Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jun 29, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #197 of 1,152
  You can download the dmg in https://developer.apple.com/download/more/?name=for%20Xcode
It is called Hardware IO Tools for Xcode 7.3 (current version). Mounting that image will reveal BT Explorer. You open the app (which doesn't feature an UI after run)

Then you should go to Tools->Audio Options and see the option to turn the AAC on. (screenshot below in imgur as I'm a noob and not allowed to attach images yet :p)
http://imgur.com/viyruja

After that, disconnect your headphones and reconnect. AAC should be available from now on. Haven't tried a reboot though, but I'm assuming it's a config that will stay

Whats the advantage of going through AAC than through Bluetooth?

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #198 of 1,152

Whats the advantage of going through AAC than through Bluetooth?

http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/

TL;DR: for the mere mortals, SBC from your phone or laptop should be enough if the source is good; for the audiophile or the ones with picky ears, AAC might get more throughput resulting in better sound quality/less compression

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #199 of 1,152
I can reproduce the problem at will. If you have Spotify there is a song called "Those Days" by KAASI

If you listen to that song at a fairly high volume and then lift an ear cup slightly off your ear you will hear the bass distort, and pretty bad I would say.

It does not happen if you have a good seal, but a bit concerning none-the-less. At least its fair to say it should not happen with a $350 pair of headphone. I'm considering returning.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #200 of 1,152
  Now one thing I'd love to have as an option: the ability to decide what kind of voice prompts I get. Extremely annoying to hear the voice spell the names of the devices each time it establishes or loses that connection. Grrrrr.

The first thing I did was to use the app to shut off the voice prompts.  That leaves just tones that are 90% as informative and 120% less annoying.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #201 of 1,152
  I can reproduce the problem at will. If you have Spotify there is a song called "Those Days" by KAASI

If you listen to that song at a fairly high volume and then lift an ear cup slightly off your ear you will hear the bass distort, and pretty bad I would say.

It does not happen if you have a good seal, but a bit concerning none-the-less. At least its fair to say it should not happen with a $350 pair of headphone. I'm considering returning.

Just listened to this song with both my mac and my Nexus 5X using the max output. No distortion whatsoever...

Jun 30, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #206 of 1,152
So I just bought these babies, but there is one thing I am kinda unsure of; how do you enable JUST NC? The slider can be slid all the way to the right towards the bluetooth symbol, but doesn't stay in that position, it sticks in the middle. When sliding the slider to the right, all the way, or just the to the middle, the bluetotth seems still to be enabled. Anything I am missing here?

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #210 of 1,152
  Oh, you are saying bluetooth will only be disabled when the cable is plugged in - you sure about that?

If I remember correctly, as soon as you plug the cable you get auto disconnected from previously connected devices. I'd assume that's because Bluetooth is turned off. I don't see a reason to be able to turn off Bluetooth without an audio cable being plugged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back