Bose QuietComfort 35
Jun 7, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #16 of 50
  They undoubtedly look awesome, but I'm not sure if I travel often enough to justify $350 on headphones. (you can see in my signature what I already have at home, and those are all great)

But there's no doubt that airplane noise makes me crank up the volume to levels louder than I'd like, hence the attraction to ANC.

I'm wondering if the introduction of QC35 will make the price drop at all on QC25. Otherwise, I may try to get refurbished QC25s.

@MacedonianHero is selling his here on Head Fi classifieds for $175 -- a superb price, and he's a "contributor" with +92 trader feedback, so probably quite a good deal that can be trusted. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810657/bose-qc25i-over-ear-noise-cancelling-headphones#post_12636735

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 50
So I had the chance to test the QC25 vs QC35...BIG difference to me...

Sound quality is much better in the 35's and the even bigger difference is in the noise cancelling..

On the 25's I know it's there because I feel it in my ears and kinda hear it if that makes sense...on the 35's I know it's working because I don't hear noise but it's just there..not noticeable and not fatiguing on my ears...just one mans opinion...

Best. Headphones.

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #18 of 50

Sound quality is much better in the 35's and the even bigger difference is in the noise cancelling..

On the 25's I know it's there because I feel it in my ears and kinda hear it if that makes sense...on the 35's I know it's working because I don't hear noise but it's just there..not noticeable and not fatiguing on my ears...just one mans opinion...

Best. Headphones.

This is great news! Every time I've tested the QC25 in-store, I've marveled at the substantial noise reduction that just happens when I put them on... But then if I start music, it's just... okay. Not something I think is worth the $299 price.

I'm very, very likely to pull the trigger on these given your early impressions, thank you!

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 50

Best. Headphones.

I wouldn't say the sound quality was much better. But then again, you're a Yankee fan; so we don't see a lot of things similarly.
wink.gif
 (Go Jays!!!!
tongue.gif
) I had both for an afternoon today side-by-side and I agree the QC35s sound a bit more open and controlled. Funny as super comfortable as the QC25s were, the QC35s have improved on this further. Didn't think it was possible?

I will be adding these to my listing here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-31-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around

@MacedonianHero is selling his here on Head Fi classifieds for $175 -- a superb price, and he's a "contributor" with +92 trader feedback, so probably quite a good deal that can be trusted. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/810657/bose-qc25i-over-ear-noise-cancelling-headphones#post_12636735

Sorry folks...just sold them locally on Kijiji of all places. Seeing the QC35 wireless was a no brainer for me. These are the best headphones for flying with and having the ability to not use a wired connection was a big advantage for me!

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #20 of 50
I wouldn't say the sound quality was much better. But then again, you're a Yankee fan; so we don't see a lot of things similarly. :wink:  (Go Jays!!!! :p ) I had both for an afternoon today side-by-side and I agree the QC35s sound a bit more open and controlled. Funny as super comfortable as the QC25s were, the QC35s have improved on this further. Didn't think it was possible?

I will be adding these to my listing here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-31-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around

Sorry folks...just sold them locally on Kijiji of all places. Seeing the QC35 wireless was a no brainer for me. These are the best headphones for flying with and having the ability to not use a wired connection was a big advantage for me!

As for baseball...It ain't over 'till it's over :D

I agree on the comfort aspect for sure...and perhaps I was reacting to the open and controlled aspects you describe as the sound produced by these is very appealing to me...

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #21 of 50
  Do these headphones support AptX or AAC codecs?  If not, I'm surprised that Bose would be releasing high-end headphones in 2016 that didn't (unless they concluded that these codecs really don't add value).

Edit:  My Amazon package arrived this evening and I can confirm these do in fact support the AAC codec, even though they don't seem to publicize it.  No AptX though.

How did you confirm that they support AAC?  

I don't see it in the specs?

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #23 of 50
If you connect to a Mac and then hold down the option key while clicking on the Bluetooth icon the Mac let's you see the codec that's in effect.

rhsauer, try disconnecting the headphones via the Bluetooth menu, then reconnecting. Then check if AptX is used while playing music. If these behave like the Momentum Wireless, you have to go through the disconnect > reconnect procedure to force AptX...

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #24 of 50
If you connect to a Mac and then hold down the option key while clicking on the Bluetooth icon the Mac let's you see the codec that's in effect.

rhsauer, try disconnecting the headphones via the Bluetooth menu, then reconnecting. Then check if AptX is used while playing music. If these behave like the Momentum Wireless, you have to go through the disconnect > reconnect procedure to force AptX...

I don't think they support AptX, which is OK with me since all of my music listening is on iOS or OSX devices that support AAC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #26 of 50
Bought a pair of these QuietComfort 35. Wow, Bose has really improved from years ago. The Bluetooth range is the best I've ever had on a Bluetooth device. The ability to use the Bose smartphone app to switch between my Android LG G5, my PC's Bluetooth and the Creative BT-W2 USB Transceiver plugged into my PS4 is a godsend. The sound is really good. The comfort is unreal. I'm surprised that a Bose product has Prat and can keep up with a bassline. Highly recommended. It sounds better than Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 to me. It has a nice soundstage. Better than my Oppo PM3 in depth and width. I'm impressed. No more wires to get tangled on in. I'm a wireless believer at this point. I'm surprised by how much I don't miss my PM3. Oh, did I mentioned the noise-canceling is unreal? Now I can listen to my music and movies in peace with no distractions and background noise. My only worry is how long the lithium-ion battery will last. I would have also wanted a USB Type-C connector for charging so I don't put too much pressure the USB connector over time.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #27 of 50
Any thoughts on these vs the sennheiser momentum 2.0 wireless, if you tried those out?

I had the Sennheiser's (M2AEBT) and loved them. All the reviews are pretty much right. The Sennheiser's sound better. The bass is fuller and they are much more musical. The noise cancelling on the Bose is better. Both were very comfortable. The Bluetooth on the Bose seemed more reliable, and the Bose app is great (although I wish it had a persistent equalizer, like the Jaybird app). The Bose sound good, very clean, very accurate - just perhaps a bit clinical and not as lush as the Sennheiser's. I liked the look of the Bose slightly better - more businesslike.

Since almost all of my Bluetooth listening is on iPhone I returned the Sennheiser's and kept the Bose, figuring that the lack of AAC on the Sennheiser's might make a difference - although I can't tell you I heard a difference. You can't go wrong with either headphones in my view.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #28 of 50
I had the Sennheiser's (M2AEBT) and loved them. All the reviews are pretty much right. The Sennheiser's sound better. The bass is fuller and they are much more musical. The noise cancelling on the Bose is better. Both were very comfortable. The Bluetooth on the Bose seemed more reliable, and the Bose app is great (although I wish it had a persistent equalizer, like the Jaybird app). The Bose sound good, very clean, very accurate - just perhaps a bit clinical and not as lush as the Sennheiser's. I liked the look of the Bose slightly better - more businesslike.

Since almost all of my Bluetooth listening is on iPhone I returned the Sennheiser's and kept the Bose, figuring that the lack of AAC on the Sennheiser's might make a difference - although I can't tell you I heard a difference. You can't go wrong with either headphones in my view.

What are your thoughts on build quality? I feel like i'd have to baby the bose headphones more since, don't feel as sturdy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back