Boston (New England) Meet Impressions
Jul 11, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #31 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I'd like to know what Yikes meant when he said "plugging the PC into the Meridian was a disaster, because my Meridian was right next to that setup, in the picture...is there anything I should know, before plugging it back in, at my house
eek.gif
?

It was suppose to be a yoke, something about a pc not being as versatile as a little ole CD.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #33 of 92
Ray would have to tell you on the cable. I saw it just downf from my stuff earlier on and wondered who's it was. Then, later Ray was walking around lookin' for it and I told him I saw one and ----long story not short--- he was, like, "Whew, thanks I didn't want to loose that." I'm sure there is a story.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #34 of 92
Great pics. Looks like an excellent place to hold a meet.

General questions to any of the attendees:

Did you do any A/B-ing of the Raptor vs. Hornet like some attendees at the NY meet?

What source was the Hornet connected to when you made your impressions? Discman? Meridian G08?

Thanks guys for the rundown and pictures.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #35 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Ray would have to tell you on the cable. I saw it just downf from my stuff earlier on and wondered who's it was. Then, later Ray was walking around lookin' for it and I told him I saw one and ----long story not short--- he was, like, "Whew, thanks I didn't want to loose that." I'm sure there is a story.

Interesting,

did ray make that cable? Looks super duper interesting!

Though im really wierd, rather then peoples sources and components at a meet, I looks directly at what cables are used and involved.

It may have been smothered under all the heavy duty equipmentment, just wondering if anyone did some listening to the blue mini I sent over for the portables?

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #36 of 92
RnB180 - Your cable was near or with my iPod for most of the meet. Couple of people did ask me about it, though I can't remember who they all were since I can't connect everyone's face with their screen name, and there were also few non-Head-Fi members in attendance. I do prefer your cable over my Cardas - build quality is excellent and it sounds cleaner, imo, than my Cardas minis cable.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #37 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180

Though im really wierd, rather then peoples sources and components at a meet, I looks directly at what cables are used and involved.

Don't worry, when I post pictures of my rig sometime, my cables will have your signature on it
cool.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #38 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
It was suppose to be a yoke, something about a pc not being as versatile as a little ole CD.

Ah...see that's why a person should never assume. I assume, coming from a cable master as yourself, "PC" stood for "power cord". That, and my CD player, and the word, "disaster", all in the same sentence, caused me great distress
tongue.gif
. I'll plug it in, now. Pheeeeewww.....

BTW- I can't wait for DRP to finish turbo-charging my 25-S for free. Thanks, Dave
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #39 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
RnB180 - Your cable was near or with my iPod for most of the meet. Couple of people did ask me about it, though I can't remember who they all were since I can't connect everyone's face with their screen name, and there were also few non-Head-Fi members in attendance. I do prefer your cable over my Cardas - build quality is excellent and it sounds cleaner, imo, than my Cardas minis cable.

Hey thanks a lot man!
Glad you enjoy the sound, I hope it gives you unlimited hours of musical goodness,

Im really interested also in the ray samuels cable, A headifer told me he had a mil spec cable that sounded wonderful with his hornet, I was just wondering if that was the cable that I was informed of.

It looks as if it has molded ra connectors! never seen that before on a hand made cable!

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #40 of 92
Quote:

Hey thanks a lot man!

Im really interested also in the ray samuels cable, A headifer told me he had a mil spec cable that sounded wonderful with his hornet, I was just wondering if that was the cable that I was informed of.

It looks as if it has molded ra connectors! never seen that before on a hand made cable!

Ray has some good-sounding but top secret, "not to be released to the market" cables. The one at the NY meet was different than the one pictured in this thread, IIRC.

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #42 of 92
Quote:

Im going to have to pick one up for myself to hear it!

I don't think he'd sell
frown.gif
so that means you'd have to go to a meet!

Jul 11, 2005 at 6:08 AM Post #43 of 92
Anyone take any more pictures of the woodied HD650's? Request for more pics!
eggosmile.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #44 of 92
Quote:

Im going to have to pick one up for myself to hear it!

I got the impression from Ray that it would never be for sale. You can see it in a few pics, it's a rainbow colored standed cable with no covering and el-cheapo (Ray's words, not mine) connectors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Anyone take any more pictures of the woodied HD650's? Request for more pics!

I didn't get a great shot, but here they are with Red Wine Audio's stack.

original.jpg

Jul 11, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #45 of 92
Quote:

wow, the hornet!

You guys are lucky to gt to listen to it
frown.gif

Id love to hear one!

Is that a striaght wire mini connecting the hornet?

Hi RnB180....
If you are talking about that thick RED mini to mini interconnector that is connected to the Hornet in the two pictures above, the answer is, the cable is not mine, I believe it belongs to Dave "drp". Mine is the militery wire made of 20AWG about 10" long You might find the picture of it in NY meet impressions. Dave has many pictures that I know he will be posting & it will have the picture of the interconnector in it. To answer your's and other head-fiers question regarding selling any of those interconnectors, I would say sorry, no, There are great builders like JMT who makes some fine interconnectors with great clean work.
I am hoping to release the Hornet less than 2 months for NOW. I will post the pre-sale offer on Head-Fi soon to take orders.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back