Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX & Mainline
Mar 28, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #466 of 2,108
I think having sex on the tube amps is till a bad idea though... but hey, your house your rules
ph34r.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #467 of 2,108
Yey, my Crack has come back in focus and is sounding glorious, I was a little worried it might take a long old while to do so.

And man I just noticed the scream of a trumpet is now seriously, blow your socks off good.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #468 of 2,108
I think having sex on the tube amps is till a bad idea though... but hey, your house your rules :ph34r:

Right now we have S.E.X. on the table in the home theater, twice. Stereomour runs the mains, one S.E.X. runs the surrounds and one runs the center channel .

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #469 of 2,108
Just a follow up from the last post on burn in progress with the RTI Teflons. The glorious sound I last reported didn't last long and the sound quality continues to be very inconsistent, occasionally when I check I get a fleeting glimpse of what's to come, however it has never lasted more than a couple of tracks then its back to just plain muddy and generally dreadful.  

Good things come to those who wait.

Tick Tock.

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #470 of 2,108
Ha! Very similar experience here. To hasten it along, I've keep up a long playlist even when I've stepped away. Pretty amazing really; I'd be concerned if this wasn't generally known/understood as normal for large teflon caps.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #471 of 2,108
Starting to settle down now. I estimate I'm > 100 Hrs. The bass has focused and tightened; though I believe it has more to give deeper into burn-in/optimizing.

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #473 of 2,108
  My custom Mainline enclosure arrived from the craftsman today. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I tracked down a slab of Amboyna Burl Veneer that had the desired figuring and had these made for Mainline and my Crack. A picture's worth a thousand words

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
eek.gif

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #475 of 2,108
Beautful work there misterrogers.  Will have to tuck that veneer idea away.

Well, I am sick again and am selling all my gear.  Will downgrade to the best bang for buck combo I  know - T90 + Crack.  Bring it on!

Cheers

Nathan

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #476 of 2,108
  Beautful work there misterrogers.  Will have to tuck that veneer idea away.

Well, I am sick again and am selling all my gear.  Will downgrade to the best bang for buck combo I  know - T90 + Crack.  Bring it on!

Cheers

Nathan

Sorry to hear, Nathan, but at least you'll have a great setup to enjoy!

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #478 of 2,108
My custom Mainline enclosure arrived from the craftsman today. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I tracked down a slab of Amboyna Burl Veneer that had the desired figuring and had these made for Mainline and my Crack. A picture's worth a thousand words

I'm speechless.....

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #479 of 2,108

Holy crap!  That's outstanding!

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #480 of 2,108
Misterrodgers yours is the first picture I can remember seeing that shows the control overlay nicely, on a lot of the pics it kinds looks like a thinner plastic affair. However with your pic its clear to see its actually more substantial than I first thought. Its still hard to tell but is the writing for the controls engraved into the overlay sheet? I see the black overlay has a white layer underneath and have seen similar products done this way before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back