Bose Triport Thread
Jul 26, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #211 of 422
You do know there are people reading these posts that are unfamiliar with the headphone industry and probably audio in general. They might take your sarcasm seriously and go buy a pair for themselves and their whole family.

How would you sleep at night if you were to find out you're the ones responsible for such a disaster?

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #212 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by NuTT98
How would you sleep at night if you were to find out you're the ones responsible for such a disaster?

You're right, I've always been a vicious sort so it would probably be hard to sleep with all the snickering I'd be doing!
biggrin.gif
I think I'd be laughing for weeks...

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #213 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
I would not hurry in replacing Bose Triport original cable with any aftermarket one.

Yes, I read about the fierce competition between Zu, Stefan AudioArt and Cardas to produce a cable able to do justice to the Triports, but... guess what. I carefully detached the Bose Triports cable (which, BTW, did not alterate in any way their sonic characteristics!) and I am using it now with my HD600.

I actually found that the sound was immeasurably improved by the removal of the cable!

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #215 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by NuTT98
You do know there are people reading these posts that are unfamiliar with the headphone industry and probably audio in general. They might take your sarcasm seriously and go buy a pair for themselves and their whole family.

Ah, but what if these people love their Triports? And why should they not? The headphone is a prestige item, manufactured by a name maker, and blessed with the imprimatur of Head-Fi. "Unfamiliar with the headphone industry and probably audio in general," they would have no standard of comparison. Believing they had bought the best, why should they be anything except content?

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

BW

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #216 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
FACT: Vin Diesel once tried to bring about world peace and eternal happiness, so he invented Bose.
's true!

-Taurui

So . . . vin diesel is indirectly responsible for the creation of head-fi? And thus, the world in itself?

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #217 of 422
HahaAA

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #218 of 422
If you saw Ocean's Twelve you would have seen how they highlighted the Tri-Ports excellence in audio-fidelity. Think about it, if actors playing big time thieves use them, who else wouldn't?

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #219 of 422
If Amar Bose spent another 3 billion on engineering another hole in these things, could they sell them as Quad-Ports and charge an extra $50 for them (ya know $25 a hole, using the Tri-Ports $150 price)?
confused.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:59 AM Post #220 of 422
Well, after this thread made me realize the superiority of the TriPorts over all other headphones, I've been listening to them nonstop.

I've run out of pants to wear (think Incredible Hulk but different).

Crowds of females have been gathering outside my door. Apparently they heard about the effect the TriPorts are having on me.

I'm in love with my TriPorts and could care less what they want.

Jul 26, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #221 of 422
"I want my MTV." - Dire Straits
- MTV
+ Tri-ports

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #223 of 422
Quote:

Originally posted by VR6ofpain
"I want my MTV." - Dire Straits - MTV + Tri-ports ____________ Audio Bliss

You know MTV used to actually play music videos

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #224 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rkawa
You know MTV used to actually play music videos

. . . and have credibility.
tongue.gif

For some reason, bose and mtv just seem to fit together . . .

Jul 28, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #225 of 422
You know if this thread keeps going we're going to have more views that the SR-60 appreciation thread. I think that really testifies to the regard that audiophiles hold for Amar Bose and his company!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back