Boston Regional 8/25/07
Aug 28, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #91 of 109
Guess you're gonna have to get some K1000s to match the stand ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #92 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The name, "Hertsens Signature DAC" was my idea and is just meant to accomplish two goals, one to give a hint at what's in the box and two to pay a small tribute to a guy that bleeds the headphone hobby.

Very cool to see Tyll's name on a plaque, finally. It is fitting and proper to pay homage to father headamp. Missed having Tyll at the meet this year; he always adds a certain color and history; for example:

tyllbefore7cd.jpg

tyllafter6ph.jpg

Aug 29, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #94 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a great gathering. Are us seemingly lead-eared old guys also invited, at least till we need a nap?

That's what the hired alchemists are for. You'll be golden in no time! Oh...wait...maybe they've switched to Tina from Tampa and her Mind Erasers, but same deal. It's all good.

Aug 29, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #95 of 109
Just wanted to say thanks to the organizers of the meet. thanks for the warm welcome Dave. You're rig is insane...... It was great as a newbie to have a meet so soon after I found the forum.
orphsmile.gif
I was blown away with the rigs I listened to. It was a bit overwhelming trying to absorb as much info as possible. Also thanks for the rp-15 headphones, not sure who was responsible for the raffle but I believe it was PK, Thanks.

I have a couple cmoy pcbs on the way and I also just recieved jrossels CKKIII kit. I'll build a cmoy or 2 first.

It was nice to meet you guys and now I have a taste of what might be instore.
k1000smile.gif

Nate, you have some beatiful DIY stuff. I hope I can get some pointers on my builds.

Later
James

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #96 of 109
Many thanks Dave, Nate, Haj, and all organizers - you guys rock.

This meet's gear draw for me was anything having to do with DIY-ish DACs.
  1. PICO - In a word: WOW. Does direct I2S via USB, foregoing S/PDIF make this much difference? Is that particular top-end Wolfson DAC just that good? Is it synergy between parts? In any case, this will be the USB-based system to beat in portables.
  2. Hertsens Signature - What can I say Nate? You are the man. Feels like lots of people badgered Tyll about spawning a DAC line - but color me surprised that someone actually did something about it! Beautifully done, you have a real winner there. Also, another example of the kind of stand-up guy Tyll is, and what he's done for this hobby.
  3. Opus DAC - OK, no one had one. But since Jar brought it to my attention, and after hearing the PICO (using the same DAC chip), I'm excited to give it a try.
Great to catch up with everyone again, and meet some new faces. I don't have exciting pics - but as it seems we had as many photographers hauling DSLRs as we did headphiles, I think we're covered
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #98 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by SysteX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I would share a picture of my new headphone stand that I got at the meet thanks to Drew. Here she (he?) is sporting my HD650 and MS2i.

Looking good! Thanks again SysteX!

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #100 of 109
I am happy to announce that on behalf of the Boston Area Meet attendees, I just made a contribution to Head-Fi in the amount of $206.00. Thank you all for your generosity and participation in the events that lead to this surplus of funds.

Wishing you all the very best,

Dave

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #101 of 109
Quote:

I am happy to announce that on behalf of the Boston Area Meet attendees, I just made a contribution to Head-Fi in the amount of $206.00. Thank you all for your generosity and participation in the events that lead to this surplus of funds.

Dave

That's fantastic! Thank you again for all your work to make this meet happen.

Aug 29, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #102 of 109
Quote:

Dave

To all the Boston Area Meet attendees:

Thank you for the very generous support. It was certainly a surprise to see the PayPal notification from Dave this morning.

I hope I can attend one of your Meets some day. (It reminds me we haven't had a Detroit-area Meet in quite a while.)

Again, thank you very very much, everyone.

Best Regards,
Jude

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #103 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To all the Boston Area Meet attendees:

Thank you for the very generous support. It was certainly a surprise to see the PayPal notification from Dave this morning.

I hope I can attend one of your Meets some day. (It reminds me we haven't had a Detroit-area Meet in quite a while.)

Again, thank you very very much, everyone.

Best Regards,
Jude

Nice going Bostonians! I wonder if the Nor Cal crew kicked down that much?
plainface.gif
Better check.

Looks like you had a great meet and I too would love to attend one. I love Boston. I went to BC Law and luckily there was no Head-Fi at the time or I would likely be posting from a homeless shelter.
eek.gif
eek.gif
As it was, hanging out at Tim's and Fenway and other fine establishments was plenty enough distraction from studying.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #104 of 109
Quote:

Dave

Sweet! now I just gotta officially donate so I can get all the perks, and the cool blue name.
tongue.gif

so, all 5 of you other people who won the lowest tier Equation Audio headphones in the raffle - you guys had a chance to listen to them? I tried them out, and I was actually pretty surprised. Quite a bit better than I expected, they really aren't to bad. Need more time with them, but for ~$40 closed headphones they seem very nice. Definitely good beater headphones.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #105 of 109
I've been burning mine in the last couple of nights and so far so ok with the RP-22X's. They're definitely opening up a bit as time goes on so I'm just letting them run right now and not trying to form too definite a first impression. I'll certainly be posting my long term impressions but it's, uh, going to take a little while to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back