Boston (New England) Meet Impressions
Jul 12, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #61 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadlesko
2. Amp, amp and more amps...Headroom's balanced Max, Singlepower's PPX3, Ray's Raptor, Yikes' Benchmark, and a Krell that belonged to someone (perhaps Immtnbkr?)...:

I brought the Krell amp, but the credit and ownership goes to Tom (Bozebuttons). Believe it or not, that Krell amp is from 1992, before anyone took headphone amps seriously. A true Class A amp, with a dedicated power supply. Sounds real good.

Jul 12, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #62 of 92
Nice! I was waiting for all those pics! Looking at all the pics, can't wait for the next one!

Random observations from the meet - I have a huge head. Every time I put on a pair of headphones, I had to adjust the headband to accomodate my noggin. Also, everyone, and I mean everyone, listens louder than I do. My Gilmore Reference's volume knobs reached areas where they had never been before.

Jul 12, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #63 of 92
immtbiker said:
I brought the Krell amp

Thanks...I really enjoyed it! What are your thoughts on the Qualia...I only got a minute with them and thought that a longer listening session or perhaps different music choices might make them shine over time. I didn't get "it" right off the bat.

Jul 12, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #64 of 92
People either love them or hate them. I love them!!!

Jul 12, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #65 of 92
Ah, many great pics.

Gee, that lovely Ray Samuels amp seems to have a Headroom logo stuck on it. Funny, that...
icon10.gif

P7090018.jpg

Jul 12, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #67 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp
Here are the remainder of Ray's pics. Okay, Ray, put the camera down and back away, slowly. Great shots of some great folks and equipment.

Looks like Ray liked the ghetto Millett enclosure that I had Thaddy's amp in
icon10.gif

And I'm still waiting to "hear" what some of you thought of the M3 and the Millett showdown. I know I looked over there a couple times and saw people listening so bring it on, good, bad, it's all feedback that I want to hear.

N

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #68 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp
I can't thank you all enough for making the meet such an incredible success. Thanks to Salt Peanuts for keeping the first post up to date and in order. That was in itself a full-time job, long before the first piece of gear was assembled.

I had already Heard Vinnie's Clari-T with the AKG K100 (first time with those cans), but had to listen again at the meet. They were another combination that astounded me. Completely articulate and completely non-fatiguing. His amp also drove my Woodied 650 (XLR to spade lug adapter) extremely well. I also spent a bit of time with his battery powered DAC. For the smooth sound and great value, this DAC is a great addition to our growing and somewhat difficult choices.

Dave

All,

Sorry for the delay in posting about last weekends meeting:

First, a very big thanks to drp (Dave) and Salt Peanuts for planning and organizing this meeting so well...and it really showed! Well done!

drp, thanks for letting me borrow your portable discman with the digital output, as well as your "woodie" 650's
rs1smile.gif
Glad you enjoyed the battery powered dac + Clari-T + K1000 combo...thanks to you and Yikes for posting your impressions.
k1000smile.gif

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting the chance to listen to some new gear (with some new music for me as well
cool.gif
). The environment was fun and laid-back. It was great to meet some of the other manufacturers as well, whose gear looked and sounded awesome!

Sincerely,

Vinnie

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #69 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy006
Gee, that lovely Ray Samuels amp seems to have a Headroom logo stuck on it. Funny, that...
icon10.gif

I'vegot to admit it, I did it. I actually started to pull the sticker off after I harrassed Ray about it, and he told me to leave it on. So....I tried to take it back off. Shows you what a sport Ray is.

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #70 of 92
Heh, yes that was pretty funny when I saw that. But I think Tyll had been drinking, that's why he was putting headroom stickers on everything! haha
icon10.gif

Edit: Whenever there is another meet, We should definately get an after party lol!

Jul 12, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #71 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher

And I'm still waiting to "hear" what some of you thought of the M3 and the Millett showdown. I know I looked over there a couple times and saw people listening so bring it on, good, bad, it's all feedback that I want to hear.

N

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear what everyone thought of the little shootout table that Nate and Tyll had set up! Shoot us straight fella's, I want to hear the opinions
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #72 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Shoot us straight fella's, I want to hear the opinions
biggrin.gif

I Liked them all, but I thought the sound of the little Millet origional sounded great that night. Close your eyes, roll the tube and who knows, but that night the little one was sweet sounding to these old ears.

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #73 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little J040
Heh, yes that was pretty funny when I saw that. But I think Tyll had been drinking, that's why he was putting headroom stickers on everything! haha

No, just Rays amp.
eggosmile.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #74 of 92
Heh heh I know, Ray's amps looked sexy with there new adornments

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #75 of 92
A thought just popped into my head. A year ago, I figured maybe I'd get to try out a pair of Grado SR-125s some day. On Saturday, I got to listen to everything from a balanced RS-1 to K-1000s to a Qualia 010. It was a memorable experience.

I just wanted to say thank you.

Edit: It was good to meet you folks too!
eggosmile.gif
No seriously, this is an awesome group of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back