Bose Triport Thread
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #406 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE.. The Jim Jones of audio.

OK, this is officially THE first time I'm using this Abbreviation ever (upon seeing who the Jim Jones really was)

[size=x-large]LOL!!![/size]
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Good one, kool bubba

PS: And it's the last time...seriously

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #409 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE.. The Jim Jones of audio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahahahahahaahahaha. Best analogy ever.

I don't recall BOSE offering me spiked Kool-Aid or inviting me into a cult. Perhaps the Ray Kroc of Audio.

And by Bose being the Ray Kroc I mean of course Amar Gopal Bose, not the company, because likening a company to a person would be stupid.

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #411 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't recall BOSE offering me spiked Kool-Aid or inviting me into a cult. Perhaps the Ray Kroc of Audio.

And by Bose being the Ray Kroc I mean of course Amar Gopal Bose, not the company, because likening a company to a person would be stupid.

Honestly, i don't know who's worst of those two: Jim Jones or Ray Kroc.

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #412 of 422
Tough call. Jones killed around a thousand people. Kroc changed the face of the country, even the world, permanently.

Though I think that perhaps if Kroc didn't massify food, someone else would have - the currents of rationalization are far older than that, and don't stop for anyone, so perhaps he was just the right person at the right time.

Either way, I think likening the creator of Bose to someone who created a company that taught us how to be satisfied with mediocrity is a better analogy than to a cult zealot crazy man.

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #413 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by markieta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't afford triports...

don't worry, save a little and soon you'll be blessed too...

[size=xx-small]with enough money to buy other decent headphones[/size]

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #414 of 422
Sarcasm Amplified to such an extent that now i can hear clipping
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #415 of 422
these headphones really blew me away, i went to futureshop and had a listen to these super high end phones and i just had to buy them right there and then!

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #416 of 422
they aren't listed in your sig...

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #417 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough call. Jones killed around a thousand people. Kroc changed the face of the country, even the world, permanently.

Though I think that perhaps if Kroc didn't massify food, someone else would have - the currents of rationalization are far older than that, and don't stop for anyone, so perhaps he was just the right person at the right time.

Either way, I think likening the creator of Bose to someone who created a company that taught us how to be satisfied with mediocrity is a better analogy than to a cult zealot crazy man.

It's perfect analogy. Only, imagine me reading the Jones comment without knowing who he was, and then seeing it on Wikipedia. That second was just hilarious
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #419 of 422
I have had them for the last 5 years! I think is time for me to  upgrade! Any help guys would be appreciated! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back