Bose vs Sony?
Mar 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #17 of 23
No. The "X headphones" (I assume you mean the MDR-X10) are disappointing - congested, bass-driven, flattened highs, and the fit/build is funky (in a bad way). The QC15 are more balanced (they have boosted bass, but it isn't boom-boom all the time), have better top-end extension, are more comfortable, offer better isolation (who'dve thunk it?), have much better soundstaging, and so on - they're an easy suggestion over the X10.
This thread is almost a year old, and OP never returned after posting it...it's a zombie. :p (I wish there was a halloween themed smiley for times like this).

I tried those new Sony MDR-X10 headphones and I liked them. Yes, they don't have noise canceling but they're VERY loud and I mean it. You probably meant the older generation of x headphones ( if there is)

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 23
I tried those new Sony MDR-X10 headphones and I liked them. Yes, they don't have noise canceling but they're VERY loud and I mean it. You probably meant the older generation of x headphones ( if there is)

I meant this:

And I'm sure they do get quite loud, that doesn't make them good sounding. :ph34r:

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 23
Budget priced HPs - Bose ?? 

Something ain't right. 
You can get XB500's as a relatively cheap basshead cans, but Bose will be AT LEAST twice the price. 
Unless by saying budget HPs, you mean the $150+ ones 
biggrin.gif

BTW, MDR-1R mentioned earlier costs some good $300

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #21 of 23
Yeah, if "cheap" is the goal, Bose isn't the answer. :xf_eek: I haven't heard the XB500, but the Koss Ruk50 are good, inexpensive, bassy headphones that should be looked at (I'd say "as well" but again, no idea how they really stack up).

Still can't agree with the X10 - they're just, blargh. They aren't really offensive, they just don't do anything particularly well either - I'm guessing if the frame of reference is just Beats though, they're probably something, but compared to "everything" at $299~, they're lower-average. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back