your fault.

All those thing you name...they do not outway the cons of drinking. You can't make an arguement with that kind of junk.

And I just wish people would acctually look at someones opinion and take it seriously. I have. I thought clearheadedly about what everyone has said and came up with something against every point. I believe that no one has yet to do that to my point correct?

I'm sorry I started this topic. Would the world be a better place without booze? Probaly. So if the moderator wants to kill this thread feel free.

Nov 11, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #28 of 108
Quote:

i think i made my point. if you don't want to listen fine, but take your crap elsewhere.

Nov 11, 2002 at 1:11 AM Post #29 of 108
Quote:

Elipsis-

Thank you for firmly stating your beliefs, but let me just tell you something. If you truely took to heart what I had to say, and realistically looked at the facts you would realize. (I believe.) That drinking liquor or any alcoholic drink and doing drugs for that matter is not a smart choice. Nor is it a well thought out choice. I will probably never change you or others minds because you are so deeply rooted to your beliefs, but I have to try. Having had a alcoholic grandma and hearing all the stories and facts has changed me to a point where I have to reach out. Drinking is taught to you by your peers and family. As a teen I have realized that. And I'm trying to take a stand and stop it. Yes yes I know all of you are adults and can make your own choices...

I'm not really concerned with what you think about alcohol. Don't thread crap, and I might take your opinion more seriously. If the thread originator had asked for opinions on drinking alcohol per se, rather than comparing two different types of alcohol, you would be welcome to express your opinion as such. As it stands, you're hijacking a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back