Bought a NEW Shure SE215 for 37$ from china
Nov 5, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #46 of 91
  I'm thinking you mean triad mafia is italian

Mafia is the general term, mostly used worldwide, to define the clans that belong to the organized crime.

Not necessarely must be italian... Probably you make confusion because of the movies and because the word it's italian! :p

Anyway, italian mafia or chinese triad, doesn't matter... i would recommend to change the ear tips just for safety purpose :)

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #47 of 91
Sorry guys... I don't want disappoint all of you... 

But the SE215 available on chinese websites like Aliexpress etc.. at the low price of 30$ are just high quality counterfeit models.

However there are good news...

There is a korean guy that made a review + comparison between the counterfeit model of aliexpress and the legit SE215.

http://blog.naver.com/bumblebee08/220488126483

In short (for what i understood with google translator) he said that the counterfeit model sounds practically the same to the legit SE215!!!

And the only complains are about minors aesthetic imperfections imperfections related to the lack of QC (quality control).

For example the L and R printing is a little bit "faded" or the serial number imprinted inside of the IEM is missing or the ear tips that are not made of good quality as the original and in the end he make notice that the sealing of the IEM case is not perfect and bubbles can be noticed on the plastic surfaces (classic of bad sealing).

He posted really detailed pictures between the differences that make everything more easy to understand even if the review it's in korean...

Anyway for those of who are interested i copy and paste here the review he released in english on aliexpress:

Review rating - 4 stars of 5: ""Product is nice, but I think the condition of this earphone is random according to feedback ratings. Mine has no problem, but there is some scratches, exactly like an used product. If you seriously care about the condition of earphone, not recommended. Sound it self is almost same comparing to genuine one. But there is some difference comparing to the genuine ones. To have more information, go to http://blog.naver.com/bumblebee08/220488126483 I wrote detailed review of it.""

Basically what he is saying is that when you get the product it looks nothing alike the real one but he was shocked that the sound quality sound like the real one and the tips when you put the tips inside out it has some numbers and can tell its fake and about the 1 year warranty it's basically a lie lol. The case that comes with it looks very real but if you look closely you can tell its fake and all the Manuel and everything looks real. He also said its fake so its prob going to break very easily.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #48 of 91
  Sorry guys... I don't want disappoint all of you... 
But the SE215 available on chinese websites like Aliexpress etc.. at the low price of 30$ are just high quality counterfeit models.

However there are good news...
There is a korean guy that made a review + comparison between the counterfeit model of aliexpress and the legit SE215.

http://blog.naver.com/bumblebee08/220488126483

In short (for what i understood with google translator) he said that the counterfeit model sounds practically the same to the legit SE215!!!

And the only complains are about minors aesthetic imperfections imperfections related to the lack of QC (quality control).
For example the L and R printing is a little bit "faded" or the serial number imprinted inside of the IEM is missing or the ear tips that are not made of good quality as the original and in the end he make notice that the sealing of the IEM case is not perfect and bubbles can be noticed on the plastic surfaces (classic of bad sealing).
He posted really detailed pictures between the differences that make everything more easy to understand even if the review it's in korean...

Anyway for those of who are interested i copy and paste here the review he released in english on aliexpress:

Review rating - 4 stars of 5: ""Product is nice, but I think the condition of this earphone is random according to feedback ratings. Mine has no problem, but there is some scratches, exactly like an used product. If you seriously care about the condition of earphone, not recommended. Sound it self is almost same comparing to genuine one. But there is some difference comparing to the genuine ones. To have more information, go to http://blog.naver.com/bumblebee08/220488126483 I wrote detailed review of it.""

OMG !!!
i cant believe, i bought one of these for 120$ because i thought that they were genuine. but i bought them from another online store not aliexpress, so plz be careful .
i wanna kill my self :D
if you guys have any question about them i'm glad to be of help .
and plz never use anything fake or counterfeited specially those witch can harm your body specially ears .
i'll order a new one from a legit store .

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #49 of 91
  OMG !!!
i cant believe, i bought one of these for 120$ because i thought that they were genuine. but i bought them from another online store not aliexpress, so plz be careful .
i wanna kill my self :D
if you guys have any question about them i'm glad to be of help .
and plz never use anything fake or counterfeited specially those witch can harm your body specially ears .
i'll order a new one from a legit store .

Wait, are you really serious?

You would buy original model and spend another cca 100 bucks, for same sounding earphones?!
As he said in korean review they sound as legit. Even I confirmed that (subjective based on other reviews) with my review.

The whole point of making this thread I made is to help other spend less than on original (which I think is overpriced).
Why would you buy another same sounding pair or earphones (for bigger price), you are not eating these counterfeit earphones so it will have carcinogenic effect on you, and I doubt that drivers are radioactive (hahaha) so it could hurt you in any way...

These earphones I bought, I have been sleeping with them in my ears for quite some time, and I dont see any issues with them so I can confirm they are even sturdy as hell, and sound good like legit one.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #50 of 91
  Wait, are you really serious?

You would buy original model and spend another cca 100 bucks, for same sounding earphones?!
As he said in korean review they sound as legit. Even I confirmed that (subjective based on other reviews) with my review.

The whole point of making this thread I made is to help other spend less than on original (which I think is overpriced).
Why would you buy another same sounding pair or earphones (for bigger price), you are not eating these counterfeit earphones so it will have carcinogenic effect on you, and I doubt that drivers are radioactive (hahaha) so it could hurt you in any way...

These earphones I bought, I have been sleeping with them in my ears for quite some time, and I dont see any issues with them so I can confirm they are even sturdy as hell, and sound good like legit one.

(I'm sorry if my english sounds bad but is not my first language, i will try to help myself with the translator)

Your comment is quite "naive" and funny... To see the effects of being in contact with toxic materials may vary on several factors, it could take months or years, as i said depends on factors... a lot of factors..
For the common good i want to clarify one thing, if you are not a doctor or a person with a deep interest in medicine matter is better to abstain instead of write misleading comments.
I will not go into clinical details because it's not the right place, it's off topic and it would be an annoying comment... But:

You don't have to EAT something to develop dermal disorders, carcinogenic effects, hormonal imbalances etc.. Direct skin contact can be enough.
And it can be worst if the "suspicious object" have direct contact with the mucosa, like the internal ear canal.
Plastics materials (as the ear tips) are treated with phthalates, creosote etc... which can cause hormonal imbalances if during the process of softening the plastic quantity is not controlled...

And the thing i said in the previous comment about to avoid generally colored products (in particular black colored products) from "unknown/suspicious sources" it's because are treated with highly toxic material as formaldehyde resin or PBDE, PBB and who knows what else...

However the point is: From the moment that is NOT a legit product and at 99% it could be made with harmful/ toxic materials, i recommend to buy for just few bucks original and safe ear tips.

And to be honest i don't quite understand your point of view.. Who wants buy cheap IEM's that sounds good if after don't have enough money to appreciate the sound of it by using the right equipment?

I don't think that buy legit and safe ear tips for 10 bucks can damage a person economically.

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #52 of 91
(I'm sorry if my english sounds bad but is not my first language, i will try to help myself with the translator)

Your comment is quite "naive" and funny... To see the effects of being in contact with toxic materials may vary on several factors, it could take months or years, as i said depends on factors... a lot of factors..

For the common good i want to clarify one thing, if you are not a doctor or a person with a deep interest in medicine matter is better to abstain instead of write misleading comments.

I will not go into clinical details because it's not the right place, it's off topic and it would be an annoying comment... But:

You don't have to EAT something to develop dermal disorders, carcinogenic effects, hormonal imbalances etc.. Direct skin contact can be enough.

And it can be worst if the "suspicious object" have direct contact with the mucosa, like the internal ear canal.

Plastics materials (as the ear tips) are treated with phthalates, creosote etc... which can cause hormonal imbalances if during the process of softening the plastic quantity is not controlled...

And the thing i said in the previous comment about to avoid generally colored products (in particular black colored products) from "unknown/suspicious sources" it's because are treated with highly toxic material as formaldehyde resin or PBDE, PBB and who knows what else...

However the point is: From the moment that is NOT a legit product and at 99% it could be made with harmful/ toxic materials, i recommend to buy for just few bucks original and safe ear tips.

And to be honest i don't quite understand your point of view.. Who wants buy cheap IEM's that sounds good if after don't have enough money to appreciate the sound of it by using the right equipment?

I don't think that buy legit and safe ear tips for 10 bucks can damage a person economically.

Actually if you are expert in this I agree with you.
But then again mister MD Matriva if you what are you talking and educated in this field please do prove me wrong 100% and post some emipirical evidence of bad carcenogenic tips hurting ears.

I dont want to fight and I believe you are right at some point.

But houssin wrote about buying new whole earphones not tips for in ear.
So that makes no sense if you already have same sounding earphones for less price, thats the point.

And that so inappropriate of you saying that you need exspensive DAP for that anyway.
Some of us are students, and 50$ dollars means so much if I want to gather money for DAP.
And thats why it is inappropriate because whole thread is about how to get overpriced earphones for cheaper price so you can save money for DAP.

Ps. Based on my knowledge inner ear is where is hearing apperature, ear cannal is middle ear area.
Also for carcogenic material, we are using heavy metals or other carcogenic material every day in our hands but yet nothing happens to us, we even eat carcogenic food with carcogenic colours but yet "nothing" happens in the short run.

Edit: And why it is 99% that is made of toxic materials, you have statistics of all china illegal dealers?

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #53 of 91
Finally after an agonizing wait for 3 weeks, my aliexpress Shure SE215 special edition finally arrived. First impression: they are flipping awesome and worth every quid I paid for.

If my music memory is correct, they sound exactly like my friend's 10000% genuine Shure SE215 Special Edition... the quantity of bass and impact, the low frequency rumble, and highs all corroborate with other SE215 Special Edition reviews. These are indeed quite fun sounding earphones, especially when compared to my every-day use Etymotic ER4.

The quality is extremely good, even down to the cable. The cable quality is excellent, no microphonics at all. 

If I got time, I will provide a better review with pics after I have finished my job applications and numerical tests.

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #54 of 91
Finally after an agonizing wait for 3 weeks, my aliexpress Shure SE215 special edition finally arrived. First impression: they are flipping awesome and worth every quid I paid for.

If my music memory is correct, they sound exactly like my friend's 10000% genuine Shure SE215 Special Edition... the quantity of bass and impact, the low frequency rumble, and highs all corroborate with other SE215 Special Edition reviews. These are indeed quite fun sounding earphones, especially when compared to my every-day use Etymotic ER4.

The quality is extremely good, even down to the cable. The cable quality is excellent, no microphonics at all. 

If I got time, I will provide a better review with pics after I have finished my job applications and numerical tests.

Yes thank you very much for confirming this.
Now I am sure earphones are 95% same sound wise as original and worth that price for quality over overpriced shure.
Thanks for confirming this to me and other people that want good sound for less price and for saving their money.

I am happy that thread will actually help other people save money.

Only thing that is disputable is ear tips which, could be toxic/not good for ears.
So all in all it is a excellent buy (to save money) and would recommend to all people, with a hint on eartips.

And of course there is no warranty for them beacuse they come from china mafia/illegal reseller.
But I doubt you will need it because of their good build.

My conclusion for all buyers:

Pros: If you want Shure SE215 sound and their quality build for less price (cheaper than original cca. 50$ or more) and save for DAP, go for it you wont regret it.

Cons: ear tips could be of non QC build meaning they could have some harmful materials.
And of course you dont get warranty.

Cheers guys :)

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #55 of 91
blink.gif

guys! , are you kidding me ???!!
anything that is copy of an original product is absolutely rubbish ! doesn't matter how good it is
and in this case should say that i tested both of them the legit se215 spe and the chines one and i'm saying those sound are completely different !!!
yea i accept that the chines one has good sound but you never ever cannot get the original,engineered,detailed sound form a piece of rubbish that is maked to steal your money not to enjoying of listening to musics 
i don't know if it worth what it cost but it sound like my galaxy s6's earbud.
sorry i should go
biggrin.gif
 i'll come back for more explaining .
have fun ... 

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #56 of 91
:blink:
guys! , are you kidding me ???!!
anything that is copy of an original product is absolutely rubbish ! doesn't matter how good it is
and in this case should say that i tested both of them the legit se215 spe and the chines one and i'm saying those sound are completely different !!!
yea i accept that the chines one has good sound but you never ever cannot get the original,engineered,detailed sound form a piece of rubbish that is maked to steal your money not to enjoying of listening to musics 
i don't know if it worth what it cost but it sound like my galaxy s6's earbud.
sorry i should go :D  i'll come back for more explaining .
have fun ... 

Thats really bold statement and straight forward, but maybe you could provide any details regarding that anything that is copy is piece of rubbish ( which is not quite true)
And any details that you can provide would be good so we can discuss it and make some conclusions.

Nov 10, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #57 of 91
Guys, can you please stop arguing over this. It's like a game of table tennis lol.

If you can afford originals buy the originals.

If you can't afford to buy the original, try these, there is always a risk in doing it, consider the risk, if you think it's ok then maybe best to get new original earpieces and upgrade to the original full set when you can afford.

Now can we please get back to reading about people who have these and what they think about them ............... please?

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #58 of 91
as a person who tested both models I write my conclusion below (as i told you in my last post) :
it depends on you and your choice to what will you buy and how much will you spend 
the Chinese model has a quiet different sound but it's good in some ways (not acceptable)
if you buy the Chinese model for 50 or 60 bucks , you'll get a normal sound (like smartphone's earphone as i tested) witch is might be harmful for your ear's sound stage and also it is made by some cheater people with cheapest materials to get much more money and there is no guarantee, witch is not important against other problems .
if you buy the legit one for about 130 bucks, you'll get the standard, engineered,harmless,designed, guarantied IEM witch is made by a group of experts that spent lots of time and make it with 
the best  materials like gold covered cables (i'm not sure about cables), to defend their monster brand .
as i mentioned couple of times i made a horrible choice and bought it for 120 bucks that is pretty unfair because they sold it to me instead of legit one .
and like many of you i'm a college student and i need my money,but i'll never buy anything copied just because it's cheaper than original one,doesn't matter how good it is .
this was my idea so ... i'd like to hear yours .

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #59 of 91
Actually if you are expert in this I agree with you.
But then again mister MD Matriva if you what are you talking and educated in this field please do prove me wrong 100% and post some emipirical evidence of bad carcenogenic tips hurting ears.

I dont want to fight and I believe you are right at some point.

But houssin wrote about buying new whole earphones not tips for in ear.
So that makes no sense if you already have same sounding earphones for less price, thats the point.

And that so inappropriate of you saying that you need exspensive DAP for that anyway.
Some of us are students, and 50$ dollars means so much if I want to gather money for DAP.
And thats why it is inappropriate because whole thread is about how to get overpriced earphones for cheaper price so you can save money for DAP.

Ps. Based on my knowledge inner ear is where is hearing apperature, ear cannal is middle ear area.
Also for carcogenic material, we are using heavy metals or other carcogenic material every day in our hands but yet nothing happens to us, we even eat carcogenic food with carcogenic colours but yet "nothing" happens in the short run.

Edit: And why it is 99% that is made of toxic materials, you have statistics of all china illegal dealers?

I'm not here to doubt about the amazing ratio of sound quality/price of this IEM's... We all agree here that there's no doubt about it..
But for my point of view this is the only advantage of these IEM's. 
I'm doing a discussion at 360 degree here,and there's not only sound and price to consider but also safety and ethic.. 
To be honest i would never buy IEM's that could probably put in danger my healthy and in the same time financing Mafia's business and in the same time ruin the environment with toxic waste..
It goes against my deontological code..

About the sound quality the korean guy never said that that the fake sounds AS the legit... He said that was impressed by the sound and that especially for the price it's an absolute bargain...
He said that the fake sounds SIMILAR to the legit, but you can tell the difference between the fake and the legit and that the legit SE215 sounds better. 
Infact the korean guy on him review wrote in the conclusions textual words:  "I would rather have saved some extra money to buy a better product with a valid warranty."

"we are using heavy metals or other carcogenic material every day in our hands but yet nothing happens to us" Not true.. Everything depends on lot of factors. Also the country where you live can be relevant. For Example in Europe we have really strict rules about dangerous chemicals, colorants etc..
Rules that the USA don't have. Most of the chemicals listed as dangerous by the World Health Organization are still in used in the americas. Also in the food industry are still allowed somatotropin, steroids, antibiotics, antifungals, pesticides etc..
And to be honest when i discovered years ago these things i couldn't believe to my eyes that the most advanced nation in the world could do this...
That's also why in europe people is scared about the "Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership" for the simple reason that we could have in our tables american junk food and low standards of safety. But again... this is another discussion and it's not the right place to talk about.

" Based on my knowledge inner ear is where is hearing apperature, ear cannal is middle ear area." With this sentence i don't get your point..

Anyway i'm sorry but you are proving again your naivety in medical field... 
You don't must be a MD to know these things. I'm not talking about the structure and function of the glands ceruminous or about other technical stuff... 
I'm talking about evidence and facts..

And for sure you will not find nothing on google under the voice "tips hurting ears" or "in ear dangerous" for the simple reason that it's in the process of how the product is made (chemicals) to make it toxic or not..
These counterfeit models are made with unknown quantity/quality of chemicals and unknown process, so you can't know, if you don't have a laboratory exam to prove it, if those IEM's are safe or not!!

You want an "Empirical" evidence of toxic plastic materials from china? It happened just few years ago with major brands: http://chej.org/wp-content/uploads/Toxic-Toys-Report_11.17.10.pdf

And here we are talking about original products of Mattel, Disney, Marvel etc... Major brands that have control of the chain production and receive supervisory controls.
If this mistakes happens with major brands under a controlled environment, you can easily imagine with the counterfeit products made by mafia's factories how could be unsafe..

This is why i said 99% and not 100%... It's a percentage symbolic. You can have slight chances to find products that are safe, but you must be really lucky.
This is my meaning. And that 1% of chances you can have, only a laboratory exam can refute it in this case since the source of production is unknown. 

Prevention, specially in this case, is better than cure... Or i am wrong?
And for just 10 bucks of new ear tips i don't see this huge economical damage!!

Anyway i live in italy the master country of counterfeit products...
I know what i'm talking because my father work in the carabinieri and they find every day thousand of chinese depot or containers full of illegal counterfeit products imported from china and almost all are not comply with the law and made with toxic materials or unsafe.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #60 of 91
What a lenghty reply hah.
No indeed, I agree there is possibility of bad materials if there is no QC.
I really respect your lenghty answer, and yes I made bad statements (haha that about inner ear that I said, I missunderstood something you wrote).

If you read your post, you were disrespecting people that want to save money, and I said there is no really a need to buy again almost same earphones to houssin.
There is just too big gap of price between originals and this earphones, if you look at their quality.
Of course that is my statement, and it doesnt apply that everyone wants no warranty with earphones or earphones with that maybe have bad materials in them.
And I really agree with that said about tips, maybe even I will buy original ones because it doesnt hurts budget.

So from now on this is crossroad, I stated cons and pros that reader should decide which road it will take: original or copy/stolen.

I know, I saw with my own eyes that bad materials are pulled from shops because chinese put bad materials in them.
But I never seen anyone or heard about ear tips hurting users because of bad materials, and there is no proven matter on that case so I disagree that it is automatically bad. But you made grat point that there might be possibility so user can take that as precaution.

But saying this is bad 99% because it is copy, and that it has bad materials (you surly stated that, like you made it so you know for sure) I dont agree.

But as I said this is crossroad it has its cons and pros, that buyer should consider and which way he should take.

Personally as can be seen by my posts I prefer copy way.
And I would like to see what are people impressions on these in ears, and to confirm is it worth.

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back