Bought Ultrasone Signature Pro yesterday, still not confident
Dec 4, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 18
While I still find my Sig Pro too prone of sibilance (an no, it did not change with usage), I found it to be rather nice when driven by the V281 (I guess the V200 would also work well). Nevertheless to me the T5p is much more refined and overall more enjoyable. Plus its more comfortable...

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #17 of 18
  While I still find my Sig Pro too prone of sibilance (an no, it did not change with usage), I found it to be rather nice when driven by the V281 (I guess the V200 would also work well). Nevertheless to me the T5p is much more refined and overall more enjoyable. Plus its more comfortable...

No matter which brand of headphone, anytime someone tells me that an expensive headphone like the Signature Pro is prone to sibilance, I automatically think there is probably something else wrong in the audio chain or maybe the headphone has not been properly burned-in.  If you haven't tried another amp, I suggest doing so.  Why don't you see how the Signature Pro sounds plugged directly into your stereo radio or television with no (extra) headphone amp involved? 

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #18 of 18
  No matter which brand of headphone, anytime someone tells me that an expensive headphone like the Signature Pro is prone to sibilance, I automatically think there is probably something else wrong in the audio chain or maybe the headphone has not been properly burned-in.  If you haven't tried another amp, I suggest doing so.  Why don't you see how the Signature Pro sounds plugged directly into your stereo radio or television with no (extra) headphone amp involved? 

If you take a look at my inventory listing you might deduct, that I tried them with not just one amp and DAC. While I do not believe in burn-in (except brain burn-in) it has had enough hours of use. And did not change a bit. Still missing that airy feeling of good treble resolution while boosting the midrange and giving the upper midrange a slightly metallic touch. Its my only headphone exhibiting those problems, so no: I don't think there's anything wrong with my chain. And as a lover of Beyerdynamic headphones I don't think I'm overly sensitive to treble...

Point of my posting was: the best pairing I've found so far is with the V281. I own neither a radio nor a TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back