Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Feb 24, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #872 of 1,152
  I have yet another update, I was fed up of the 1.06 that i downgraded after 1.2.9 because the ANC was not the same, so i gave 1.2.10 a shot. Its awful, when i start the headphones, it makes a wierd noise and ANC stops for a few seconds, all calls are distorted, and after ending a call (on my iPhone), iTunes starts on my Mac (This iTunes problem has been on all firmwares).
I again rolled back to 1.06 and guess what, the volume on the QC35 is independent from the Mac but the play/pause fwd rewind next back everything works.

I tried the same on my iPhone and its controlling my iPhone (unlike the mac)
The ANC is still less than earlier for sure, but for now my "not loud enough" problem seems to be fixed (Maybe its temporary again
When my QC35 internal volume is full, even 1/16 bars on the Mac volume sounds direct and not distant/hollow.  

I am almost certain that Bose has been tweaking the 1.06 because things have changed.

siberianmoon, how is your QC35 behaving now?

Tweaking a version requires changing the version number. This is done by creating a branch, the version number might have been 1.061 or something in that fashion, leaving the upper versions unaffected. I've never seen any company violate that policy.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #873 of 1,152

Tweaking a version requires changing the version number. This is done by creating a branch, the version number might have been 1.061 or something in that fashion, leaving the upper versions unaffected. I've never seen any company violate that policy.

This is what they are supposed to do, but as multiple users have reported lesser ANC when comparing the original 1.06 and the downgraded 1.06 from 1.29, i still think they have made changes in the same. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #874 of 1,152
  This is what they are supposed to do, but as multiple users have reported lesser ANC when comparing the original 1.06 and the downgraded 1.06 from 1.29, i still think they have made changes in the same. 

Or changes in the 1.2.9/1.2.10 firmware are not being fully erased when downgrading to 1.0.6.  Bose, just like any other company, would not meddle with an older firmware without giving it a new release such as 1.0.6.1.  Like StanD pointed out, I have never seen a company (hardware or software) do this and Bose has been open with the change logs with the QC35's and QC30's.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #875 of 1,152
  Or changes in the 1.2.9/1.2.10 firmware are not being fully erased when downgrading to 1.0.6.  Bose, just like any other company, would not meddle with an older firmware without giving it a new release such as 1.0.6.1.  Like StanD pointed out, I have never seen a company (hardware or software) do this and Bose has been open with the change logs with the QC35's and QC30's.

Yes it maybe that the updated ANC config does not get fully erased, but it is for sure that original 1.06 and downgraded 1.06 is not the same.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #876 of 1,152

No because Echoic memory is short and they might not remember exactly. Or there is something else wrong with some setups or devices.

Please read the previous posts. As you may not have realised yet, it's all in your head...ears...headphones...um memory!

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #877 of 1,152

Please read the previous posts. As you may not have realised yet, it's all in your head...ears...headphones...um memory!

There are a lot of posts about this, also on the Bose community, people who could not hear their co-workers with the original 1.06 can now hear them they the downgraded 1.06. Its all in your headPHONES, not in your head.

Feb 24, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #878 of 1,152

You seem to be confused, must be that last firmware update. The Borg, it's them or is it the Bose?

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #879 of 1,152
There are a lot of posts about this, also on the Bose community, people who could not hear their co-workers with the original 1.06 can now hear them they the downgraded 1.06. Its all in your headPHONES, not in your head.

I could hear every co-worker with 1.06

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #880 of 1,152
  siberianmoon, how is your QC35 behaving now?

Alright. I fiddled with the Bluetooth settings, tried my everything with them. Then I decided to reset the whole device, wiping everything and re-installed the Android ROM. The headphones still sound like crap. I have to concede it might be a glitch with the QC35 and Android 7, as my spare phone is still running the older Android 6 and has no problem with the headphones. This wouldn't be a surprise for me, personally, as already before I had problems connecting to my camera's wifi for the whole lifecycle of Android 5... Bose has promised a new firmware out in March that should fix more compatibility issues, so I am putting my hope in that.

On my device, there's a switch to toggle "Bluetooth absolute audio" (combined audio controls) but that has been broken also for months now.

-----------------------------

EDIT: Ok, now I feel such a noob... Apparently my problems were due to poorly encoded audio files. The tool that I've been using was broken last time I needed to change the files on my phone, so I used another utility and did not check the result beforehand... Now that I noticed this and loaded my phone with high-quality audio files, the issue with sound quality is gone.

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #881 of 1,152

Oh I'm fully aware of this, my comments were as a reply to the comments above. I just want mine to be as they were.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #882 of 1,152
the problem I ran into with the firmware updates were a bit different.   I just bought a set of QC35s 3 days ago.  Used them the first day at work with the 1.06.  They were fantastic with removing the AC sounds in the office and did a great job of reducing the sound of the two football chatterboxes from a roar to a very faint , have to listen hard to hear them.  1.06 does not remove all people speaking from your environment - it however renders them very easy to ignore, this was with no music just the ANC in use.  The next day I saw there was an app from Bose, notice of firmware and let that rip.  After that point the new firmware caused the headset to start cutting out playing music and the internal voice became crackly.  As for ANC I did not notice a difference in the quality of it.  Maybe a hair worse as I was starting to notice the ADD football talker more , but could be he actually had to do work and was getting excited about something.   I returned them to BB, deinstalled the Bose app and just using them at 1.06 to great success. 

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #883 of 1,152
  the problem I ran into with the firmware updates were a bit different.   I just bought a set of QC35s 3 days ago.  Used them the first day at work with the 1.06.  They were fantastic with removing the AC sounds in the office and did a great job of reducing the sound of the two football chatterboxes from a roar to a very faint , have to listen hard to hear them.  1.06 does not remove all people speaking from your environment - it however renders them very easy to ignore, this was with no music just the ANC in use.  The next day I saw there was an app from Bose, notice of firmware and let that rip.  After that point the new firmware caused the headset to start cutting out playing music and the internal voice became crackly.  As for ANC I did not notice a difference in the quality of it.  Maybe a hair worse as I was starting to notice the ADD football talker more , but could be he actually had to do work and was getting excited about something.   I returned them to BB, deinstalled the Bose app and just using them at 1.06 to great success. 

I posted on the Bose forum.... DO NOT update the firmware from 1.0.6 - I exchanged mine with Bose because the update was terrible. Got a new set w/1.0.6 from factory and HAPPY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back